Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hi, Tammie!

Posted by Suzanne D on 10/21/01 at 08:53 (063378)

Tammie, I was thinking of you this morning and just wanted to let you know. I remember reading that you have started back to work in the hospital, I believe, and I just wanted to say that I hope you are not experiencing too much pain with the increased time on your feet! I wish for you a good day. :-)

Re: Hi,

Tammie on 10/21/01 at 19:18 (063393)

Hi,
Thanks for asking about me! I am indeed back to work and loving it I do love my job so very much! It couldnt make me happier! Now if I could only say that about my feet I would be perfect! But then what would perfection be? Unfortuantly my feet are not happy about being pounded for 9 hrs at work then coming home to more stuff as u know work and live is never ending! It is hard the day after working it is very difficult to move!I see my dr. in Nov and am going to see about this lump that has appeared under foot seems to be quite painful and see wht we can come up with to help with thease foot cramps or spasam like feelings.Nope feet do not seem to listen they seem to like being awake and causing me grief at night , seems like I cant remember what it is like to sleep a night thru anymore!

I am wondering what is going on with them but I am indeed happy to be back at work where I belong if I can keep moving that is. I find my self back into a limp mode and that to is worrying me as I do not need other troubles. But my job is safe and that was very important to me!

Now I do hope that u are doing well I enjoy reading your posts and do read board and post, I guess I have felt so negative about my progress I had hoped there would be much more improvement and well maybe there will be yet as it is has been almost 2 months and have heard can take much longer. I ordered another pair of glass slippers for my precious feet am hoping they will be the ruby ones! LOL so please keep posting and keep your hearts light and the sunshine in your eyes! Hugs to u Tammie

Suzanne D on 10/21/01 at 21:14 (063396)

Good to hear that you are enjoying being back at work, Tammie! That is how I feel about my job, too. Even though it is harder on my feet, I truly love teaching and am happiest when I am at school with my little ones! It would be so nice to go back to the time when I never even thought about my feet, though; you know what I mean?

My most comfortable shoes are my Arizona Birkenstock and so I am still wearing them to school most days, but with 'cute' socks since it is cooler (cute to first graders, anyway!). They like the frogs and spider webs, etc. My husband says, 'You wore THOSE to school today?', but I just smile. I am breaking in a pair of Bostons which feel pretty good although my feet get more tired in them.

I am lucky that our old school building has wooden floors. I imagine you have to walk on concrete, and I feel for you. I do hope you can keep getting along o.k. and that your dr. can help in November! Take care! :-)

nancy s. on 10/22/01 at 01:19 (063404)

ok, suzanne: the imelda marcos of socks here. where did you get socks with spider webs on them? i must have some! will travel (on the ground).
nancy

JudyS on 10/22/01 at 16:41 (063429)

Dearest Sock Friend - check out Sears....I just saw some great halloween sox there, and....some XMas sox with jingle bells on them!

Suzanne D on 10/22/01 at 20:17 (063437)

You made me smile! :-) You know, I actually cannot remember where the spider web socks came from! If I remember or see some again, I'll let you know where they were. They have a little plastic spider sewed to the outside of each. Whenever I sit on my stool to read to the kids, they always look to see what socks I'm wearing; now with the Birkenstock they get more of a look! I just keep an eye out for them when I am out shopping. Often they are near the check-out area. I got a men's pair of Santa socks on sale after Christmas one year which are really comfortable as I have a long foot, and some women's socks are a bit tight.

Happy hunting! :-)

Re: To the in search for socks

Tammie on 10/23/01 at 09:04 (063449)

I have noticed that most of the stores such as wallmart kmart and alot of the $1 stores and such have the holiday theme socks usually a bit before the hoiday as u need to snap them when u c them as often they are gone quickly! My daughter enjoys the holiday socks but of course it isnt with the fashion mode of a 13 yr old so she prefers her unfashionable mother to wear them. And of course I do! They are just to cute to pass up and often at a buck a pair.

