Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

beverly, are you around?

Posted by nancy s. on 10/27/01 at 23:31 (063699)

beverly, i just posted on the shoes etc. board asking about the Birkenstock tatami trekking sandals called sonoma. then i did a search of this site for sonomas, and found nothing except . . . a conversation between you and me in june/july 2000 about how we'd LIKE to try them!
did you ever try them? i'm about to order a pair unless someone really discourages me.

the reason i put this extra post to you on the social board is that you've been on my mind lately anyway, and i've been wondering how you're doing. how's the pf and the tendonitises? how is your relatively new life back in the city? i remember you were considering an apartment near train tracks and were worried about the sound of trains. i was envious and was all for it, although you ended up someplace else.
we're moving next week and will have train tracks a block from the house. i'm too excited!
i hope you're well and experiencing the gradual improvement that we non-quick recoverers must hope for.
nancy

Re: beverly, are you around?

Beverly on 10/29/01 at 11:13 (063756)

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking about me. I have not posted much lately, because I have not had anything new to say. To some extent, I think I have 'foot pain burnout.' Ha! Ha! Trying not to focus so much on the topic.

Here's an update:

1. On the Birkenstock no I didn't ever try them, because a number of months ago, I developed achilles tendonitis. The Birkenstock irritated the problem. It was at that point that I switched to orthodics. Yep, I gave them one last try, and finally found someone who made a agreeable pair for me. That was early this summer. They are soft orthodics. I have a full length set and a 3/4 length set (for different types of shoes). They have helped my post tibial tendonitis alot, helped the PF about as much as Birkenstock did which was somewhat, and along with wearing shoes with at least a one inch heel, helped the achilles tendonitis a little bit. I guess the AT is my worst problem now. But it is also the newest.

2. I think my mental attitude has changed more than my body. I just don't get as down about what I can't do as I used to. I see myself as a windup toy and when I'm 'ticked out' it is time to stop. I guess I've just learned to accept it better and do what I can do. One big accomplishment is being able to drive more without being problematic. I'm very grateful for that.

3. I don't mind the train at all. Just got used to the sound.

4. I like being back home. Thanks for asking. Getting to see my 80 dad every week has been worth the move home.

How are you doing?
Take care,
Beverly

Re: beverly, are you around?

Beverly on 10/29/01 at 11:13 (063756)

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for asking about me. I have not posted much lately, because I have not had anything new to say. To some extent, I think I have 'foot pain burnout.' Ha! Ha! Trying not to focus so much on the topic.

Here's an update:

1. On the Birkenstock no I didn't ever try them, because a number of months ago, I developed achilles tendonitis. The Birkenstock irritated the problem. It was at that point that I switched to orthodics. Yep, I gave them one last try, and finally found someone who made a agreeable pair for me. That was early this summer. They are soft orthodics. I have a full length set and a 3/4 length set (for different types of shoes). They have helped my post tibial tendonitis alot, helped the PF about as much as Birkenstock did which was somewhat, and along with wearing shoes with at least a one inch heel, helped the achilles tendonitis a little bit. I guess the AT is my worst problem now. But it is also the newest.

2. I think my mental attitude has changed more than my body. I just don't get as down about what I can't do as I used to. I see myself as a windup toy and when I'm 'ticked out' it is time to stop. I guess I've just learned to accept it better and do what I can do. One big accomplishment is being able to drive more without being problematic. I'm very grateful for that.

3. I don't mind the train at all. Just got used to the sound.

4. I like being back home. Thanks for asking. Getting to see my 80 dad every week has been worth the move home.

How are you doing?
Take care,
Beverly