Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nerve Bi-Pass & Update

Posted by Terry M on 10/23/01 at 22:08 (063511)

It has been a while since I posted any messages, and I thought I would
give a quick update, as well as pass some information on that some of you
seemed interested in on Nerve Bi-pass.
I had my surgury nearly four weeks ago, I am walking on it without needing a lot of support from crutches or cane. I have had little pain, and my
doctor seems to beleive that the surgury is a complete sucess. I have a
few moments of burning pain in the heel, but nothing like it was before the surgury. I am back to work part-time (3-4 days, 7-8hrs ea day). So far
doing good.
I sent out a message last week about Nerve Bi-Pass and had several responses wanting more information. Here's what I know: This procedure was performed on a pt with TTS in both feet that had surgury in Sept 2000 with
little or no sucess. He was referred to Dr. A. Lee Dillon of Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore Md. in Sept 2001. They performed a TTS release AND Nerve Bi-Pass. After the surgury, the pt left walking on
his feet with crutch support, but was told NOT TO STAY OFF IT. It was
very encouraged for him to continue walking and putting some weight on
the leg for proper healing. This dr believes that is often where the mistake is made with TTS release in not encouraging the pts to walk on the foot.
My father had went to Union Memorial Hosp after four surguries for Carpel
Tunnel in both arms and hands failed. That dr came up with a new procedure that had never been tried before, and to this day, my dad has had no further trouble in his hand. These drs do know what they are doing, and
may be open to tring new procedures if it will help their pts.
Well, I got to go, Hope that everyone is getting around okay. Talk to
later TM

Re: Nerve Bi-Pass & Update

Tana on 10/29/01 at 17:37 (063771)

Terry, glad to hear you had a complete success. who did your surgery? keep us updated on how you get along and also on how your friend who had the nerve-bypass. lots of luck and keep in touch.

Re: Nerve Bi-Pass & Update

Tana on 10/29/01 at 17:37 (063771)

Terry, glad to hear you had a complete success. who did your surgery? keep us updated on how you get along and also on how your friend who had the nerve-bypass. lots of luck and keep in touch.