Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

INFO PLEASE ON OSSATRON TREATMENTS

Posted by Rachael T. on 10/29/01 at 20:26 (063788)

I am writing to inquire about Ossatron treatments for plantar fasciitis - wondering if 1 treatment is all that is needed as this is what I've been told....sounded too good to be true. I have also been informed that this 1 treatment then needs no recovery time....is that true? Please advise on any pertinent info on OSSATRON & also the probably costs. Thank you much!

Re: INFO PLEASE ON OSSATRON TREATMENTS

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/30/01 at 18:55 (063844)

I would contact the company for pricing and location. There is a section on this site that lists all treatment sites on heelspurs.com. Have you been to a doctor for an evaluation and determination as to whether ESWT is the right treatment for your condition. Once a determination is needed then the doctor should explain to you his experience, all cost involved, and the expected recovery time.

I have done orbasone ESWT for two years and this is the treatment for chronic plantar fasciitis , heel spur pain. Some people wil need one treatment some need additional treatments. So see a certified ESWT doctor and find out where your heel problem stands.

RACHAEL T. on 10/30/01 at 22:14 (063855)

I will follow your advisement....w/ another consult with my present pod. Then, after the T-giving holiday, I plan on trying to locate a site & dr. for ESWT - to alleviate the pain & to 'rediscover' my old lifestyle! I don't really want to share my day with icepacks always! smiling as I type that! Thank you & I will probably be 'back' with more ? - once my pod. & I consult!

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/31/01 at 00:50 (063864)

Where do you live. ?? We are in New Jersey and have alot of experience with ESWT . Been doing it for the past two years. Great procedure for the chronic painful heel pain

RACHAEL T. on 10/31/01 at 11:13 (063874)

I LIVE IN PA. - SOUTHWEST - NEAR PGH. -- WHAT INFO CAN YOU SEND TO ME? PAMPHLETS? OR SOMETHING WITH PROCEDURAL INFO AS WELL AS COSTS & SUCCESS RATES, ETC. THANK YOU AGAIN!

DR. Zuckerman on 10/31/01 at 16:58 (063891)

Hi,

E-mail Andi@bee.net . She is one of my ESWT coordinators and she will send you a packet and answer all and any questions you may have.

Dr. Z
footcare@home.com

Lynn WW on 11/01/01 at 07:28 (063922)

Rachel - I had ESWT performed yesterday & wish I hadn't waited so long. The ideal is one treatment but as with all plantar fascia treatments, it's individual ... too many variables. My podiatrist gave me a statistic of 50-75% success with the 1st treatment & greater than 90% with a second. The OR nurse yesterday had had ESWT performed 12/00 bilaterally with no second treatment & I've communicated with another woman who had the procedure done by the same podiatrist, again bilaterally, one foot had a repeat procedure. I would have the second session done without hesitation. I've been told no heavy lifting or exercise for 4 weeks & that we'll know within 12 weeks whether the repeat will be necessary. I think the key to success is training & experience. My podiatrist has done nearly 100 & I know his approach is different now than it was a year ago. I'm also his 'guinea pig' as I went to him wearing an air cast & undergoing physical therapy 1 x week. I'll continue to wear the air cast for the next 3 weeks & PT for 6. I think he wants to see if this approach reduces the likelihood of a repeat procedure. Good luck

Rhonda L on 11/05/01 at 07:21 (064144)

My husband had the ESWT treatment done in Canada by Dr. Galea. Our health insurance would not cover the procedure, and it cost more than $10,000 in Dallas, TX. In Canada we paid $1500 plus our travel expenses. It was still much less expensive. We were treated nicely and the procedure seems to have been a success. It was done on October 19, 2001. David has been walking much more. He characterizes his pain as about 80% better. It has been incredible. I urge everyone diagnosed with plantar fasciitis to try ESWT!

RACHAEL T on 11/05/01 at 19:46 (064186)

HI LYNN, WHERE DID YOU HAVE YOUR TREATMENTS? PLS. ADVISE ANY DETAILS, COSTS, PAIN INVOLVED, & PERT. OTHER INFO.
I'D CERTAINLY APPREC. IT! THANKS - RACHAEL T.

