Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hurting so bad

Posted by Eileen on 10/30/01 at 21:32 (063852)

I got diagnosed with plantar fasciitis 3 months ago. I was given cortisone injections and exercises to do from my foot doctor. I also bought a new pair of Etonic shoes with inserts and was given new exercises to do. I saw a chiropractor who adjusted my feet, did electrical stimulation, acupuncture and showed me how to tape my feet with athletic tape. I feel that nothing has helped and I need more advice.

Re: Hurting so bad

Dr.Zuckerman on 10/31/01 at 00:49 (063863)

Get an mri to rule out stress fracture. If you have plantar fasciitis then ESWT could be you step to a pain free life of walking.

RACHAEL T. on 10/31/01 at 11:15 (063875)

HOW DID THE CHIRO. 'ADJUST' YOUR FEET? I'VE SEEN A CHIRO. BEFORE & INFORMED HIM OF MY FOOT PAIN - HE ADJUSTED MY BACK AS USUAL ONLY; BUT DID DO SOME ULTRA SOUND ON MY FEET - THAT WAS IT. I AM INTERESTED & DID IT HELP YOU ANY?

Re: caution

Carmen H on 10/31/01 at 14:56 (063883)

I would use caution when getting adjustments to your feet. I was raised on chiropractic care (literally from the time I was 6) but I wouldn't consider getting my feet adjusted unless I had exhausted all efforts. Maybe the Chiro didn't adjust your feet b/c it isn't good for them with your condition? Just a thought.

Eileen on 11/01/01 at 15:01 (063944)

The chiropractor I saw also specialized in foot disorders and when I told him about this, he started to adjust my feet. When your whole body is adjusted, you lay on a special table. He has a foot table, just the size of your foot. I cannot exactly describe what he adjusted, but my foot felt good for about three days and then it would start hurting again.

Dr.Zuckerman on 10/31/01 at 00:49 (063863)

Get an mri to rule out stress fracture. If you have plantar fasciitis then ESWT could be you step to a pain free life of walking.

RACHAEL T. on 10/31/01 at 11:15 (063875)

HOW DID THE CHIRO. 'ADJUST' YOUR FEET? I'VE SEEN A CHIRO. BEFORE & INFORMED HIM OF MY FOOT PAIN - HE ADJUSTED MY BACK AS USUAL ONLY; BUT DID DO SOME ULTRA SOUND ON MY FEET - THAT WAS IT. I AM INTERESTED & DID IT HELP YOU ANY?

Re: caution

Carmen H on 10/31/01 at 14:56 (063883)

I would use caution when getting adjustments to your feet. I was raised on chiropractic care (literally from the time I was 6) but I wouldn't consider getting my feet adjusted unless I had exhausted all efforts. Maybe the Chiro didn't adjust your feet b/c it isn't good for them with your condition? Just a thought.

Eileen on 11/01/01 at 15:01 (063944)

The chiropractor I saw also specialized in foot disorders and when I told him about this, he started to adjust my feet. When your whole body is adjusted, you lay on a special table. He has a foot table, just the size of your foot. I cannot exactly describe what he adjusted, but my foot felt good for about three days and then it would start hurting again.