Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Where is everyone??????

Posted by Laurie R on 10/29/01 at 15:55 (063769)

Hi to all , I was just wondering where everyone has been ?? I hope the reason people are not here to much anymore is , they are feeling better and not home like me on a computer.

Just wondering . I don't post a lot , but I do read the BB's everyday .

For me I am still dealing with PF, TTS, tenosynivitis , and now RSD/CRPS . I had my first lumbar sympathetic nerve block last Thursday . I was really sore for a few days , but my back is doing much better. My two doctors are trying to get the RSD under control before surgery to fix my foot.

The nerve block was not that bad. Now wheather it worked or not ,I really won't know till I see my PM doctor in a week and a half. I am so glad I went back and gave him a second chance . He is turning out to be a wonderful doctor. As you can remember I did not care for him the first time I saw him . The phone???????

My foot is still in the same amount of pain .

My best to all of you ....

Laurie R

Re: Good question!

Steve P on 10/29/01 at 18:36 (063773)

Hi Laurie -- Yeah, It's been quiet on the board the past week or so. I know that a couple of regulars are giving their 'computer wrists' a rest.

It looks as though you have a good plan under way. Good doctors are so important, as we all know. But so is a good comprehensive plan. Hang in there.....I know you will get there, even though this is turning out to be a LOT longer trip than you ever thought.

As for me, I'm in the 12 week period between ESWT treatments. Just before Christmas I'll be back to Dr. Z for more zaps in his Winnebago ('The Winnie' as Judy S calls it).

It was the Night before Christmas & in Dr. Z's House....
A podiatrist was stirring, using keyboard & mouse.
The stockings were hung by the Orbasone with care....
In hopes that more spark plugs would be FedEx'd by air.

;-)

Tammie on 10/29/01 at 18:57 (063774)

Oh that is so good he should use it as a greeting card Steve!!!! I had a good chuckle! Take care and hugs to u we are still here lurking when we can get the strength up! Seems so very quiet thease days. Hope all are out jogging or at least walking thru the last of the fall days.

Re: Where is everyone??????

Tammie on 10/29/01 at 19:03 (063775)

Laurie,
You are always in my thoughts and prayers hoping that soon you will find the answers for your sore feet. I always remember u in my prayers. Take care and hope that u have some good days real soon! If and when I should ever meet u I would love to take a nice walk and just enjoy the things u have missed for such a long time. In my dreams we are in a big shopping mall lol and feet well no we dont even think of those as we are running around filling our arms with all sorts of bags lol! C where my thoughts are, shoppinggggggggggggggggg.And wonders no feet problems and by judging all the bags I guess no money worries either lol lol ! Take care friend and keep the smile and the heart light! Hugsssssssss

Re: Re:DREAMS ARE SO WONDERFUL ......

Laurie R on 10/29/01 at 19:24 (063776)

Dear Tammie , I am there with ya ..... I love to dream , I do it a lot . Shopping , what fun we would have ..I am sure we can use a few new things .

Now my dream would be ,of course after we go shopping . We could go to the beach and take a long walk in the sand. Pick up shells along the way , we can't keep them because the beach is their home ,but we still can hold them for a while until the loooooooooooooooooooooong walk was over.

That is really a dream of mine , just to take a walk , it does not even have to be on the beach ,but if we are dreaming I would like the beach better.

Yesterday my sis came over and we have a dallor store aobut two blocks away . She took my oldest with her and looks at me and says , I know you can't walk that far so we will see ya .... I was like , you got that right ...

You never know what you miss until you can't do it anymore.

No one can ever take our dreams from us ,they are ours to keep , nor can anyone take our hope away .

People we can pick up along the way to walk with us Tammie and our shopping trip.
Nancy S
Nancy N
Judy
Wendyn
Val
Paula
Uncle Steve
Brian

You get the picture , but I have one specail person in mind that I know would love to come and that would be my dear frind , Janet .......

Please everyone feel free to add to the list..

My very best to all , Laurie R

linda A on 10/29/01 at 19:49 (063780)

girl ; yesterday my little brother ask me where i got one of my winter shirts . i said at the ' value city ' . do you have one of those laurie ? well he thought i paid a expensive an amount for it . i paid 5 $ . i am very thrifty . i love good buys . and i love the dollar store , dollar tree , Big lots , and wally - world ( wal-mart ) . i only go to dillards or somewhere expensive if they are truly having one of those clearance sales at the end of the year usually 75 % off ( always buy neices & nephews clothes bigger sizes for next year ( take a 20 $ pants ---- 4 $ ) . love good buys . i don't have any kids . so, could i come along on your shopping trip . oh , when i am manic you are going to have to watch my binge spending . ha ha ha !!!! how is your husband doing on his new job ?

