Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT success rate in stubborn PF cases

Posted by Linh S. on 10/24/01 at 13:44 (063546)

I have read about the overall ESWT success rate, but what is the success rate among patients who have had PF for a long time (over 3 years) and have tried all other treatments? It seems clear that the longer you've had PF, the less likely you are going to respond to any treatment including ESWT, but -- having had PF for 8 years -- I need some hard numbers before investing my hard-earned cash.
Also, is ESWT okay for pregnant women?
THANKS!

Re: ESWT success rate in stubborn PF cases

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/24/01 at 17:38 (063563)

Actually the literature is just the opposite . The longer you have the problem in years the better the results. Why: The conclusion was the the sound waves absorb better in chronic condition which have more scar tissue.

If you would like additional information on our ESWT program feel free to
e-mail DR. Z at footcare@home.com . We have done alot of long term chronic case . Be very happy to send you the literature that I just quoted from.
footcare@home.com

Barbara TX on 10/24/01 at 22:01 (063573)

ESWT is not okay for moms expecting babies at this time. We had one mom report back who had a zap very early in a pregnancy (she didn't know that she was pregnant) and reports the baby to be in perfect health.

Dr. Z can explain more about why it is contraindicated - he probably just missed the last part of your question. Best of luck, B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/24/01 at 22:16 (063580)

Better to avoid ESWT in mom's that are expecting. There just isn't any known information as to the effects of sounds waves on the new baby inside of you.

john h on 10/26/01 at 12:10 (063626)

this is out of my range of experience but it seems to me the hardest thing will be to deal with a baby while having PF. I still do not know how you ladies with PF deal with that and small children at the same time.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/24/01 at 17:38 (063563)

Actually the literature is just the opposite . The longer you have the problem in years the better the results. Why: The conclusion was the the sound waves absorb better in chronic condition which have more scar tissue.

If you would like additional information on our ESWT program feel free to
e-mail DR. Z at footcare@home.com . We have done alot of long term chronic case . Be very happy to send you the literature that I just quoted from.
footcare@home.com

Barbara TX on 10/24/01 at 22:01 (063573)

ESWT is not okay for moms expecting babies at this time. We had one mom report back who had a zap very early in a pregnancy (she didn't know that she was pregnant) and reports the baby to be in perfect health.

Dr. Z can explain more about why it is contraindicated - he probably just missed the last part of your question. Best of luck, B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/24/01 at 22:16 (063580)

Better to avoid ESWT in mom's that are expecting. There just isn't any known information as to the effects of sounds waves on the new baby inside of you.

john h on 10/26/01 at 12:10 (063626)

this is out of my range of experience but it seems to me the hardest thing will be to deal with a baby while having PF. I still do not know how you ladies with PF deal with that and small children at the same time.