Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Podiatrist

Posted by Ed S on 10/31/01 at 05:41 (063868)

I am 28 yrs old and have flat feet, which I recently went to a podiatrist to learn more about. As for a diagnosis, the doctor looked at my feet, bent them a little and had me stand up. She then recommended orthotics as an initial aid. Since I do not know much about podiatry I wonder if this is a complete enough diagnosis. Any comments would be gladly accepted. Thank you.

Re: Podiatrist

Sonny K on 10/31/01 at 16:04 (063889)

Ed:
I also have flat feet..which, according to my ortho, led to my Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome...which led to surgery. I was in pain for a long time and still am. So, I would try the orthodics...it may save you some trouble down the road. I had the orthodics made AFTER my surgery...they have helped. Good Luck.

sandy h. on 10/31/01 at 21:40 (063911)

Doesn't sound comprehensive enough. I was told after a similar cursory examination that I have flat feet and given orthotics. Then I went to a podiatrist who did an examination with a block and mirror, marker pen and digital camera etc. (ask the doctors what all this stuff is called) and he said I'm not a flat foot type so you shouldn't have to wear orthotics if they are giving you pain (which they were). Not saying don't wear orthotics but go through the most thorough checks you can.

tester on 11/14/01 at 15:04 (064790)

test

Sonny K on 10/31/01 at 16:04 (063889)

Ed:
I also have flat feet..which, according to my ortho, led to my Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome...which led to surgery. I was in pain for a long time and still am. So, I would try the orthodics...it may save you some trouble down the road. I had the orthodics made AFTER my surgery...they have helped. Good Luck.

sandy h. on 10/31/01 at 21:40 (063911)

Doesn't sound comprehensive enough. I was told after a similar cursory examination that I have flat feet and given orthotics. Then I went to a podiatrist who did an examination with a block and mirror, marker pen and digital camera etc. (ask the doctors what all this stuff is called) and he said I'm not a flat foot type so you shouldn't have to wear orthotics if they are giving you pain (which they were). Not saying don't wear orthotics but go through the most thorough checks you can.

tester on 11/14/01 at 15:04 (064790)

test