Laurie R on 10/29/01 at 20:37 (063789)

Of course you can come Linda , you know it ..... I love the cheap stores too. The thing is when ever i am in one I have to leave due to , well you know my foot ... The dallor tree is the one that is only two blocks from me ...

Hubby job story , he quit two of them , then he was off for over two weeks now he has been back at his old job for one week ... He is a lot happier and so am I . Boy the last month has been so up and down .

I forgot to add for our dream walk and shopping , Maureen , when she is all recoved from her surgery , and Julie . I don't want to leave anyone out . So how about everyone coming along for the shopping and the loooooooooooooooooong walk on the beach .Scott that means you too...

Laurie R

Suzanne D on 10/29/01 at 20:40 (063790)

I would like to come along, too! Then I would invite you down to my 'neck of the woods' for a walk along a trail through the woods near my house. We could also go across our old iron bridge which now has a huge American flag affixed to it. Before Christmas, we all gather down by the river to countdown 10, 9, 8...for the lighting of the snowmen, Santa, etc. on the bridge followed by cookies and hot chocolate. Y'all come on down! :-)

Laurie R on 10/29/01 at 21:48 (063794)

How wonderful Suzanne , Count me in , so we have shopping with Tammie , the loooooooooooong walk on the beach with me and the walk along the trail through the woods near your house. Then cookies and hot coco on the bridge ... Wow this is getting to be so fun....

Laurie R on 10/29/01 at 21:52 (063795)

To add on , We most definitly have to go to TX to pick up Necee . I know she would love to go with us ... Now Necee let us know what we are going to do in TX , then we can stop by Barbara's and meet her wonderful children , now you folk's in TX I hope you know the way to Beverly's so we can pick her up along the way . Now you all need to tell us what we are going to do once we get to TX...... Laurie R

Something fun ladies , remember we are dreaming here so anything counts....

Laurie R

wendyn on 10/29/01 at 22:31 (063798)

I am falling asleep on my keyboard.

I have had one day off in...I don't know - 15 or 20 or something like that - I am too tired to count.

We implemented our system over this past weekend and 'went live' today. Yippe....yawn. The culmination of about a years work and several million dollars.

I worked just over 14 hours yesterday.

I am still here.

I still have feet - I suppose they hurt if I have the time and energy to think about them.

My new shoes are doing well.

I can even walk in them without looking like I'm a little kid walking in their mommy's shoes.

Good night....zzzzzz....

Re: Michigan Sand Dune Dash

Valerie S on 10/30/01 at 08:31 (063808)

Hello friends...

I don't say much anymore either. Still moving and unpacking while trying to keep my sanity.

Stop up here in northern Michigan... I live very close to Sleeping Bear Dunes. You can walk up the huge sand dune and look over the edge at beautiful Lake Michigan and all the dunes. (I think the western shore of Michigan has one of the largest collections of white sand in the country... I fell asleep during the filmstrip at the nature center...) But anyways, you climb up the dune, look around, catch your breath, and then you RUN LIKE HECK back down the side. They actually let you do this! I did it when I was a kid. Dunes are somewhat protected now, because of some serious erosion that has taken place, but they just keep moving the parking lot back (kidding... hee hee).

The legend of the Sleeping Bear Dunes... come on up and let me show you our white sands -- Lake Michigan is the greatest of the Great Lakes. Fresh water, but it has the vastness of the sea, since you can see only lake, and the waves were up to 18 feet just a few days ago... Up here, the water temp only gets down to 40 in the winter, so we can enjoy the sound of the surf anytime.

The best of all worlds here in Michigan... Lakes and trees and skiing and hunting and boating. And we all live in log cabins. ;)

Come and see... we can go on a great hike here!

Val.

john h on 10/30/01 at 08:41 (063810)

Laurie: I am still alive and well in Little Rock. Feet are doing ok but I am not 'cured'. I think WTC and anthrax has a lot of peoples minds thinking about other things. I know I have not been posting as much as I had been as I have been more busy at work, but alas me and PF are still among you.

john h on 10/30/01 at 08:47 (063812)

you ladies seem to have different dreams than me! after reading about your dreams i will surely not tell you mine.

Re: Observation

john h on 10/30/01 at 08:52 (063813)

it seems to me that about 90% of post are by the ladies. why is this? are me and steve wimps or something? dr z and dr ed are here to help and have a reasons to post. Scott, have you ever paid any attention as to the differential between ladies and men who post.

Re: Real Men

Valerie S on 10/30/01 at 08:59 (063814)

NO! You are not wimps!

hee hee.

Real men are the ones who aren't afraid to share their thoughts.

I'm so sure! hee hee.

I don't know what this board would be without you guys... and don't forget Brian. Imagine what might happen when things get a heated around here! MEOW!!! hee hee.

We need you. And you know it. You're here to save all these helpless females, and you love the compliments. Don't you like being surrounded by women who adore you?

hee hee.

