Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel pain-ossatron

Posted by Gail G on 10/19/01 at 16:06 (063301)

I had heel pain for over 1 year now. Try'd ice, motrin,cortizone shot, and streching however it still comes back. I've been looking into ossatron in Michigan. They are talking about 1795 per foot plus about 2-3000 for antistetics etc. Since Canada has had it around for awhile does anyone have info on the costs there? Also any suggestions! Thanks Gail

Re: Heel pain-ossatron

CarlW on 10/19/01 at 16:27 (063304)

Gail

You may want to check into the Sonorex system offered in Canada. I think the cost is only about C$900 per foot. It requires multiple (usually 3) treatments but the total cost is still only $900. No anistetic either.

Carl

Irmgard J. on 10/19/01 at 19:44 (063312)

For ESWT tratment in Canada, check with Bayshore: http://www.bayshore.ca
Sonorex Co. is also another provider of ESWT in Canada. Bayshore provides a combination therapy of ESWT and laser without any additional cost to the patient for the laser.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/20/01 at 11:43 (063344)

We aren't in Canada but in the USA . Our treatment protocol is very effective and has been in use for the past two years. We find that orbasone ESWT to be a very good procedure for chronic heel pain and pf. Cost is going to be higher then Bayshore, We do our procedures right in our mobile unit and have a group of very well trained Foot and Ankle podiatrist. So if USA is where you want to go we are here. Always willing to help you and advice you no matter you go .

Beckyluvs2travel on 10/20/01 at 23:34 (063371)

Ossatron is expensive but worth it. Do you know about crawling to the bathroom? Well, after the Ossatron, I have flairups and was even a failure in the FDA study in the US but am no longer having to crawl everywhere. Insurance covered mine or I would have been unable to do it.
I guess you've looked into your work (if you work) covering it.

Gail on 10/22/01 at 11:14 (063418)

How do I find out if my insurance covers it? Do I jaahave to go to a doctor to find out?.GG

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/22/01 at 15:27 (063426)

ESWT can be effective although it is generally used after a failure of conventional conservative treatment. Read the info. on this site as there is certainly a number of things that you have not tried yet.
Ed

Jen I on 10/22/01 at 23:38 (063442)

Gail:

I had ESWT done in Michigan in August. Where are you going? Your costs seemed higher than mine. My treatment for one foot was 1700 for all. I have Messa Blue Cross/Blue Shield and they covered it all. Insurance had a special code number that I gave to my doctor. The doctor sent a diagnostic letter to insurance to tell them I was a candidate for ESWT. They covered it.
I went to a Dr. Kline in Waterford, also office in Oak Park.

gail on 10/23/01 at 14:00 (063462)

Well today I called and gave both the diagnositic and procedjure code and BC Bs said it is an unlisted procedjure. Which means after I have the ossa and the doc sends a report they will consider covering it. As of this time no one has gotten paid. bcbs thru Messa and Federal are covered but mine is traditional. The doc says they were suppost to make a determination last month on oking it but so far no go. I also doubt that even if they decide to cover it that it would be retro...GG

J. P. Jacob on 10/23/01 at 16:58 (063476)

Dr. Zuckerman is right. There is a substantial difference in health care costs between Canada and the United States. On a professional basis, Dr. Zuckerman and the Bayshore therapist occasionally discuss and exchange Plantar Fasciitis ESWT treatment protocols and ideas. In conclusion, the treatment protocol, treatment outcome and long term experience of a clinic are important from a patient's standpoint.
Though each ESWT equipment manufacturer may claim that their equipment is the best, Bayshore's experience over a decade is that most of the equipments perform to one's expectation. However, the manufacturers' clinical experiencei s minimal and there will be a minimum contribution from their side in clinical protocol development.

