Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

another exercise equipment question

Posted by ellen w on 10/26/01 at 12:40 (063631)

Has anyone tried a rebounder (one of those little mini trampolines) for exercise? I've been doing balance exercises on one at my physical therapist's office, and my pt told me that she recommends them for exercise. (I'm at a stage where I've significantly healed; just some slight pulling/resistance at the insertion point and occasional stiffness). I've found that in addition to balancing one leg at a time, rocking back and forth, heel to toe feels really good. Haven't yet tried actually jumping so that my feet leave the surface of the trampoline. Dr. Davis, Dr. Zuckerman, do you have any perspectives on these?

Re: another exercise equipment question

Julie on 11/01/01 at 09:34 (063927)

Ellen, I had a rebounder several years ago, and loved it. I had to give it away when we realized that my enthusiastic rebounding was shaking our very old house to bits, but it would surely be ok in an apartment. It's marvellous very-low-impact aerobic exercise, and gives a great feeling of freedom. I'm sure you'd enjoy it. Be careful at first: no high jumps, which might give you trouble on landing.

Re: another exercise equipment question

Julie on 11/01/01 at 09:34 (063927)

Ellen, I had a rebounder several years ago, and loved it. I had to give it away when we realized that my enthusiastic rebounding was shaking our very old house to bits, but it would surely be ok in an apartment. It's marvellous very-low-impact aerobic exercise, and gives a great feeling of freedom. I'm sure you'd enjoy it. Be careful at first: no high jumps, which might give you trouble on landing.