Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Would you believe!

Posted by Necee on 11/01/01 at 00:43 (063917)

At the end of Sept. I was shopping at a local department store and they already had their Christmas decorations out! I couldn't believe my eyes.
What ever happened to Thanksgiving? I can remember a time when Christmas was thought about AFTER Thanksgiving, of course that was when Christmas wasn't so commercialized and had more meaning.
Necee

Re: Would you believe!

Tammie on 11/01/01 at 13:38 (063940)

yes i would believe it as we were just mentioning it ourselves. My teens say mom u are forgetting as it always has been out early but u are just getting older and not as tolerable , imagine that lol. I guess it is true as at one time I would have had all my shopping done by now and would be starting the baking and freezing so that most would be done and could relax and enjoy holidays with the kids and not be stressed. Now I am among the procrastinators and looking for the perfect gift in the last days. At one time I enjoyed the early arival of christmas geer as it would make me feel that closeness to my family and friends and be much more tolerable to the simple anoyances of life in general!

Now I feel frustrated and annoyed as it seems as tho it is saying to me come on get with the program and get things done or u will be to tired and cranky to appreciate the special time of year.It is true tho if u think about it it is one time of year when people smile or say hello or Merry Christmas as a hello and on the whole much friendlier. I love the holidays as it means family together and good smells in the house and the brightness of lights and hope for the future, to see the families gathering and the children growing up right in front of us, a time to be thankful that we are all here again in the fold of our loved ones.

Now of course I am leaving out the bad things involved with preperations for this and of course the let down feelings when u discover things are not as smoothe and loving as u would like, but I would like to keep my little dream as a perfect warm loving holiday season as I can as this is what I dream for perfection in a imperfect world . By the way I have bought some cute little christmas socks at walmart with bells on them oh they have a great selection so many to choose from!!!!!They will hear me coming down the quiet halls for sure in the month of Dec. hehehee!

Suzanne D on 11/01/01 at 14:37 (063943)

Boy, do I know what you mean, Tammie, about your dream of the 'perfect warm loving holiday season'! And I relate to the feeling of being pushed into 'getting with it' or falling behind! Somehow we have to find a balance there, don't we?

Christmas is a wonderful time of the year - but a particularly hard one for me as my mother died in her sleep on Christmas night 13 years ago with my daughter who was then 7 years old sleeping beside her. While I was able to be thankful that she did not die alone that night (we were visiting with her; Daddy died the year before.), it was a hard discovery to make. The Christmas tree seemed so mocking that morning as we walked back into the living room.

And yet - the HOPE that is Christmas still remains no matter what the outward circumstances we face! And so we keep on...

Sorry to go on and on about this! I guess it feels good to get it out of my system. I have to do that a little each year as the season approaches! Thanks for listening!

Re: suzanne

Tammie on 11/01/01 at 16:43 (063958)

I am really sorry for your terrible loss,that must have been very difficult.I understand a very little on this as my grandma her mother also passed at christmas and she always said she disliked this holiday season and actually still does it brings back sad memories.But I would like to offer this to u in hopes that tho u have suffered a great loss u also got a gift.

The gift being you had a warm relationship with your mother and she was very much at peace to have slipped away so quietly in the night with your daughter her granddaughter right by her side to make the passing as wonderful as can be. She was not alone and she was chosen to go at the happiest time of year she has a special day that only the most special recieve! Nothing can ever replace a mothers love for her children and I would have to guess she loved you very much as she left u a gift.The ability to pass on to others,caring and sharing and the great feel of Love and helping others, she must have been a wonderful woman!I can see that by her legacy which is the warm person you are. She is certainly proud of u and would be happy to know that u think of her and feel a deep loss. She would also be proud of how u have gone on with your life living it to the fullest and loving and keeping her memories alive and letting her rest now as she surely is at peace.

I am so happy that u shared with us . I tmakes me hopeful that some really get to go in style and in complete peace with love wrapped around them. What could be more beautiful? As you look at your tree u will see your mothers glow as she will be there with u always look into your heart , she is there. Suzanne if u ever need to talk my email is doeeyesx2@yahoo.com I will say a special prayer for u that u will always feel your mothers touch as she lives on in your memories.Hugsssss to u

Re: Paragraphs :*)

BrianG on 11/01/01 at 17:54 (063967)

Tammy, your paraghaphs are beautiful. Who would have ever believed :*)

BCG

Suzanne D on 11/01/01 at 18:11 (063971)

Thank you so much, Tammie! You wrote so beautifully and have left me with a very real peace in my heart tonight. I will look at Christmas trees differently from now on! I sent an e-mail to you; thanks for giving the address. Have a good evening!

Tammie on 11/01/01 at 19:40 (063979)

Are u refering to my lack of writing skills lol, I do know that I am not very good , but if u are referring to the subject, I write the words from my heart. I hate to see saddness I like people to feel happy and to look at things from other ways sometimes we are so wrapped up in the grief of living we forget to see where there is some happiness in even the most painful situations. I have alot of faith in my life and that gives me the ability to find reasons for things that we may find hurtful and unbearable.

But I to am human and I have times when I fail to understand the reasonings of some things lol (like feet) Gosh I really need mine to do good work for Gods people. He gave me a gift of helping the elderly and holding hands I just hope I get to keep this gift as it means everything to me and my heart! I laugh with my friends and I cry tears with them when they are sick , lonely, or in pain. I sometimes feel as tho I can actually feel there pain also, but more in my heart! You know we each have been given a special gift, sometimes we just cant seem to find it and it finds us such as mine did!

