Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to laurie r

Posted by susie c on 10/30/01 at 11:21 (063823)

hello, i to have pf,tts and rsd. I am being treated with anti inflam's and evavil. My dr has talked about nerve blocks. Do you think it has helped? how do you feel? I was told it would be several blocks with in a few weeks time. Did you get the rds after tts surgery? Thats when I developed it soon after the release and now going on 5 months. I do aqua therapy 3 times a week right now to try to get range of motion back in the foot and ancle,also have lost the calf muscle. please let me know you situation if you dont mind. susie

Re: to laurie r

Laurie R on 10/30/01 at 17:36 (063841)

Dear Susie , First of all , I am so sorry to hear you have RSD. I have not had surgery yet on my foot . I do have PF and TTS and tenosynivitis and RSD/CRPS all in my right foot . I also have a fibroma , growth on my fascia in my right foot as well. I need surgery to fix my foot , but I could not have any surgery till I had the nerve block . Three doctor's told me if I did have surgery without the nerve block I may never walk again . It can make the RSD way worse ....

YOu asked if the nerve blocked worked. I don't know yet. I go back to see my pain doctor in a week . He will tell me than . After the block wore off the pain was all back . But that does not mean the block did not work . It felt so good to be out of pain even for a few hours. Plus the block makes your foot so warm . My foot is always so cold.

From what I have read it is so important to treat RSD early on ... It is still all so new to me .

If you would ever like to talk please feel free to email me . ricoslady1108@yahoo.com I would love to talk to you ...

What type of doctor are you seeing now ? I am seeing a Pain management doctor as well as my Pod . They are working together to try to help me .

I wish you the best and please let me know if I can help you in any way .

Laurie R

susie c on 11/03/01 at 11:06 (064046)

Laurie, I also go to a pain management Dr and a pod now. The Dr that did the surgery was a ortho. The rsd did'nt set in until after the surgery. I am walking pretty good but have alot of discomfort . Now my other foot is giving me problems ect
pin and needles and burning i am hoping that the rsd did not spead to that limb. I do aqua therapy 3 times a week for range of motion and it does seem to help. what meds have you tried? How long have you had the rsd? Do you work? I havent worked in 5 months and can't see going back in the very near future do to the difficulties of standing for a period of time.
please reply. good luck to you.....susie

Laurie R on 11/03/01 at 13:56 (064057)

Hi Susie , No I can not work , their is no way I could at this point either. I don't know how anyone could work with RSD . My job that I have done my whole adult life was a bartender. 8 to 10 hours a night no brakes. I have been off work for two years now . I don't see myself going back any time soon either. My Pod has told me that I can never go back to doing that type of work again . I don't see how I could any way . I did think for a long time I would be able to , but now I know I can't .

As for how long I have had RSD , I really don't know . I am thinking maybe a year , but I am not to sure. I will find out more when I see both of my doctors next week. I see my PM doctor on Wed and then my Pod on Friday .

Meds- I have tried so many , I can not take any type of anti inflamms. They make me so sick. I still even tried them and they did not help any way . I do take pain pills now and Xanax for my anxiety ...

If you would like to email we could talk more about this . I would love to talk to you . ricoslady1108@yahoo.com please feel free to email me anytime . I am always here.

I do wish you all the best and I know what you are going through ...

Laurie R

Laurie R on 10/30/01 at 17:36 (063841)

Dear Susie , First of all , I am so sorry to hear you have RSD. I have not had surgery yet on my foot . I do have PF and TTS and tenosynivitis and RSD/CRPS all in my right foot . I also have a fibroma , growth on my fascia in my right foot as well. I need surgery to fix my foot , but I could not have any surgery till I had the nerve block . Three doctor's told me if I did have surgery without the nerve block I may never walk again . It can make the RSD way worse ....

YOu asked if the nerve blocked worked. I don't know yet. I go back to see my pain doctor in a week . He will tell me than . After the block wore off the pain was all back . But that does not mean the block did not work . It felt so good to be out of pain even for a few hours. Plus the block makes your foot so warm . My foot is always so cold.

From what I have read it is so important to treat RSD early on ... It is still all so new to me .

If you would ever like to talk please feel free to email me . ricoslady1108@yahoo.com I would love to talk to you ...

What type of doctor are you seeing now ? I am seeing a Pain management doctor as well as my Pod . They are working together to try to help me .

I wish you the best and please let me know if I can help you in any way .

Laurie R

susie c on 11/03/01 at 11:06 (064046)

Laurie, I also go to a pain management Dr and a pod now. The Dr that did the surgery was a ortho. The rsd did'nt set in until after the surgery. I am walking pretty good but have alot of discomfort . Now my other foot is giving me problems ect
pin and needles and burning i am hoping that the rsd did not spead to that limb. I do aqua therapy 3 times a week for range of motion and it does seem to help. what meds have you tried? How long have you had the rsd? Do you work? I havent worked in 5 months and can't see going back in the very near future do to the difficulties of standing for a period of time.
please reply. good luck to you.....susie

Laurie R on 11/03/01 at 13:56 (064057)

Hi Susie , No I can not work , their is no way I could at this point either. I don't know how anyone could work with RSD . My job that I have done my whole adult life was a bartender. 8 to 10 hours a night no brakes. I have been off work for two years now . I don't see myself going back any time soon either. My Pod has told me that I can never go back to doing that type of work again . I don't see how I could any way . I did think for a long time I would be able to , but now I know I can't .

As for how long I have had RSD , I really don't know . I am thinking maybe a year , but I am not to sure. I will find out more when I see both of my doctors next week. I see my PM doctor on Wed and then my Pod on Friday .

Meds- I have tried so many , I can not take any type of anti inflamms. They make me so sick. I still even tried them and they did not help any way . I do take pain pills now and Xanax for my anxiety ...

If you would like to email we could talk more about this . I would love to talk to you . ricoslady1108@yahoo.com please feel free to email me anytime . I am always here.

I do wish you all the best and I know what you are going through ...

Laurie R