Val.

john h on 10/30/01 at 09:36 (063816)

'women who adore you' 'need me'! i can go for that! as for 'helpless women' if i were to say that to baseball playing judy she would hit me across the head with her bat! nancy n would call me sexist!

JudyS on 10/30/01 at 09:53 (063817)

Hi Laurie - You know, you have a very nice habit of occasionally bringing some of we 'old timers' back to PF center and I'd like to say thanks for looking out for us!
I'm a bit like TexBev right now - not posting much because I just don't have anything significant to add anymore. I read pretty much every day. My wrists are a ton better and (knock on wood...) so are my feet! Consequently I'm using them more instead of taking time to sit at my computer.
Having said that, my to-do list includes some writing time because I very much want to describe, for my HMO Pods, my ESWT experience and what seems to be resulting improvement. Those guys just won't buy the ESWT idea so I'd like to sort of 'force' my experience on them and hopefully open their eyes a bit.
Still planning to come your way at Thanksgiving - unless I decide to go to my big sis' wedding in Michigan that weekend. Hope you guys will be around.

JudyS on 10/30/01 at 09:55 (063819)

The Tex's Bev and Barb......

Re: Re:DREAMS ARE SO WONDERFUL ...... Now I am thirsty from all the walking

Tammie on 10/30/01 at 14:57 (063835)

Gee, Now we will have to take a stop for something good to drink as like a friend here who went hiking with only a diet coke I believe, I to only brought one and I am totaly exausted from our shopping trip and our beach walk and our bridge and state crossings and well u get the message time to sit and relax and enjoy a nice cool drink or hot whatever the choice!

Gosh what fun this has been and what a journey it could really be! If you came here i would have to show u all the amish buggies lol and the er packages they tend to leave on the road phewwww. Lots of farmland, we do have a cheese factory that has been pretty well know (Middlefield Swiss cheese factory) I mean for amish land marks heheh.Then I know some really neet little craft shops and antique areas we could hit. Maybe get a buggy ride while we are at it.

Then we could have a nice piece of fresh baked amish bread lol yummmm they sure can cook and bake well just a piece of pure heaven. Then maybe a trip to the maple surup houses smells wonderful but u taste I prefer to just smell as I dont like sweet surup, or the candy. Then if it were summer time we could go to the Great Geauga county fair lol oh my what funnnn!!! Gosh I miss some of this, I really had forgotton how much u give up. Hugs to all I am tired from our journey now time for a nap heheeh!

Janet C on 10/30/01 at 15:21 (063836)

Oh My!!! I LOVE everyone's fantasies! Laurie, I 100% agree with you, there's nothing like taking a walk along a beautiful, sandy beach, and listening, and watching the crashing surf! It magically releases all my tensions and stresses! How I miss going there... and I only live about a ten minute drive away here in Southern Cal! [SIGH]

Nancy N on 10/30/01 at 16:31 (063837)

Would I?? I don't know if I would call you that, John--but I'd be right there with Judy and her baseball bat!! :)

Re: ***DREAMS***

Necee on 10/31/01 at 00:05 (063862)

I love to dream!! It's the great escape from the 'real world', where we can all make our thoughts and desires of life come true....if only for a little while.
So while we are dreaming......here's my journey and I want all of you to come along. Now I love my Texas but travels throughout this great nation have been some of my most memorable. But on this trip I'll take us through the Lonestar State......
Staying in a little cabin in the woods and building a bonfire we gaze at the stars and listen to the 'night sounds' as the cool gentle breeze sets in for the night. The soothing sounds of the Whipperwills serenade us till morning light. The next morning we gather at the rim of Palo Duro Canyon and enjoy a cowboy breakfast before heading off to see the rolling hills of South Texas. Of course for me a trip wouldn't be complete without stopping in all the little out of the way country towns and seeing what there antique shops had to offer. Picturesque towns like Wimberley, Comfort, Fredericksburg, and Bandera are some of my favorite places to escape to. There we can shop till the cows come home! You'll find everything from natural herbs to homemade soaps and fresh peach pie that will knock your socks off! Of course I'm on a diet and will have to pass. Heading for Kerrville we stop and wade in the Guadalupe River where the Cypress trees almost touch the sky.
Now I'm not much on big cities so we are going to bypass them on my journey, if you like skyscrapers, traffic and smog you won't find it in my dream, remember I'm a country girl! From the hill country we head down to the Gulf coast (so Laurie can walk along the beach), something I enjoy doing as well, just listening to the waves and the sea gulls has such a calming effect, I stayed at Port O'Connor once and spent most of my time on the deck of the beachhouse just sitting and watching the waves roll in. On our way back up through Texas we stop in Marble Falls to shop at Aunt Bees, simply because they were closed the last time I was through there, oh what a cute place! (Antiques, handmade quits, scented candles,you name it they have it there.) I window shopped and kept my face plastered to the glass for hours! There was just so much to see, things were hanging from the rafters, it was in a historical building and that was fascinating in itself.
We make our way up through Georgetown and then to Salado, having lunch at the Stagecoach Inn, (where there is no menu, the lunch specials change daily and are recited by the waitresses).
Heading through East Texas we frequent state parks along the way and see all the historical sites. Naccodoches Texas is an historical town with buildings made out of stone, walking the streets we hear sweet mandolins, violins and banjo music coming from the 'Old Time String Shop', walking inside the old building (with hardwood floors), we see several oldtimers sitting around a potbellied stove pickin and singin. Oh how they could play that Bluegrass!
We leave there and take the scenic narrow gauge train through the forest seeing wildlife along the way as we give our feet a rest!
I don't want my dream to end but I know that it must. I really love the mountains so I'm hoping one of you will take me along on your journey there.
My hope and prayer to all of you is that your hopes and dreams come true!
Happy Trails.......
Love
Necee

