Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hiking boots

Posted by Gail P on 10/22/01 at 16:59 (063430)

I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot and is sometimes painful. I got a pair of Nike Shox and they work great! Now I am looking for some hiking boots (gortex lined) that will also have excellent shock-absorbancy in the heel. Any Suggestions?

Re: Hiking boots

Andrea R. on 10/23/01 at 11:31 (063455)

Gail,

Check out Timberlands. I have some low ones that I've used throughout my battle with PF. The innersoles are removable so you can put in your own orthotics or other inserts. Combined with Thorlo socks they are quite comfortable.

These are not the old 'yellow boots' that they have been famous for. A little over 5 years ago they finally hired a shoe designer (who I know) who understood how the foot actually works and came out with hikers that work. He decided there was a need for boots/shoes that could be used for hiking, trail running, mountain biking, etc. without having to own multiple pairs of shoes.

Andrea

Re: Hiking boots

Andrea R. on 10/23/01 at 11:31 (063455)

Gail,

Check out Timberlands. I have some low ones that I've used throughout my battle with PF. The innersoles are removable so you can put in your own orthotics or other inserts. Combined with Thorlo socks they are quite comfortable.

These are not the old 'yellow boots' that they have been famous for. A little over 5 years ago they finally hired a shoe designer (who I know) who understood how the foot actually works and came out with hikers that work. He decided there was a need for boots/shoes that could be used for hiking, trail running, mountain biking, etc. without having to own multiple pairs of shoes.

Andrea