As long as we are on subject of socks I must mention I recently purchased some socks at good old walmart that were supposed to have arch support and the cool max in them and i must say I have wore them to try out and I have found they are kinda nice with that support feel,they were only about 5.00 for 2 pairs, now whether they hold up or not and if they continue to feel good I have no idea but thought I might pass it along.
My good foot has given me grief and I have been taping as I see on this site heheh and wear this sock with orthodics and decent shoes seems to have made that foot feel more supported, maybe a pot of gold at end of that rainbow! The other foot well lets just say not sure if there is anything that will make it agreeable it is to stubborn, but it met its match hehehe .

Well just thought I would pass along as I have found neet little santa socks and they are adorable for a 1.00 at the dollar stores so they will be gone soon check it out or if u are lucky like me maybe your sweet shopaholic mother or friends would look for u !!!My mom is the greatest she can find a bargin with her eyes closed lol! Hugs to u and good luck finding cute socks to make your sore feet at least look good! hehe

Suzanne D on 10/23/01 at 14:07 (063464)

You're right, Tammie! A lot of the bargain type stores have cute socks. I think Wal-Mart may be where I got the spider web socks last year. I just can't remember. Although they are more costly, I have found that Lane Bryant carries some pretty socks - and they have the added plus for me of being a little roomier which helps my long feet! Sometimes they run sales like 'But 3, get 2 free' which I have taken advantage of at times. And you are also right that the seasonal ones go fast!

This is Red Ribbon Week at school in the Say No to Drugs campaign, and Thursday is 'crazy socks' day. I will have to decide which ones to wear... :-)

SuzanneK on 10/23/01 at 20:12 (063498)

I am another Suzanne who is also a teacher. But I teach 3rd grade. I think you will all be jealous of my flamino socks, which I shall wear for Red Ribbon Crazy Socks day at my school tomorrow.

Re: oops!

SuzanneK on 10/23/01 at 20:12 (063499)

I meant FLAMINGO socks, of course. LOL

Suzanne D on 10/23/01 at 20:34 (063506)

Flamingo socks!! My first graders would love them! :-) I've not seen those before. Last year on 'Crazy Socks Day', my assistant had everybody's favorite: great big pink pigs with red hearts! Today our music teacher had on a pair with music notes and treble and bass clefs which were neat.

Have a good Red Ribbon Week at your school! Somehow, I always end up taking more migraine medicine during Say No to Drugs Week! I think it has something to do with the changing weather. Here in KY we are to be in the mid-80's tomorrow with a chance of snow showers Friday!

nancy s. on 10/24/01 at 06:10 (063520)

thanks for all the sox info! clearly i haven't gotten out and around enough. will have to go sox hunting and gathering very soon. i'm missing the boat.

Andrea R. on 10/24/01 at 06:59 (063522)

Nancy S.,

Aren't you moving to Old Orchard Beach? Then travel south to Kittery. There are at least two stores that carry nothing but socks. Also the Hanes outlets often have some too.

Happy sox hunting!

Andrea

nancy s. on 10/24/01 at 08:46 (063526)

andrea! yes, i'm moving to old orchard. two stores in kittery that carry nothing but sox?? i am overexcited.
do the stores' names let you know that they're completely sox stores? stores with nothing but sox -- another dream come true.
thanks.
n.

Nancy on 10/24/01 at 09:29 (063529)

I tried to look up the names and the only one I could find listed is Sox Market in 'The Outlet Mall of Kittery' which is near Dexter shoes. The other one used to be near the Burger King. Also the Bali,Hanes,Leggs stores often have interesting socks too. You need to drive around from mall to mall and check what's new because some of the places come and go quickly. There's a Brookstone outlet which often has some great prices: worth checking out if you're in Kittery.

There are usually some stores along Market Street in Portsmouth, but that can be hit or miss.