Richard, C.Ped on 10/31/01 at 11:54 (063876)

Still here too. Business is slowly but surely picking up. The baby is keeping me as well as mom busy. We have been added to the medical staff of the new hockey team...so that is taking up quite a bit of time.
Richard

Barbara TX on 10/31/01 at 14:51 (063881)

The question is, would you ENJOY getting hit with the bat? Then you are in another category entirely.

No matter who wallops you over the head, John, I will remain your devoted BarbaraTX.

Barbara TX on 10/31/01 at 14:56 (063882)

I am posting more infrequently too due to painful feet. I am not a big help to anyone... I may offer my advice, but I afraid that people might ask if I am better! When I get better I will blow up my computer with my words of wisdom.

So, Judy, do you think that you've had your last zap, or is it too early to tell? We are coming up on five weeks aren't we? I hope that you had a wonderful time in AZ, and I think of you often. B.

Barbara TX on 10/31/01 at 15:34 (063888)

Alow me to take y'all on a citygirl's tour of Dallas:

First, we would champagne breakfast at the Mansion on Turtle Creek, continuing on to shopping in Highland Park, and then to the Galleria to ice skate, where John and I would wow you all with twirls and flips. Nancy would fit right in in her black furry hat, and John would ask to carry my skates while we hit Godiva chocolates in Marshall Fields. We would eat all the truffles that we could hold, sip cappuchino, and talk about shoes.

Then, we would go to the top of the Texas Commerce tower to the Cattlemen's club for gim gimlets and jaw on for hours about politics and religion. Dick Cheney would join us for ribeyes and beer and sign my skates 'To My Dearest Barbara, Fondly, your devoted Richard.' Dr. Z would join us at the Meyerson for the matinee concert in premier box seats - he would have been yachting in the morning with the podiatrists of Highland Park - and we would be given a backstage tour by Placido Domingo.

Then, we would siesta at the Cresent Hotel, get Swedish massages, and steam in the sauna while smoking cuban cigars.

We would finish the day with Flamenco dancing lessons in Deep Ellum and dinner the top of Reunion Tower. B.

JudyS on 11/01/01 at 18:00 (063969)

TexBarb, your assignment is to print the above description of your 'Day in Dallas' because I fully expect it to happen (preferably when I'm there) and I don't want a thing left out, hear?

Re: 8 "on-feet" hours and.......

JudyS on 11/01/01 at 18:13 (063972)

drum roll please.....while, as Necee suggests, I wasn't out walking around, I did spend a solid eight hours on my feet today doing something that I adore doing.....home improvememt woodwork stuff! Measuring and cutting and sawing and nailing - ALL day long! Folks, you hear it here first.....zero foot soreness! Zip. Nadda. None. I'm in shock as this miracle only just occurs to me. You'll never guess what my footwear was all day......my Martha Stewart gardening clogs!
So, TexBarb, does this mean I won't need another zap? I guess only time will tell but I will say this - if YOU'RE in New Jersey, I'M in New Jersey even if I'm just there to cruise Broadway with you and NancyN. However, your description of a Day in Dallas is sounding pretty tempting too....

john h on 11/04/01 at 12:11 (064101)

Barb: I will most certainly join you at the Mansion on Turtle Creek for lunch. The last time I called for a reservation for dinner there was a 3 month wait and it did not matter if you were staying at the hotel or not. That is surely one of the great hotels in the world. Would you bother even driving by Texas Stadium to show your guest where the Cowboys and Cowgirls hangout?

Barbara TX on 11/04/01 at 21:51 (064131)

We'll just mention Cheney at the Mansion and we'll be in like Flynn. No waiting lists for the Mansion's sunday Champagne Brunch. I was an events planner for a think tank Dallas and I planned a lunch there once. The creme brulee is superb, if you like that swanky sort of thing (which, of course BabsTX does).

I live only 4 miles or so from the knotheads at Texas stadium. We just had some news from there: I will print it here for all to enjoy.

