Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

12 weeks post op and unusual swelling

Posted by Pat B on 10/23/01 at 20:01 (063497)

My foot had TTS surgery about 12 weeks ago. I am having more pain as the days go by. My foot is almost 100% back to where it was prior to the surgery. I am now getting some unusual swelling. I have always had swelling daily (24/7) but now it feels like soft clay. When I push on it, the fingerprint stays there for about 2 minutes. It is quite strange. Anyone know what is happening. I know there is no infection because it looks good except for the putty looking swelling. No redness or burning infection type pain. Any docs know what is up or anyone else?

Re: 12 weeks post op and unusual swelling

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/23/01 at 20:33 (063505)

It is an indication that you are on the foot too much. Is this in one foot or both? IS there a reduction in the orginal foot and or ankle pain?. I would have your doctor take a look . Is there swelling in the leg

Swelling is a part of healing but you need to have this evaluated to make sure the swelling isn't a DVT ( clots)

Re: 12 weeks post op and unusual swelling

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/23/01 at 20:33 (063505)

It is an indication that you are on the foot too much. Is this in one foot or both? IS there a reduction in the orginal foot and or ankle pain?. I would have your doctor take a look . Is there swelling in the leg

Swelling is a part of healing but you need to have this evaluated to make sure the swelling isn't a DVT ( clots)