Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

skin that is peeling on toes

Posted by lulu s on 10/23/01 at 21:16 (063509)

my son has skin that is peeling on the bases of all his toes. we checked it out at the doctors and he said it is not a fungal infection. my son says it is not itchy either. we are putting creams on it to lubricate it but it doesn't appear to be working that well. he is a competitive swimmer and is in the pool quite a bit. could it be a sensitivity to chlorine? he's been in other pools and not had this sort of reaction. the skin is also peeling on his fingertips as well! any suggestions would be appreciated

Re: skin that is peeling on toes

Andrea R. on 10/24/01 at 07:10 (063524)

Lulu,

I'm not a doc but have a few suggestions. Try pure lanolin, vitamin E oil, and Jojoba oil. These have all helped me when I get peeling on my fingertips. Mine is stress related. Lanolin is cheapest and available at drug stores although you might have to ask for it. It's often with the first aid supplies.

Has he seen a dermotologist?

Andrea

Re: skin that is peeling on toes

Andrea R. on 10/24/01 at 07:10 (063524)

Lulu,

I'm not a doc but have a few suggestions. Try pure lanolin, vitamin E oil, and Jojoba oil. These have all helped me when I get peeling on my fingertips. Mine is stress related. Lanolin is cheapest and available at drug stores although you might have to ask for it. It's often with the first aid supplies.

Has he seen a dermotologist?

Andrea