TERROR AT TEXAS STADIUM

Dallas Cowboys football practice was delayed on Wednesday for nearly two
hours at Valley Ranch.

One of the players, while on his way to the locker room happened to look
down and noticed a suspicious looking, unknown white powdery substance on
the practice field.

Head coach Dave Campo immediately suspended practice while the FBI was
called in to investigate. After a complete field analysis, the FBI determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line.

Practice was resumed when FBI Special Agents decided that the team would not likely encounter the substance again.

B.

wendyn on 11/04/01 at 22:24 (064134)

Thanks for the giggle Barbara.

Steve P on 10/29/01 at 18:36 (063773)

Hi Laurie -- Yeah, It's been quiet on the board the past week or so. I know that a couple of regulars are giving their 'computer wrists' a rest.

It looks as though you have a good plan under way. Good doctors are so important, as we all know. But so is a good comprehensive plan. Hang in there.....I know you will get there, even though this is turning out to be a LOT longer trip than you ever thought.

As for me, I'm in the 12 week period between ESWT treatments. Just before Christmas I'll be back to Dr. Z for more zaps in his Winnebago ('The Winnie' as Judy S calls it).

It was the Night before Christmas & in Dr. Z's House....
A podiatrist was stirring, using keyboard & mouse.
The stockings were hung by the Orbasone with care....
In hopes that more spark plugs would be FedEx'd by air.

;-)

Tammie on 10/29/01 at 18:57 (063774)

Oh that is so good he should use it as a greeting card Steve!!!! I had a good chuckle! Take care and hugs to u we are still here lurking when we can get the strength up! Seems so very quiet thease days. Hope all are out jogging or at least walking thru the last of the fall days.

Tammie on 10/29/01 at 19:03 (063775)

Laurie,
You are always in my thoughts and prayers hoping that soon you will find the answers for your sore feet. I always remember u in my prayers. Take care and hope that u have some good days real soon! If and when I should ever meet u I would love to take a nice walk and just enjoy the things u have missed for such a long time. In my dreams we are in a big shopping mall lol and feet well no we dont even think of those as we are running around filling our arms with all sorts of bags lol! C where my thoughts are, shoppinggggggggggggggggg.And wonders no feet problems and by judging all the bags I guess no money worries either lol lol ! Take care friend and keep the smile and the heart light! Hugsssssssss

Laurie R on 10/29/01 at 19:24 (063776)

Dear Tammie , I am there with ya ..... I love to dream , I do it a lot . Shopping , what fun we would have ..I am sure we can use a few new things .

Now my dream would be ,of course after we go shopping . We could go to the beach and take a long walk in the sand. Pick up shells along the way , we can't keep them because the beach is their home ,but we still can hold them for a while until the loooooooooooooooooooooong walk was over.

That is really a dream of mine , just to take a walk , it does not even have to be on the beach ,but if we are dreaming I would like the beach better.

Yesterday my sis came over and we have a dallor store aobut two blocks away . She took my oldest with her and looks at me and says , I know you can't walk that far so we will see ya .... I was like , you got that right ...

You never know what you miss until you can't do it anymore.

No one can ever take our dreams from us ,they are ours to keep , nor can anyone take our hope away .

People we can pick up along the way to walk with us Tammie and our shopping trip.
Nancy S
Nancy N
Judy
Wendyn
Val
Paula
Uncle Steve
Brian

You get the picture , but I have one specail person in mind that I know would love to come and that would be my dear frind , Janet .......

Please everyone feel free to add to the list..

My very best to all , Laurie R

linda A on 10/29/01 at 19:49 (063780)

girl ; yesterday my little brother ask me where i got one of my winter shirts . i said at the ' value city ' . do you have one of those laurie ? well he thought i paid a expensive an amount for it . i paid 5 $ . i am very thrifty . i love good buys . and i love the dollar store , dollar tree , Big lots , and wally - world ( wal-mart ) . i only go to dillards or somewhere expensive if they are truly having one of those clearance sales at the end of the year usually 75 % off ( always buy neices & nephews clothes bigger sizes for next year ( take a 20 $ pants ---- 4 $ ) . love good buys . i don't have any kids . so, could i come along on your shopping trip . oh , when i am manic you are going to have to watch my binge spending . ha ha ha !!!! how is your husband doing on his new job ?

Laurie R on 10/29/01 at 20:37 (063789)

Of course you can come Linda , you know it ..... I love the cheap stores too. The thing is when ever i am in one I have to leave due to , well you know my foot ... The dallor tree is the one that is only two blocks from me ...

Hubby job story , he quit two of them , then he was off for over two weeks now he has been back at his old job for one week ... He is a lot happier and so am I . Boy the last month has been so up and down .