I'm going to WalMart tonight and will let you know what I find.

Andrea

Re: Should be from Andrea R. to Nancy.

Andrea R. on 10/24/01 at 09:30 (063530)

Sorry for the mix up.

Tammie on 10/21/01 at 19:18 (063393)

Hi,
Thanks for asking about me! I am indeed back to work and loving it I do love my job so very much! It couldnt make me happier! Now if I could only say that about my feet I would be perfect! But then what would perfection be? Unfortuantly my feet are not happy about being pounded for 9 hrs at work then coming home to more stuff as u know work and live is never ending! It is hard the day after working it is very difficult to move!I see my dr. in Nov and am going to see about this lump that has appeared under foot seems to be quite painful and see wht we can come up with to help with thease foot cramps or spasam like feelings.Nope feet do not seem to listen they seem to like being awake and causing me grief at night , seems like I cant remember what it is like to sleep a night thru anymore!

I am wondering what is going on with them but I am indeed happy to be back at work where I belong if I can keep moving that is. I find my self back into a limp mode and that to is worrying me as I do not need other troubles. But my job is safe and that was very important to me!

Now I do hope that u are doing well I enjoy reading your posts and do read board and post, I guess I have felt so negative about my progress I had hoped there would be much more improvement and well maybe there will be yet as it is has been almost 2 months and have heard can take much longer. I ordered another pair of glass slippers for my precious feet am hoping they will be the ruby ones! LOL so please keep posting and keep your hearts light and the sunshine in your eyes! Hugs to u Tammie

Suzanne D on 10/21/01 at 21:14 (063396)

Good to hear that you are enjoying being back at work, Tammie! That is how I feel about my job, too. Even though it is harder on my feet, I truly love teaching and am happiest when I am at school with my little ones! It would be so nice to go back to the time when I never even thought about my feet, though; you know what I mean?

My most comfortable shoes are my Arizona Birkenstock and so I am still wearing them to school most days, but with 'cute' socks since it is cooler (cute to first graders, anyway!). They like the frogs and spider webs, etc. My husband says, 'You wore THOSE to school today?', but I just smile. I am breaking in a pair of Bostons which feel pretty good although my feet get more tired in them.

I am lucky that our old school building has wooden floors. I imagine you have to walk on concrete, and I feel for you. I do hope you can keep getting along o.k. and that your dr. can help in November! Take care! :-)

nancy s. on 10/22/01 at 01:19 (063404)

ok, suzanne: the imelda marcos of socks here. where did you get socks with spider webs on them? i must have some! will travel (on the ground).
nancy

JudyS on 10/22/01 at 16:41 (063429)

Dearest Sock Friend - check out Sears....I just saw some great halloween sox there, and....some XMas sox with jingle bells on them!

Suzanne D on 10/22/01 at 20:17 (063437)

You made me smile! :-) You know, I actually cannot remember where the spider web socks came from! If I remember or see some again, I'll let you know where they were. They have a little plastic spider sewed to the outside of each. Whenever I sit on my stool to read to the kids, they always look to see what socks I'm wearing; now with the Birkenstock they get more of a look! I just keep an eye out for them when I am out shopping. Often they are near the check-out area. I got a men's pair of Santa socks on sale after Christmas one year which are really comfortable as I have a long foot, and some women's socks are a bit tight.

Happy hunting! :-)

Tammie on 10/23/01 at 09:04 (063449)

I have noticed that most of the stores such as wallmart kmart and alot of the $1 stores and such have the holiday theme socks usually a bit before the hoiday as u need to snap them when u c them as often they are gone quickly! My daughter enjoys the holiday socks but of course it isnt with the fashion mode of a 13 yr old so she prefers her unfashionable mother to wear them. And of course I do! They are just to cute to pass up and often at a buck a pair.

