Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF and hamstrings Dr. Ed and Dr. Z?

Posted by Carmen H on 10/22/01 at 07:58 (063410)

I am wondering if there could be a possible link between Hamstring and any of the foot tendons? Kind of confusing but what I am curious about is if there is a symptom of hamstring tendinitis bilaterally is there a possibility of Posterior Tibial Tendinitis (is that correct?)?
I am putting the pieces of a very confusing and difficult puzzle nad the doctors are clueless at this point. Before I go through ANY more serious tests (painful and costly) I am trying to get some help whereever I can.
Thanks soo much!

Re: PF and hamstrings Dr. Ed and Dr. Z?

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/22/01 at 15:20 (063423)

Plantar fasciitis is often related to tight calf muscles. People with tight calf muscles often have tight hamstrings.
Ed

Sandy H on 10/27/01 at 00:58 (063670)

I once fell and strained my hamstring in the same leg that I have PF the worst in and it still hurts every now and again...especially since I started doing a lot of cycling after having to stop running. Now I stopped cycling too. Aside from stretching and doing hamstring curls any advice on getting the whole leg better? Of course I have back pain too and the whole thing is worst after standing up at the end of 10 hours at a computer terminal. Perhaps I should do more gentle walking every day. Can the cause of the whole thing be sitting too long?

Re: Sandy

Carmen H on 10/30/01 at 12:11 (063829)

Hi Sandy~

I am thinking along those linese too....I never had a single physical problem until I started computer work for a living...sitting all day.
Now I get up every ten to fifteen minutes and walk for a second just to get the blood moving..

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/22/01 at 15:20 (063423)

Plantar fasciitis is often related to tight calf muscles. People with tight calf muscles often have tight hamstrings.
Ed

Sandy H on 10/27/01 at 00:58 (063670)

I once fell and strained my hamstring in the same leg that I have PF the worst in and it still hurts every now and again...especially since I started doing a lot of cycling after having to stop running. Now I stopped cycling too. Aside from stretching and doing hamstring curls any advice on getting the whole leg better? Of course I have back pain too and the whole thing is worst after standing up at the end of 10 hours at a computer terminal. Perhaps I should do more gentle walking every day. Can the cause of the whole thing be sitting too long?

Re: Sandy

Carmen H on 10/30/01 at 12:11 (063829)

Hi Sandy~

I am thinking along those linese too....I never had a single physical problem until I started computer work for a living...sitting all day.
Now I get up every ten to fifteen minutes and walk for a second just to get the blood moving..