I forgot to add for our dream walk and shopping , Maureen , when she is all recoved from her surgery , and Julie . I don't want to leave anyone out . So how about everyone coming along for the shopping and the loooooooooooooooooong walk on the beach .Scott that means you too...

Laurie R

Suzanne D on 10/29/01 at 20:40 (063790)

I would like to come along, too! Then I would invite you down to my 'neck of the woods' for a walk along a trail through the woods near my house. We could also go across our old iron bridge which now has a huge American flag affixed to it. Before Christmas, we all gather down by the river to countdown 10, 9, 8...for the lighting of the snowmen, Santa, etc. on the bridge followed by cookies and hot chocolate. Y'all come on down! :-)

Laurie R on 10/29/01 at 21:48 (063794)

How wonderful Suzanne , Count me in , so we have shopping with Tammie , the loooooooooooong walk on the beach with me and the walk along the trail through the woods near your house. Then cookies and hot coco on the bridge ... Wow this is getting to be so fun....

Laurie R on 10/29/01 at 21:52 (063795)

To add on , We most definitly have to go to TX to pick up Necee . I know she would love to go with us ... Now Necee let us know what we are going to do in TX , then we can stop by Barbara's and meet her wonderful children , now you folk's in TX I hope you know the way to Beverly's so we can pick her up along the way . Now you all need to tell us what we are going to do once we get to TX...... Laurie R

Something fun ladies , remember we are dreaming here so anything counts....

Laurie R

wendyn on 10/29/01 at 22:31 (063798)

I am falling asleep on my keyboard.

I have had one day off in...I don't know - 15 or 20 or something like that - I am too tired to count.

We implemented our system over this past weekend and 'went live' today. Yippe....yawn. The culmination of about a years work and several million dollars.

I worked just over 14 hours yesterday.

I am still here.

I still have feet - I suppose they hurt if I have the time and energy to think about them.

My new shoes are doing well.

I can even walk in them without looking like I'm a little kid walking in their mommy's shoes.

Good night....zzzzzz....

Re: Michigan Sand Dune Dash

Valerie S on 10/30/01 at 08:31 (063808)

Hello friends...

I don't say much anymore either. Still moving and unpacking while trying to keep my sanity.

Stop up here in northern Michigan... I live very close to Sleeping Bear Dunes. You can walk up the huge sand dune and look over the edge at beautiful Lake Michigan and all the dunes. (I think the western shore of Michigan has one of the largest collections of white sand in the country... I fell asleep during the filmstrip at the nature center...) But anyways, you climb up the dune, look around, catch your breath, and then you RUN LIKE HECK back down the side. They actually let you do this! I did it when I was a kid. Dunes are somewhat protected now, because of some serious erosion that has taken place, but they just keep moving the parking lot back (kidding... hee hee).

The legend of the Sleeping Bear Dunes... come on up and let me show you our white sands -- Lake Michigan is the greatest of the Great Lakes. Fresh water, but it has the vastness of the sea, since you can see only lake, and the waves were up to 18 feet just a few days ago... Up here, the water temp only gets down to 40 in the winter, so we can enjoy the sound of the surf anytime.

The best of all worlds here in Michigan... Lakes and trees and skiing and hunting and boating. And we all live in log cabins. ;)

Come and see... we can go on a great hike here!

Val.

john h on 10/30/01 at 08:41 (063810)

Laurie: I am still alive and well in Little Rock. Feet are doing ok but I am not 'cured'. I think WTC and anthrax has a lot of peoples minds thinking about other things. I know I have not been posting as much as I had been as I have been more busy at work, but alas me and PF are still among you.

john h on 10/30/01 at 08:47 (063812)

you ladies seem to have different dreams than me! after reading about your dreams i will surely not tell you mine.

Re: Observation

john h on 10/30/01 at 08:52 (063813)

it seems to me that about 90% of post are by the ladies. why is this? are me and steve wimps or something? dr z and dr ed are here to help and have a reasons to post. Scott, have you ever paid any attention as to the differential between ladies and men who post.

Valerie S on 10/30/01 at 08:59 (063814)

NO! You are not wimps!

hee hee.

Real men are the ones who aren't afraid to share their thoughts.

I'm so sure! hee hee.

I don't know what this board would be without you guys... and don't forget Brian. Imagine what might happen when things get a heated around here! MEOW!!! hee hee.

We need you. And you know it. You're here to save all these helpless females, and you love the compliments. Don't you like being surrounded by women who adore you?

hee hee.

Val.

john h on 10/30/01 at 09:36 (063816)

'women who adore you' 'need me'! i can go for that! as for 'helpless women' if i were to say that to baseball playing judy she would hit me across the head with her bat! nancy n would call me sexist!