I have learned much from my friends here and many have gifts that I can see openly others I know have them and I am curious about learning each gift. I often wonder if they even know themselves there special gifts? Well enough for now as time to take care of my darling foot as it crys also when it is neglected. Have a good night to all of my friends here and may your hearts be filled with joy and may u find your special gift.Hugssss

Tammie on 11/01/01 at 13:38 (063940)

yes i would believe it as we were just mentioning it ourselves. My teens say mom u are forgetting as it always has been out early but u are just getting older and not as tolerable , imagine that lol. I guess it is true as at one time I would have had all my shopping done by now and would be starting the baking and freezing so that most would be done and could relax and enjoy holidays with the kids and not be stressed. Now I am among the procrastinators and looking for the perfect gift in the last days. At one time I enjoyed the early arival of christmas geer as it would make me feel that closeness to my family and friends and be much more tolerable to the simple anoyances of life in general!

Now I feel frustrated and annoyed as it seems as tho it is saying to me come on get with the program and get things done or u will be to tired and cranky to appreciate the special time of year.It is true tho if u think about it it is one time of year when people smile or say hello or Merry Christmas as a hello and on the whole much friendlier. I love the holidays as it means family together and good smells in the house and the brightness of lights and hope for the future, to see the families gathering and the children growing up right in front of us, a time to be thankful that we are all here again in the fold of our loved ones.

Now of course I am leaving out the bad things involved with preperations for this and of course the let down feelings when u discover things are not as smoothe and loving as u would like, but I would like to keep my little dream as a perfect warm loving holiday season as I can as this is what I dream for perfection in a imperfect world . By the way I have bought some cute little christmas socks at walmart with bells on them oh they have a great selection so many to choose from!!!!!They will hear me coming down the quiet halls for sure in the month of Dec. hehehee!

Suzanne D on 11/01/01 at 14:37 (063943)

Boy, do I know what you mean, Tammie, about your dream of the 'perfect warm loving holiday season'! And I relate to the feeling of being pushed into 'getting with it' or falling behind! Somehow we have to find a balance there, don't we?

Christmas is a wonderful time of the year - but a particularly hard one for me as my mother died in her sleep on Christmas night 13 years ago with my daughter who was then 7 years old sleeping beside her. While I was able to be thankful that she did not die alone that night (we were visiting with her; Daddy died the year before.), it was a hard discovery to make. The Christmas tree seemed so mocking that morning as we walked back into the living room.

And yet - the HOPE that is Christmas still remains no matter what the outward circumstances we face! And so we keep on...

Sorry to go on and on about this! I guess it feels good to get it out of my system. I have to do that a little each year as the season approaches! Thanks for listening!

Tammie on 11/01/01 at 16:43 (063958)

I am really sorry for your terrible loss,that must have been very difficult.I understand a very little on this as my grandma her mother also passed at christmas and she always said she disliked this holiday season and actually still does it brings back sad memories.But I would like to offer this to u in hopes that tho u have suffered a great loss u also got a gift.

The gift being you had a warm relationship with your mother and she was very much at peace to have slipped away so quietly in the night with your daughter her granddaughter right by her side to make the passing as wonderful as can be. She was not alone and she was chosen to go at the happiest time of year she has a special day that only the most special recieve! Nothing can ever replace a mothers love for her children and I would have to guess she loved you very much as she left u a gift.The ability to pass on to others,caring and sharing and the great feel of Love and helping others, she must have been a wonderful woman!I can see that by her legacy which is the warm person you are. She is certainly proud of u and would be happy to know that u think of her and feel a deep loss. She would also be proud of how u have gone on with your life living it to the fullest and loving and keeping her memories alive and letting her rest now as she surely is at peace.

I am so happy that u shared with us . I tmakes me hopeful that some really get to go in style and in complete peace with love wrapped around them. What could be more beautiful? As you look at your tree u will see your mothers glow as she will be there with u always look into your heart , she is there. Suzanne if u ever need to talk my email is doeeyesx2@yahoo.com I will say a special prayer for u that u will always feel your mothers touch as she lives on in your memories.Hugsssss to u

BrianG on 11/01/01 at 17:54 (063967)

Tammy, your paraghaphs are beautiful. Who would have ever believed :*)

BCG

Suzanne D on 11/01/01 at 18:11 (063971)

Thank you so much, Tammie! You wrote so beautifully and have left me with a very real peace in my heart tonight. I will look at Christmas trees differently from now on! I sent an e-mail to you; thanks for giving the address. Have a good evening!

Tammie on 11/01/01 at 19:40 (063979)

Are u refering to my lack of writing skills lol, I do know that I am not very good , but if u are referring to the subject, I write the words from my heart. I hate to see saddness I like people to feel happy and to look at things from other ways sometimes we are so wrapped up in the grief of living we forget to see where there is some happiness in even the most painful situations. I have alot of faith in my life and that gives me the ability to find reasons for things that we may find hurtful and unbearable.

But I to am human and I have times when I fail to understand the reasonings of some things lol (like feet) Gosh I really need mine to do good work for Gods people. He gave me a gift of helping the elderly and holding hands I just hope I get to keep this gift as it means everything to me and my heart! I laugh with my friends and I cry tears with them when they are sick , lonely, or in pain. I sometimes feel as tho I can actually feel there pain also, but more in my heart! You know we each have been given a special gift, sometimes we just cant seem to find it and it finds us such as mine did!

I have learned much from my friends here and many have gifts that I can see openly others I know have them and I am curious about learning each gift. I often wonder if they even know themselves there special gifts? Well enough for now as time to take care of my darling foot as it crys also when it is neglected. Have a good night to all of my friends here and may your hearts be filled with joy and may u find your special gift.Hugssss