Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot pain after sitting,lying down

Posted by Carol F. on 11/04/01 at 22:22 (064132)

For the past several months I have been experiencing pain in the bottom of both feet when I get up from a sitting or lying position. I have to literally hobble/limp for a few minutes before my feet stop hurting and I can resume walkling normally. I am 49 yrs. old. Once I'm up and moving around I don't experience any foot pain. I can only describe that it feels like I'm walking on my bones. I haven't noticed any swelling. I do have a plantars wart on the ball of one foot, but that only bothers me if I'm not wearing shoes. What causes this pain? What type of doctor should I see?

Re: Foot pain after sitting,lying down

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/04/01 at 22:30 (064135)

Hi,

Well you have the classic signs of heel spur and or plantar fasciitis. This is the number one foot condition that a podiatrist will treat. We have a great heel pain primer right on this web site. Rule number one get treatment early. Get involved in your treatment by education yourself.

So see your family podiatrist now!!

Mary S. on 11/10/01 at 01:00 (064585)

So where is the primer. How do I access it?

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/04/01 at 22:30 (064135)

Hi,

Well you have the classic signs of heel spur and or plantar fasciitis. This is the number one foot condition that a podiatrist will treat. We have a great heel pain primer right on this web site. Rule number one get treatment early. Get involved in your treatment by education yourself.

So see your family podiatrist now!!

Mary S. on 11/10/01 at 01:00 (064585)

So where is the primer. How do I access it?