Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Swelling on bottom of foot

Posted by Ruth K on 11/03/01 at 20:05 (064072)

Within the last week I have noticed a swelling on the bottom of my left foot. It appears to be just forward of the heel part of my foot. I notice the swelling when I put my weight on my foot or when I'm walking without shoes on. I have tried to feel for a swelling with my hands, but that is negative. Quite pronounced when I am walking, however, right towards the middle part of the foot in front of the heel. Wondering if I should seek treatment now or take a watch and wait attitude.

11-02-01

Re: Ruth

Carmen H on 11/06/01 at 12:43 (064239)

I would take it to the Podiatrist now. Any type of swelling can't be good.....and obviously you need your feet to walk so I wouldn't chance it. i am no doctor but definitely recommend not going barefoot until you find out what's wrong. You could be doing more harm to the bottom of your foot. The dr's here may not have seen your post so I recommend reposting....also be more specific in how it started and if anything else has accompanied your swelling....( injury, condition such as PF etc).
Good Luck!

Re: Ruth

Carmen H on 11/06/01 at 12:43 (064239)

I would take it to the Podiatrist now. Any type of swelling can't be good.....and obviously you need your feet to walk so I wouldn't chance it. i am no doctor but definitely recommend not going barefoot until you find out what's wrong. You could be doing more harm to the bottom of your foot. The dr's here may not have seen your post so I recommend reposting....also be more specific in how it started and if anything else has accompanied your swelling....( injury, condition such as PF etc).
Good Luck!