Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need advise regarding seeing a physiatrist

Posted by Julie on 10/20/01 at 15:45 (063353)

I am 10 weeks post-op from PF surgery (partial release) and still experiencing pain and cannon walk without crutches. My Pod. mentioned last time I was there that if I amnot better the next time I see him, he will consider referring me to a physiatrist. I have learned a bit about that type of doc since my doc mentioned it but am not sure what a phsiatrist can do that is different from what my physical therapist is currently doing for me. So I am posting this to ask what I might expect from a visit to a physiatrist, if others have been helped by this type of doc, and any other advice anyone has regarding this lengthy healing period, which I was totally unprepared for. Thanks.

Re: Need advise regarding seeing a physiatrist

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/20/01 at 17:15 (063356)

Evaluate your functional capacity and teach you how to walk again. In addtition do neurological testing- EMG's

Re: Need advise regarding seeing a physiatrist

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/20/01 at 17:15 (063356)

Evaluate your functional capacity and teach you how to walk again. In addtition do neurological testing- EMG's