Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Amie P.

Posted by Kim M on 10/29/01 at 08:48 (063749)

How are you doing since your sugery? I had sugery Friday October 12th. I was walking by Sunday nite. I didn,t take any of the pain pills at all. I had EPF. I would take that sugery any day compared to the old way. I had It done the old way October 1st. Of 1999. I couldn't walk for three weeks. Even after that I was still In alot of pain.It was like the sugery from hell. But I still didn't regret getting it done. Because it took all of my pain away. Then the right foot started a year later. I went to a different doctor, Because my doctor didn't do EPF. I'm so glad I did it this way this time. There is hardly no pain at all. I hope you are feeling the same way now. And I hope both our sugeries work.
Kim

Re: To Amie P.

Ami P. on 11/15/01 at 10:03 (064819)

Well, I'm back among the living I guess. I had the extensive surgery and ended up having some nerve problems that weren't detected beforehand through the test I had. I had a feeling about that anyway.

My doctor was extremely sensitive to the pain issue and took care of me very well. I had no extensive post-op pain. In fact, with the nerve block, I had no feeling in the foot for two days.

My recovery is going well. My doc says I'm ahead of the where he thought I would be. He's happy. I just have to continue to remember that I opted for this surgery and I know the recovery is going to be slow. My main problem that I have is that this boot matches nothing! I did return to work after 2 weeks and right now, I'm taking ibuprofen for the pain and that's controlling it. Overall, I'm pleased. I'm not pain free, and I have some weird pain from time to time, but I feel in the long run, I'll be happy that I did this. I was out of choices. I was expecting the worst case scenerio and I am pleasantly surprised with most of my recuperation. I just have to not be anxious.

How are you doing now?

Re: To Amie P.

Ami P. on 11/15/01 at 10:03 (064819)

Well, I'm back among the living I guess. I had the extensive surgery and ended up having some nerve problems that weren't detected beforehand through the test I had. I had a feeling about that anyway.

My doctor was extremely sensitive to the pain issue and took care of me very well. I had no extensive post-op pain. In fact, with the nerve block, I had no feeling in the foot for two days.

My recovery is going well. My doc says I'm ahead of the where he thought I would be. He's happy. I just have to continue to remember that I opted for this surgery and I know the recovery is going to be slow. My main problem that I have is that this boot matches nothing! I did return to work after 2 weeks and right now, I'm taking ibuprofen for the pain and that's controlling it. Overall, I'm pleased. I'm not pain free, and I have some weird pain from time to time, but I feel in the long run, I'll be happy that I did this. I was out of choices. I was expecting the worst case scenerio and I am pleasantly surprised with most of my recuperation. I just have to not be anxious.

How are you doing now?