Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

You all must try Tumeric!!!!

Posted by Linda C on 10/26/01 at 10:57 (063619)

Hi all, I feel compelled to share this with you.
I happened to catch the last half of an interview with Dr. Gary Null on one of my local radio stations. He was expounding on the virtues of Curcumin a compound found in Tumeric. He had many wonderful things to say about this herb. One of his suggested uses was as an ant inflammatory. I stopped by my Whole Foods store and picked up a bottle of tumeric extract in tablet form. Dr. Null's recommendation was for 1,000 mg, not sure if it was a daily dose, or single dose. I've been taking roughly 1,000 mg 3x daily since Tuesday evening and am happy to report that my PF pain level has gone from a usual 8-9 to a 1. It's astounding...which could turn out to be a placebo effect... but here's hoping that it's not.
I urge any and all of you to try this for yourselves. It's cheap, natural and certainly can do no harm.
Please report back to the board if you try Tumeric and what your experience is with it.

Re: You all must try Tumeric!!!!

josh s on 10/26/01 at 13:05 (063635)

Another natural product to try is Wobenzym N from Germany. It's a formula of enzymes that reduce inflamation and are necessary for tissue repair. I was told that it is used as commonly as NSAID's by German physicians for any inflamatory condition. And unlike NSAID's, it not only does not lead to long term tissue compromise but actually fascilitates regeneration.

I've used it several times with good pain relief response. Unfortunately it's expensive and the therapeautic dose is 10-12 tabs a day which puts a monthly supply at about 50 bucks. I can't afford that so only use it for pain flare-ups. Rich folks- give it a try.

Re: You all must try Tumeric!!!!

josh s on 10/26/01 at 13:05 (063635)

Another natural product to try is Wobenzym N from Germany. It's a formula of enzymes that reduce inflamation and are necessary for tissue repair. I was told that it is used as commonly as NSAID's by German physicians for any inflamatory condition. And unlike NSAID's, it not only does not lead to long term tissue compromise but actually fascilitates regeneration.

I've used it several times with good pain relief response. Unfortunately it's expensive and the therapeautic dose is 10-12 tabs a day which puts a monthly supply at about 50 bucks. I can't afford that so only use it for pain flare-ups. Rich folks- give it a try.