Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I give up, will go for another shot

Posted by Darlene on 10/27/01 at 22:48 (063696)

Pain has been horrible today. Thank goodness this is my weekend off. I go back to the ortho. surgeon on Tues. I can't go on like this. This pain is awful. It has been months since I have been free of pain.
How many cortisone shots are considered excessive?

Re: I give up, will go for another shot

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/27/01 at 23:58 (063704)

hi

Sorry to hear that you are in such pain. The average shouldn't exceed two
If the heel pain hasn't improved at all with one then further evalation is in order. IF you have had this problem for some time that ESWT is an option that needs to be discussed. This is a non-invasive , non surgical
procedure that is used instead of foot surgery for heel spur pain

Re: Thanks Carmen and Dr. Zuckerman

Darlene on 10/30/01 at 22:26 (063857)

My Ortho said it was the tendinitis again in my right outer ankle. I had some swelling there again, too. He did give me a shot (and the shot didn't hurt) and blessed pain relief. My GP didn't send my test results to him- the panel where they tested me for rheumatoid arthritis, gout, etc. They just sent a note saying the test results were negative. My ortho said he would request a copy of the actual tests so he can see for himself, might do another panel. He seems to think something else is going on with my foot. I'm not currently having much PF pain but the ankle was making me think I was. Honestly, it hurt so bad, I couldn't figure out where the pain was coming from! In September it was the same way. At least he takes me seriously when I say I am in pain.
Next month we will discuss test results and physical therapy, and some other options??

Re: I give up, will go for another shot

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/27/01 at 23:58 (063704)

hi

Sorry to hear that you are in such pain. The average shouldn't exceed two
If the heel pain hasn't improved at all with one then further evalation is in order. IF you have had this problem for some time that ESWT is an option that needs to be discussed. This is a non-invasive , non surgical
procedure that is used instead of foot surgery for heel spur pain

Re: Thanks Carmen and Dr. Zuckerman

Darlene on 10/30/01 at 22:26 (063857)

My Ortho said it was the tendinitis again in my right outer ankle. I had some swelling there again, too. He did give me a shot (and the shot didn't hurt) and blessed pain relief. My GP didn't send my test results to him- the panel where they tested me for rheumatoid arthritis, gout, etc. They just sent a note saying the test results were negative. My ortho said he would request a copy of the actual tests so he can see for himself, might do another panel. He seems to think something else is going on with my foot. I'm not currently having much PF pain but the ankle was making me think I was. Honestly, it hurt so bad, I couldn't figure out where the pain was coming from! In September it was the same way. At least he takes me seriously when I say I am in pain.
Next month we will discuss test results and physical therapy, and some other options??