JudyS on 10/30/01 at 09:53 (063817)

Hi Laurie - You know, you have a very nice habit of occasionally bringing some of we 'old timers' back to PF center and I'd like to say thanks for looking out for us!
I'm a bit like TexBev right now - not posting much because I just don't have anything significant to add anymore. I read pretty much every day. My wrists are a ton better and (knock on wood...) so are my feet! Consequently I'm using them more instead of taking time to sit at my computer.
Having said that, my to-do list includes some writing time because I very much want to describe, for my HMO Pods, my ESWT experience and what seems to be resulting improvement. Those guys just won't buy the ESWT idea so I'd like to sort of 'force' my experience on them and hopefully open their eyes a bit.
Still planning to come your way at Thanksgiving - unless I decide to go to my big sis' wedding in Michigan that weekend. Hope you guys will be around.

JudyS on 10/30/01 at 09:55 (063819)

The Tex's Bev and Barb......

Tammie on 10/30/01 at 14:57 (063835)

Gee, Now we will have to take a stop for something good to drink as like a friend here who went hiking with only a diet coke I believe, I to only brought one and I am totaly exausted from our shopping trip and our beach walk and our bridge and state crossings and well u get the message time to sit and relax and enjoy a nice cool drink or hot whatever the choice!

Gosh what fun this has been and what a journey it could really be! If you came here i would have to show u all the amish buggies lol and the er packages they tend to leave on the road phewwww. Lots of farmland, we do have a cheese factory that has been pretty well know (Middlefield Swiss cheese factory) I mean for amish land marks heheh.Then I know some really neet little craft shops and antique areas we could hit. Maybe get a buggy ride while we are at it.

Then we could have a nice piece of fresh baked amish bread lol yummmm they sure can cook and bake well just a piece of pure heaven. Then maybe a trip to the maple surup houses smells wonderful but u taste I prefer to just smell as I dont like sweet surup, or the candy. Then if it were summer time we could go to the Great Geauga county fair lol oh my what funnnn!!! Gosh I miss some of this, I really had forgotton how much u give up. Hugs to all I am tired from our journey now time for a nap heheeh!

Janet C on 10/30/01 at 15:21 (063836)

Oh My!!! I LOVE everyone's fantasies! Laurie, I 100% agree with you, there's nothing like taking a walk along a beautiful, sandy beach, and listening, and watching the crashing surf! It magically releases all my tensions and stresses! How I miss going there... and I only live about a ten minute drive away here in Southern Cal! [SIGH]

Nancy N on 10/30/01 at 16:31 (063837)

Would I?? I don't know if I would call you that, John--but I'd be right there with Judy and her baseball bat!! :)

Necee on 10/31/01 at 00:05 (063862)

I love to dream!! It's the great escape from the 'real world', where we can all make our thoughts and desires of life come true....if only for a little while.
So while we are dreaming......here's my journey and I want all of you to come along. Now I love my Texas but travels throughout this great nation have been some of my most memorable. But on this trip I'll take us through the Lonestar State......
Staying in a little cabin in the woods and building a bonfire we gaze at the stars and listen to the 'night sounds' as the cool gentle breeze sets in for the night. The soothing sounds of the Whipperwills serenade us till morning light. The next morning we gather at the rim of Palo Duro Canyon and enjoy a cowboy breakfast before heading off to see the rolling hills of South Texas. Of course for me a trip wouldn't be complete without stopping in all the little out of the way country towns and seeing what there antique shops had to offer. Picturesque towns like Wimberley, Comfort, Fredericksburg, and Bandera are some of my favorite places to escape to. There we can shop till the cows come home! You'll find everything from natural herbs to homemade soaps and fresh peach pie that will knock your socks off! Of course I'm on a diet and will have to pass. Heading for Kerrville we stop and wade in the Guadalupe River where the Cypress trees almost touch the sky.
Now I'm not much on big cities so we are going to bypass them on my journey, if you like skyscrapers, traffic and smog you won't find it in my dream, remember I'm a country girl! From the hill country we head down to the Gulf coast (so Laurie can walk along the beach), something I enjoy doing as well, just listening to the waves and the sea gulls has such a calming effect, I stayed at Port O'Connor once and spent most of my time on the deck of the beachhouse just sitting and watching the waves roll in. On our way back up through Texas we stop in Marble Falls to shop at Aunt Bees, simply because they were closed the last time I was through there, oh what a cute place! (Antiques, handmade quits, scented candles,you name it they have it there.) I window shopped and kept my face plastered to the glass for hours! There was just so much to see, things were hanging from the rafters, it was in a historical building and that was fascinating in itself.
We make our way up through Georgetown and then to Salado, having lunch at the Stagecoach Inn, (where there is no menu, the lunch specials change daily and are recited by the waitresses).
Heading through East Texas we frequent state parks along the way and see all the historical sites. Naccodoches Texas is an historical town with buildings made out of stone, walking the streets we hear sweet mandolins, violins and banjo music coming from the 'Old Time String Shop', walking inside the old building (with hardwood floors), we see several oldtimers sitting around a potbellied stove pickin and singin. Oh how they could play that Bluegrass!
We leave there and take the scenic narrow gauge train through the forest seeing wildlife along the way as we give our feet a rest!
I don't want my dream to end but I know that it must. I really love the mountains so I'm hoping one of you will take me along on your journey there.
My hope and prayer to all of you is that your hopes and dreams come true!
Happy Trails.......
Love
Necee

