Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for Dr, Zuckerman about a Ruptured Tendon?

Posted by Jean M on 11/04/01 at 15:50 (064109)

In an earlier post where I was asking about some foot pain you said that there may be a ruptured posteror tibial tendon. I have been looking for information on this and couldnt find the answer to my questions. Can it partially rupture and if so wouldn't it be swollen or is it just painful. I don't see any swelling going on anywhere. Also,would the pain radiate up into my lower leg just above the ankle? I don't know if it just hurts from limping around on it or if it is all coming from the pain that started in my foot. I plan to call the doctors office back tomorrow since the pain seems much worse that when it originally started. I could walk on it for a short time this morning but I can't put any pressure on it at all now. Am I doing more damage by walking on it even for a short time? Sorry for being a pest but I can't seem to find answers anywhere else. Thank you again.

Re: Question for Dr, Zuckerman about a Ruptured Tendon?

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/04/01 at 16:23 (064112)

The area that you are talking about is in the area that the posterior tibial tendon runs. So rest , try to stay off your feet and have your doctor evaluate and order an mri if in doubt .

Jean M on 11/07/01 at 15:06 (064317)

Thanks again, saw the Doc yesterday and it is back in a cast. If it doesn't improve quickly he will proceed with the mri. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/04/01 at 16:23 (064112)

The area that you are talking about is in the area that the posterior tibial tendon runs. So rest , try to stay off your feet and have your doctor evaluate and order an mri if in doubt .

Jean M on 11/07/01 at 15:06 (064317)

Thanks again, saw the Doc yesterday and it is back in a cast. If it doesn't improve quickly he will proceed with the mri. Thanks for taking the time to reply.