Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

basic articles on feet...make me irritable!

Posted by Carmen H on 11/05/01 at 10:59 (064152)

This is just ridiculous...this was an article on my home page (many of you have it I am sure worldnet.att.net) and it was just sooo basic. They talk about shoes that hurt your feet yadda yadda blah! I mean REALLY if you are going to waste space about an important issue like this talk about it EXTESIVELY...talk about PF and how it affects millions of people's lives EVERY day!
ugh...sorry it's just stupid sometimes the little bit of attention these things get. Now that I am almost moved in and settled I can focus some attention on getting some actual REAL publicity. Even if it is just local...or SOMEthing!

http://www.att.net/channels/women/article.html?SMDOCID=healthscout_2001_10_30_eng-healthscout_daily_eng-healthscout_daily_080202_1693193780762060187

Re: basic articles on feet...make me irritable!

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 14:59 (064164)

Hi Carmen, I sure understand how you feel . When I first got PF I never even heard of it . Now when people asked me what is wrong with my foot I tell them and they have never heard of it either. I take so much time trying to explain what it is ,it is a waste of time. People don't really care . Or they say oh ok and still don't understand. I find myself telling the same people over and over and they still have no clue. It is not their fault by any means , but after saying the same thing over and over again ,it gets on my last nerve.

Now that I have RSD it is even worse to explain .

I agree with 100% when are people going to take us serious ?? Maybe when they get PF then they will learn just like we did .

Dorry to sound so angry .... I am having a real bad pain day ....

My best to you Carmen , I hope you are not doing to much on your feet .

Laurie R

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 15:00 (064165)

Hi Carmen, I sure understand how you feel . When I first got PF I never even heard of it . Now when people asked me what is wrong with my foot I tell them and they have never heard of it either. I take so much time trying to explain what it is ,it is a waste of time. People don't really care . Or they say oh ok and still don't understand. I find myself telling the same people over and over and they still have no clue. It is not their fault by any means , but after saying the same thing over and over again ,it gets on my last nerve.

I agree with 100% when are people going to take us serious ?? Maybe when they get PF then they will learn just like we did .

Sorry to sound so angry .... I am having a real bad pain day ....

Laurie R

Richard, C.Ped on 11/05/01 at 15:00 (064166)

They write so little because their feet are not the ones that are hurting.
Richard

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 15:02 (064167)

Thank you Richard , that is what I was trying to say , when they get PF then they will know how it feels. Laurie ,R

john h on 11/06/01 at 07:47 (064209)

Laurie: Most of the people who really care and understand the pain in your feet are right here on this board.

Richard, C.Ped on 11/06/01 at 09:42 (064224)

I have written articles about foot pain as well as diabetic foot care. You can be limited in the space you are allowed. It can very easy to get straight to the point if you know what you are talking about.
Richard

Kathy G on 11/08/01 at 09:06 (064395)

Oh, how true! We all really take our feet for granted until the day they start to hurt. And that old saying about 'walking a mile in my shoes' can certainly be taken literally when it comes to people with PF and assorted problems! I, too, am just amazed at the lack of articles in magazines, etc. dealing with PF. And the number of people of just stare at you blankly when you say you have it!

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 14:59 (064164)

Dorry to sound so angry .... I am having a real bad pain day ....

Laurie R

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 15:00 (064165)

Sorry to sound so angry .... I am having a real bad pain day ....

Laurie R

Richard, C.Ped on 11/05/01 at 15:00 (064166)

They write so little because their feet are not the ones that are hurting.
Richard

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 15:02 (064167)

Thank you Richard , that is what I was trying to say , when they get PF then they will know how it feels. Laurie ,R

john h on 11/06/01 at 07:47 (064209)

Laurie: Most of the people who really care and understand the pain in your feet are right here on this board.

Richard, C.Ped on 11/06/01 at 09:42 (064224)

I have written articles about foot pain as well as diabetic foot care. You can be limited in the space you are allowed. It can very easy to get straight to the point if you know what you are talking about.
Richard

Kathy G on 11/08/01 at 09:06 (064395)

Oh, how true! We all really take our feet for granted until the day they start to hurt. And that old saying about 'walking a mile in my shoes' can certainly be taken literally when it comes to people with PF and assorted problems! I, too, am just amazed at the lack of articles in magazines, etc. dealing with PF. And the number of people of just stare at you blankly when you say you have it!