Richard, C.Ped on 10/31/01 at 11:54 (063876)

Still here too. Business is slowly but surely picking up. The baby is keeping me as well as mom busy. We have been added to the medical staff of the new hockey team...so that is taking up quite a bit of time.
Richard

Barbara TX on 10/31/01 at 14:51 (063881)

The question is, would you ENJOY getting hit with the bat? Then you are in another category entirely.

No matter who wallops you over the head, John, I will remain your devoted BarbaraTX.

Barbara TX on 10/31/01 at 14:56 (063882)

I am posting more infrequently too due to painful feet. I am not a big help to anyone... I may offer my advice, but I afraid that people might ask if I am better! When I get better I will blow up my computer with my words of wisdom.

So, Judy, do you think that you've had your last zap, or is it too early to tell? We are coming up on five weeks aren't we? I hope that you had a wonderful time in AZ, and I think of you often. B.

Barbara TX on 10/31/01 at 15:34 (063888)

Alow me to take y'all on a citygirl's tour of Dallas:

First, we would champagne breakfast at the Mansion on Turtle Creek, continuing on to shopping in Highland Park, and then to the Galleria to ice skate, where John and I would wow you all with twirls and flips. Nancy would fit right in in her black furry hat, and John would ask to carry my skates while we hit Godiva chocolates in Marshall Fields. We would eat all the truffles that we could hold, sip cappuchino, and talk about shoes.

Then, we would go to the top of the Texas Commerce tower to the Cattlemen's club for gim gimlets and jaw on for hours about politics and religion. Dick Cheney would join us for ribeyes and beer and sign my skates 'To My Dearest Barbara, Fondly, your devoted Richard.' Dr. Z would join us at the Meyerson for the matinee concert in premier box seats - he would have been yachting in the morning with the podiatrists of Highland Park - and we would be given a backstage tour by Placido Domingo.

Then, we would siesta at the Cresent Hotel, get Swedish massages, and steam in the sauna while smoking cuban cigars.

We would finish the day with Flamenco dancing lessons in Deep Ellum and dinner the top of Reunion Tower. B.

JudyS on 11/01/01 at 18:00 (063969)

TexBarb, your assignment is to print the above description of your 'Day in Dallas' because I fully expect it to happen (preferably when I'm there) and I don't want a thing left out, hear?

JudyS on 11/01/01 at 18:13 (063972)

drum roll please.....while, as Necee suggests, I wasn't out walking around, I did spend a solid eight hours on my feet today doing something that I adore doing.....home improvememt woodwork stuff! Measuring and cutting and sawing and nailing - ALL day long! Folks, you hear it here first.....zero foot soreness! Zip. Nadda. None. I'm in shock as this miracle only just occurs to me. You'll never guess what my footwear was all day......my Martha Stewart gardening clogs!
So, TexBarb, does this mean I won't need another zap? I guess only time will tell but I will say this - if YOU'RE in New Jersey, I'M in New Jersey even if I'm just there to cruise Broadway with you and NancyN. However, your description of a Day in Dallas is sounding pretty tempting too....

john h on 11/04/01 at 12:11 (064101)

Barb: I will most certainly join you at the Mansion on Turtle Creek for lunch. The last time I called for a reservation for dinner there was a 3 month wait and it did not matter if you were staying at the hotel or not. That is surely one of the great hotels in the world. Would you bother even driving by Texas Stadium to show your guest where the Cowboys and Cowgirls hangout?

Barbara TX on 11/04/01 at 21:51 (064131)

We'll just mention Cheney at the Mansion and we'll be in like Flynn. No waiting lists for the Mansion's sunday Champagne Brunch. I was an events planner for a think tank Dallas and I planned a lunch there once. The creme brulee is superb, if you like that swanky sort of thing (which, of course BabsTX does).

I live only 4 miles or so from the knotheads at Texas stadium. We just had some news from there: I will print it here for all to enjoy.

TERROR AT TEXAS STADIUM

Dallas Cowboys football practice was delayed on Wednesday for nearly two
hours at Valley Ranch.

One of the players, while on his way to the locker room happened to look
down and noticed a suspicious looking, unknown white powdery substance on
the practice field.

Head coach Dave Campo immediately suspended practice while the FBI was
called in to investigate. After a complete field analysis, the FBI determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line.

Practice was resumed when FBI Special Agents decided that the team would not likely encounter the substance again.

B.

wendyn on 11/04/01 at 22:24 (064134)

Thanks for the giggle Barbara.