Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Interesting Socks

Posted by Andrea R. on 10/25/01 at 08:54 (063592)

I went to Walmart last evening and checked out their socks while I was there.

They had various patterns including: Disney and Harry Potter. You really have to look for them since they're on end caps and free standing displays.

They also had 'Sweater socks' which look like someone hand knitted them with patterns. They also had one with individual toes in various stripes and colors.

The sweater socks look like they'd look great with a pair of Birkenstock. I'm not sure how comfortable they are but maybe a pair of light socks underneath would work.

Happy Sox hunting to all.

Andrea

Re: Interesting Socks

Valerie S on 10/25/01 at 14:20 (063599)

I found some socks at Walmart that I really like. They aren't as fashionable as Harry Potter or anything, but they have extra elastic in the arch area. They give great support, and I think they come in white or black. They were reasonably priced, and I really like them.

Check 'em out...

Val.

Re: Your moving days & socks heheh

Tammie on 10/26/01 at 07:42 (063611)

Val. it was good to hear you are settled in. I wondered how the move was going.I bet you are very happy it is all done and you may rest now! I remember when hubby was in service oh how I would hate to hear transfer,in begining we had to do our own moving think of us in this little nova car with all of our treasured belongings packed inside of it, on top of our laps and any wear we could squeeze it in. I look back now and then and chuckle wondering how on earth we managed it and it always seemed like it was a quick thing with not alot of notice. Now mind u some bigger boxes would be packed and would come on one of the military planes, when or whenever they got it there lol and what shape they would arrive well that was a interesting thought also heheh! Good thing we were very young and did not really have all that much . But still as a woman you know clothes alone lol took most of space in car and gee I would not hear of having MY clothes sent in boxes by plane when they chose lol lol.
So I kinda remember how moving feels.

I enjoyed the old memories that your moving day stirred up, although at this time of my life I would hate to even think of a move with almost 20 yrs of acumilated junk hehehe it would take forever! So I am very happy you are settled and enjoying the time to heal thy feet!!!!!!

I think I bought those socks also, 2 to a pack and about 5.00 ? They have a light arch support and that cool max in them? They seem to be very nice I was impressed , as they are not quite as tight as a support knee highs which I had tried . I have been wearing them to work in my NB shoes makes my good foot feel nice with a bit of extra support! The bad foot however just hates anything I try for it especially shoes or anything tight around the ankle area. But I do like the support in the under foot.Feet are or should be golden!!!! They sure want to be treated as tho they are royalty! I would like to dethrone mine lol. Much hugs to u my friend I have missed u!

JudyS on 10/26/01 at 10:26 (063617)

I think we should all go to Walmart this weekend and buy the identical pair of 'cute' sox.....any recommendations from someone who's already spotted some?

john h on 10/26/01 at 12:00 (063624)

yes judy: Razorback socks are definitely the biggest seller at wallmart here in Little Rock.

Suzanne D on 10/26/01 at 15:19 (063644)

I'm enjoying all the interesting information about socks! Now that the weather is cooler here, socks are a nice item to shop for!

Yesterday was 'Crazy Socks Day' at school to help the kids remember to 'sock it to drugs' as part of the Say NO to Drugs Week. I wore a bright orange pair with little green and purple monsters which the kids really liked. With my Arizonas, the socks were certainly visible! Today I wore the spider web socks, and one of my little girls said, 'I thought yesterday was 'Crazy Sock Day'! I think this winter EVERY day will be that for me! :-)

I did buy a pair of Thurlo socks which John H. recommended in a post once, and they have the extra support around the arch area. They are comfortable and warm. I bought my 'son-in-law to be' a pair as he is an All-American cross-country runner. I tell him to take good care of his feet!

Happy socks hunting!

Valerie S on 10/25/01 at 14:20 (063599)

I found some socks at Walmart that I really like. They aren't as fashionable as Harry Potter or anything, but they have extra elastic in the arch area. They give great support, and I think they come in white or black. They were reasonably priced, and I really like them.

Check 'em out...

Val.

Re: Your moving days & socks heheh

Tammie on 10/26/01 at 07:42 (063611)

Val. it was good to hear you are settled in. I wondered how the move was going.I bet you are very happy it is all done and you may rest now! I remember when hubby was in service oh how I would hate to hear transfer,in begining we had to do our own moving think of us in this little nova car with all of our treasured belongings packed inside of it, on top of our laps and any wear we could squeeze it in. I look back now and then and chuckle wondering how on earth we managed it and it always seemed like it was a quick thing with not alot of notice. Now mind u some bigger boxes would be packed and would come on one of the military planes, when or whenever they got it there lol and what shape they would arrive well that was a interesting thought also heheh! Good thing we were very young and did not really have all that much . But still as a woman you know clothes alone lol took most of space in car and gee I would not hear of having MY clothes sent in boxes by plane when they chose lol lol.
So I kinda remember how moving feels.

I enjoyed the old memories that your moving day stirred up, although at this time of my life I would hate to even think of a move with almost 20 yrs of acumilated junk hehehe it would take forever! So I am very happy you are settled and enjoying the time to heal thy feet!!!!!!

I think I bought those socks also, 2 to a pack and about 5.00 ? They have a light arch support and that cool max in them? They seem to be very nice I was impressed , as they are not quite as tight as a support knee highs which I had tried . I have been wearing them to work in my NB shoes makes my good foot feel nice with a bit of extra support! The bad foot however just hates anything I try for it especially shoes or anything tight around the ankle area. But I do like the support in the under foot.Feet are or should be golden!!!! They sure want to be treated as tho they are royalty! I would like to dethrone mine lol. Much hugs to u my friend I have missed u!

JudyS on 10/26/01 at 10:26 (063617)

I think we should all go to Walmart this weekend and buy the identical pair of 'cute' sox.....any recommendations from someone who's already spotted some?

john h on 10/26/01 at 12:00 (063624)

yes judy: Razorback socks are definitely the biggest seller at wallmart here in Little Rock.

Suzanne D on 10/26/01 at 15:19 (063644)

I'm enjoying all the interesting information about socks! Now that the weather is cooler here, socks are a nice item to shop for!

Yesterday was 'Crazy Socks Day' at school to help the kids remember to 'sock it to drugs' as part of the Say NO to Drugs Week. I wore a bright orange pair with little green and purple monsters which the kids really liked. With my Arizonas, the socks were certainly visible! Today I wore the spider web socks, and one of my little girls said, 'I thought yesterday was 'Crazy Sock Day'! I think this winter EVERY day will be that for me! :-)

I did buy a pair of Thurlo socks which John H. recommended in a post once, and they have the extra support around the arch area. They are comfortable and warm. I bought my 'son-in-law to be' a pair as he is an All-American cross-country runner. I tell him to take good care of his feet!

Happy socks hunting!