Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Featherspring Inserts

Posted by Richard on 10/30/01 at 23:08 (063861)

I have recently been diagnosed with PF. Among various treatments I am considering buying Featherspring inserts. Has anyone out there had any experience with them? The company, in their promotions and 'free info', certainly think they solve all the foot problems on the planet. But, at $230 for the pair of custom made inserts I must hesitate just a bit.

Thanks for your help

Re: Featherspring Inserts

JoAnn Fl on 10/31/01 at 01:07 (063865)

I asked about them on another message board and this is what someone said about them:

I tried them last year BRUTAL......
Slid all around inside the shoe,.....
Can't say I gave them a real fair shake as I couldn't handle the 'where are they sliding now' feeling.
not good if you ask me

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/01 at 16:34 (063956)

Feathersprings are a pre-fabricated insert made of steel. They can be helpful for some people. They are sold with a lot of hype and the price is quite steep for a device which is not custom made.
Ed

JoAnn Fl on 10/31/01 at 01:07 (063865)

I asked about them on another message board and this is what someone said about them:

I tried them last year BRUTAL......
Slid all around inside the shoe,.....
Can't say I gave them a real fair shake as I couldn't handle the 'where are they sliding now' feeling.
not good if you ask me

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/01/01 at 16:34 (063956)

Feathersprings are a pre-fabricated insert made of steel. They can be helpful for some people. They are sold with a lot of hype and the price is quite steep for a device which is not custom made.
Ed