RACHAEL T. on 11/05/01 at 19:47 (064187)

AT WHAT CLINIC OR FACILITY, DID YOUR HUSBAND HAVE THE TREATMENT? PLS. ADVISE. I'D CERTAINLY APPRECIATE ANY OTHER INFO YOU COULD OFFER! THANKS MUCH FROM - RACHAEL T.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/30/01 at 18:55 (063844)

I would contact the company for pricing and location. There is a section on this site that lists all treatment sites on heelspurs.com. Have you been to a doctor for an evaluation and determination as to whether ESWT is the right treatment for your condition. Once a determination is needed then the doctor should explain to you his experience, all cost involved, and the expected recovery time.

I have done orbasone ESWT for two years and this is the treatment for chronic plantar fasciitis , heel spur pain. Some people wil need one treatment some need additional treatments. So see a certified ESWT doctor and find out where your heel problem stands.

RACHAEL T. on 10/30/01 at 22:14 (063855)

I will follow your advisement....w/ another consult with my present pod. Then, after the T-giving holiday, I plan on trying to locate a site & dr. for ESWT - to alleviate the pain & to 'rediscover' my old lifestyle! I don't really want to share my day with icepacks always! smiling as I type that! Thank you & I will probably be 'back' with more ? - once my pod. & I consult!

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/31/01 at 00:50 (063864)

Where do you live. ?? We are in New Jersey and have alot of experience with ESWT . Been doing it for the past two years. Great procedure for the chronic painful heel pain

RACHAEL T. on 10/31/01 at 11:13 (063874)

I LIVE IN PA. - SOUTHWEST - NEAR PGH. -- WHAT INFO CAN YOU SEND TO ME? PAMPHLETS? OR SOMETHING WITH PROCEDURAL INFO AS WELL AS COSTS & SUCCESS RATES, ETC. THANK YOU AGAIN!

DR. Zuckerman on 10/31/01 at 16:58 (063891)

Hi,

E-mail Andi@bee.net . She is one of my ESWT coordinators and she will send you a packet and answer all and any questions you may have.

Dr. Z
footcare@home.com

Lynn WW on 11/01/01 at 07:28 (063922)

Rachel - I had ESWT performed yesterday & wish I hadn't waited so long. The ideal is one treatment but as with all plantar fascia treatments, it's individual ... too many variables. My podiatrist gave me a statistic of 50-75% success with the 1st treatment & greater than 90% with a second. The OR nurse yesterday had had ESWT performed 12/00 bilaterally with no second treatment & I've communicated with another woman who had the procedure done by the same podiatrist, again bilaterally, one foot had a repeat procedure. I would have the second session done without hesitation. I've been told no heavy lifting or exercise for 4 weeks & that we'll know within 12 weeks whether the repeat will be necessary. I think the key to success is training & experience. My podiatrist has done nearly 100 & I know his approach is different now than it was a year ago. I'm also his 'guinea pig' as I went to him wearing an air cast & undergoing physical therapy 1 x week. I'll continue to wear the air cast for the next 3 weeks & PT for 6. I think he wants to see if this approach reduces the likelihood of a repeat procedure. Good luck

Rhonda L on 11/05/01 at 07:21 (064144)

My husband had the ESWT treatment done in Canada by Dr. Galea. Our health insurance would not cover the procedure, and it cost more than $10,000 in Dallas, TX. In Canada we paid $1500 plus our travel expenses. It was still much less expensive. We were treated nicely and the procedure seems to have been a success. It was done on October 19, 2001. David has been walking much more. He characterizes his pain as about 80% better. It has been incredible. I urge everyone diagnosed with plantar fasciitis to try ESWT!

RACHAEL T on 11/05/01 at 19:46 (064186)

HI LYNN, WHERE DID YOU HAVE YOUR TREATMENTS? PLS. ADVISE ANY DETAILS, COSTS, PAIN INVOLVED, & PERT. OTHER INFO.
I'D CERTAINLY APPREC. IT! THANKS - RACHAEL T.

RACHAEL T. on 11/05/01 at 19:47 (064187)

AT WHAT CLINIC OR FACILITY, DID YOUR HUSBAND HAVE THE TREATMENT? PLS. ADVISE. I'D CERTAINLY APPRECIATE ANY OTHER INFO YOU COULD OFFER! THANKS MUCH FROM - RACHAEL T.