Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

after surgery then what?

Posted by Tammy C on 10/31/01 at 13:15 (063880)

I had surgery on my PF last Tue Oct 23. Surgery went great actually had no pain. Ok later a few days later i was walking on my crutches and slipped right down on my foot so i called our nurse help line who asked if i had ripped my stitches so i took off the 1/2 cast and looked well when i did so (i also took pics from my digital and have them on the computer) i noticed that there was a white rubbery looking thing coming out of the stitch i told the nurse and she said it was prolly a rubber drain. So i felt a little more easier and went to the dr the next day who got very upset that this nurse told me to remove the cast because of bacteria infection. I told him my findings and he said nope it's fine but the thing is he never onced looked at what i was talking about. He recasted it and again i tripped on my crutches (i know i know i am a clutz) this time i looked and saw no blood but still that thing was there. I am afraid to go back to the dr i don't think something is right. He told me i would be in this 1/2 cast for 3 weeks and then a walking cast for 3 weeks and no weight bearing. I took these pics the first time because my husband is in the middle east fighting for america and i want him to see what was done when he comes back. ok, so my question is is this white thing normal? I can send you a pic of it if you wanna see what i am talking about. It doesn't really hurt except a little tightening sensation in the wound.
Thanks,
Tammy

Re: after surgery then what?

Tammy C on 11/01/01 at 09:12 (063926)

ok so i am a dummy LOL i went in and found out that that white thing is scar tissue!! The steri strips were removed and placed new cleaned strips and the scar actually looks good once i got to look at it. Wow, do look like an idiot. Anyway thanks for letting me post that.
Tammy

Re: after surgery then what?

Tammy C on 11/01/01 at 09:12 (063926)

ok so i am a dummy LOL i went in and found out that that white thing is scar tissue!! The steri strips were removed and placed new cleaned strips and the scar actually looks good once i got to look at it. Wow, do look like an idiot. Anyway thanks for letting me post that.
Tammy