J. P. Jacob, Managing Director, Bayshore Health Group - Clinical Division

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/23/01 at 18:42 (063486)

I have to agree the experience of the clinic is very important. I have found the Bayshore clinic to be a very friendly , caring group of ESWT practicers.
They have always offered to help not only myself, my pateints, but this board. Bayshore has the experience. So if you like Mike Myers, want to visit Canada and want a clinic that knows what they are doing Bayshore is your place to go to.

CarlW on 10/19/01 at 16:27 (063304)

Gail

You may want to check into the Sonorex system offered in Canada. I think the cost is only about C$900 per foot. It requires multiple (usually 3) treatments but the total cost is still only $900. No anistetic either.

Carl

Irmgard J. on 10/19/01 at 19:44 (063312)

For ESWT tratment in Canada, check with Bayshore: http://www.bayshore.ca
Sonorex Co. is also another provider of ESWT in Canada. Bayshore provides a combination therapy of ESWT and laser without any additional cost to the patient for the laser.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/20/01 at 11:43 (063344)

We aren't in Canada but in the USA . Our treatment protocol is very effective and has been in use for the past two years. We find that orbasone ESWT to be a very good procedure for chronic heel pain and pf. Cost is going to be higher then Bayshore, We do our procedures right in our mobile unit and have a group of very well trained Foot and Ankle podiatrist. So if USA is where you want to go we are here. Always willing to help you and advice you no matter you go .

Beckyluvs2travel on 10/20/01 at 23:34 (063371)

Ossatron is expensive but worth it. Do you know about crawling to the bathroom? Well, after the Ossatron, I have flairups and was even a failure in the FDA study in the US but am no longer having to crawl everywhere. Insurance covered mine or I would have been unable to do it.
I guess you've looked into your work (if you work) covering it.

Gail on 10/22/01 at 11:14 (063418)

How do I find out if my insurance covers it? Do I jaahave to go to a doctor to find out?.GG

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/22/01 at 15:27 (063426)

ESWT can be effective although it is generally used after a failure of conventional conservative treatment. Read the info. on this site as there is certainly a number of things that you have not tried yet.
Ed

Jen I on 10/22/01 at 23:38 (063442)

Gail:

I had ESWT done in Michigan in August. Where are you going? Your costs seemed higher than mine. My treatment for one foot was 1700 for all. I have Messa Blue Cross/Blue Shield and they covered it all. Insurance had a special code number that I gave to my doctor. The doctor sent a diagnostic letter to insurance to tell them I was a candidate for ESWT. They covered it.
I went to a Dr. Kline in Waterford, also office in Oak Park.

gail on 10/23/01 at 14:00 (063462)

Well today I called and gave both the diagnositic and procedjure code and BC Bs said it is an unlisted procedjure. Which means after I have the ossa and the doc sends a report they will consider covering it. As of this time no one has gotten paid. bcbs thru Messa and Federal are covered but mine is traditional. The doc says they were suppost to make a determination last month on oking it but so far no go. I also doubt that even if they decide to cover it that it would be retro...GG

J. P. Jacob on 10/23/01 at 16:58 (063476)

Dr. Zuckerman is right. There is a substantial difference in health care costs between Canada and the United States. On a professional basis, Dr. Zuckerman and the Bayshore therapist occasionally discuss and exchange Plantar Fasciitis ESWT treatment protocols and ideas. In conclusion, the treatment protocol, treatment outcome and long term experience of a clinic are important from a patient's standpoint.
Though each ESWT equipment manufacturer may claim that their equipment is the best, Bayshore's experience over a decade is that most of the equipments perform to one's expectation. However, the manufacturers' clinical experiencei s minimal and there will be a minimum contribution from their side in clinical protocol development.

J. P. Jacob, Managing Director, Bayshore Health Group - Clinical Division

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/23/01 at 18:42 (063486)

I have to agree the experience of the clinic is very important. I have found the Bayshore clinic to be a very friendly , caring group of ESWT practicers.
They have always offered to help not only myself, my pateints, but this board. Bayshore has the experience. So if you like Mike Myers, want to visit Canada and want a clinic that knows what they are doing Bayshore is your place to go to.