As long as we are on subject of socks I must mention I recently purchased some socks at good old walmart that were supposed to have arch support and the cool max in them and i must say I have wore them to try out and I have found they are kinda nice with that support feel,they were only about 5.00 for 2 pairs, now whether they hold up or not and if they continue to feel good I have no idea but thought I might pass it along.
My good foot has given me grief and I have been taping as I see on this site heheh and wear this sock with orthodics and decent shoes seems to have made that foot feel more supported, maybe a pot of gold at end of that rainbow! The other foot well lets just say not sure if there is anything that will make it agreeable it is to stubborn, but it met its match hehehe .

Well just thought I would pass along as I have found neet little santa socks and they are adorable for a 1.00 at the dollar stores so they will be gone soon check it out or if u are lucky like me maybe your sweet shopaholic mother or friends would look for u !!!My mom is the greatest she can find a bargin with her eyes closed lol! Hugs to u and good luck finding cute socks to make your sore feet at least look good! hehe

Suzanne D on 10/23/01 at 14:07 (063464)

You're right, Tammie! A lot of the bargain type stores have cute socks. I think Wal-Mart may be where I got the spider web socks last year. I just can't remember. Although they are more costly, I have found that Lane Bryant carries some pretty socks - and they have the added plus for me of being a little roomier which helps my long feet! Sometimes they run sales like 'But 3, get 2 free' which I have taken advantage of at times. And you are also right that the seasonal ones go fast!

This is Red Ribbon Week at school in the Say No to Drugs campaign, and Thursday is 'crazy socks' day. I will have to decide which ones to wear... :-)

SuzanneK on 10/23/01 at 20:12 (063498)

I am another Suzanne who is also a teacher. But I teach 3rd grade. I think you will all be jealous of my flamino socks, which I shall wear for Red Ribbon Crazy Socks day at my school tomorrow.

Re: oops!

SuzanneK on 10/23/01 at 20:12 (063499)

I meant FLAMINGO socks, of course. LOL

Suzanne D on 10/23/01 at 20:34 (063506)

Flamingo socks!! My first graders would love them! :-) I've not seen those before. Last year on 'Crazy Socks Day', my assistant had everybody's favorite: great big pink pigs with red hearts! Today our music teacher had on a pair with music notes and treble and bass clefs which were neat.

Have a good Red Ribbon Week at your school! Somehow, I always end up taking more migraine medicine during Say No to Drugs Week! I think it has something to do with the changing weather. Here in KY we are to be in the mid-80's tomorrow with a chance of snow showers Friday!

nancy s. on 10/24/01 at 06:10 (063520)

thanks for all the sox info! clearly i haven't gotten out and around enough. will have to go sox hunting and gathering very soon. i'm missing the boat.

Andrea R. on 10/24/01 at 06:59 (063522)

Nancy S.,

Aren't you moving to Old Orchard Beach? Then travel south to Kittery. There are at least two stores that carry nothing but socks. Also the Hanes outlets often have some too.

Happy sox hunting!

Andrea

nancy s. on 10/24/01 at 08:46 (063526)

andrea! yes, i'm moving to old orchard. two stores in kittery that carry nothing but sox?? i am overexcited.
do the stores' names let you know that they're completely sox stores? stores with nothing but sox -- another dream come true.
thanks.
n.

Nancy on 10/24/01 at 09:29 (063529)

I tried to look up the names and the only one I could find listed is Sox Market in 'The Outlet Mall of Kittery' which is near Dexter shoes. The other one used to be near the Burger King. Also the Bali,Hanes,Leggs stores often have interesting socks too. You need to drive around from mall to mall and check what's new because some of the places come and go quickly. There's a Brookstone outlet which often has some great prices: worth checking out if you're in Kittery.

There are usually some stores along Market Street in Portsmouth, but that can be hit or miss.

I'm going to WalMart tonight and will let you know what I find.

Andrea

Re: Should be from Andrea R. to Nancy.

Andrea R. on 10/24/01 at 09:30 (063530)

Sorry for the mix up.