Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

arch pain

Posted by leon g on 11/03/01 at 14:43 (064059)

I have had arch pain for about five years. I have used orthodics but gave up on them after 2 adjustments to them gave no relief. The burning pain has been so intense over the past few months that I decided to see a orthopedic surgen. He feels that I have TTS and wants to do a release but I am hesitant. The pain is almost exclusively in the arch between the heel and ball. There are small nodules on the tendon and some swelling at the medial portion of the arch. The pain is worse when I get out of bed or after I have been sitting for a while. It feels like the tendon is going to rip. Lately, the muscles in the lateral portion of my calf have been 'knotted'. In addition, my lower back has begun to hurt when I'm on my feet.
I do not have any tingling sensations or numbness so I'm wondering why the doctor thinks its TTS. Any advice?

Re: arch pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/04/01 at 06:48 (064091)

Sound to me like a problem with the plantar fascia and the posterior tibial tendon. Get a second opinion before undergoing TTS surgery. Got to the heel pain book for an education on TTS and what it is

Re: arch pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/04/01 at 06:48 (064091)

Sound to me like a problem with the plantar fascia and the posterior tibial tendon. Get a second opinion before undergoing TTS surgery. Got to the heel pain book for an education on TTS and what it is