Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It is about time, some good news

Posted by Tammie on 11/05/01 at 17:30 (064176)

Today when I woke I was very pleased to see that alot of the swelling in my foot was gone,it was like a normal foot! Now I am not saying that it had no pain but the majority was not there!!!!!The first cortisone shot that I have ever had that might have actually done something good for my foot!!!! I had it fri and the Dr. told me by mon it should feel a bit better and oh my was he on the tract man!!!! I was glowing I am sure.

I had to work today, I was careful to wear my orthodic in the air boot thing and it felt nice not to toe walk and tho the day was long it was better then I had thought it would go! I see some swelling tonight and attacked it with the ice and pray that tomorrow I will wake with the ame happiness as I did today. Oh yes did I say that the sleep last night equaled more then 3 hrs? It did, I just wanted to share my good fortune today as It was a great day for me!

I have to wonder if a special surprise call from a friend or maybe a couple surprise notes of encouragement had anything to do with this happy moment, but what ever it was I am truly thankful and extreamly upbeat with hope AGAIN! Hope all of my friends here had as good of a day I did because boy does it make a difference, it has been 6 mnths since the first surgery and about 9 weeks from the second surgery still hope YES!!!!Hugs to all of u and hope the sun comes out for u to!

Re: It is about time, some good news

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 19:17 (064180)

Dear Tammie , I am so happy for you , You sound so happy . You are a new woman today . Maybe this is what you needed , the cortisone shot does work for some people . I know sometimes their is a lot of people it does not help ,but we must remember the ones it does help ...

Thank you so much for your wonderful post .....

You sure doesever for things to change in a good way .

Much love and here is a extra special hug for you tonight .

(((((((((((((((((TAMMIE))))))))))))))))))))

Laurie R

Re: Yes, and when I got up this morning holding my breath

Tammie on 11/06/01 at 08:02 (064212)

U know the just in case kinda thing, The swelling amazingly, after a full 9 hr work day,stayed to a minimum. I am so happy No the word is not all better no the feet are not totaly better as they tell me this but there is a change that is certain!Am I setting my self up for a disaster of let down, maybe but right now I dont care I will enjoy the moment! The SLEEP oh my I am forgetting what it is like to sleep more then a couple of hours. I better watch it or i might like sleeping to much heheheh!

I feel totaly renewed and refreshed , and entergetic I cant wait as today I will try to do some house things I had been shoving away as I just hurt to bad. I feel like a entergetic whirlwind. I will try to control some of it as I would like to maintain this happiness! Who would think one injection could work this magic? I had had several others thru allof this foot stuff none of them did anything, I wonder why this one did? And I am wondering if this can be forever? I must sound giddy as I write this as I certainly feel it. I keep staring at my much more normal looking foot it is even looking more pretty and not so ugly.

I just want to share so much as those who are in the darkness I had felt I want u to see that please never give up hope even a few days of happiness are worth the effort, at least I hope so! Since for months I have been whining with nothing good it is time I am able to give something positive back. I just hope this is not a dream and I wake up from a jolt, lol a bit of humor there (jolt).Well off I go now as I feel wonderful and I am going to enjoy thease moments,and attack some neglected chores. Hugs to all of u and I pray that each of you finds this joy even if it is for a moment when reading this,as tomorrow it may be u writing us with hope! Thank u friends from my heart thank u so much for helping me thru all of thease tough moments!

JudyS on 11/06/01 at 09:59 (064227)

What great news for you, Tammy! Now you just be careful with doing things around the house, OK? Take it easy!

BrianG on 11/06/01 at 17:55 (064259)

Great news Tammy. I don't think it was the cortisone. Nope, it was the prayers! Keep them coming friends.

BCG

Re: Thank u Brian and

Tammie on 11/06/01 at 18:22 (064262)

A warm Hug to u to!!!!!!!!!!! I will accept all prayers naturally and for the cortisone? Well if it is that I dont really like them but if it works I will take as many as needed!Tomorrow is a work day for me , I have noticed today a bit more discomfort in foot,I am hoping it is the risidual effects of yesterdays work day, and not long lasting.After tomorrow i have 2 days off to recoup before my 2 in a row weekend! This will be the great test.Hugs to u and thanks!

Re: thanks

Tammie on 11/06/01 at 18:23 (064263)

Thank u Judy, u still have the mothering touch lol!I am trying really I am ! Have a good day!

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 19:17 (064180)

Dear Tammie , I am so happy for you , You sound so happy . You are a new woman today . Maybe this is what you needed , the cortisone shot does work for some people . I know sometimes their is a lot of people it does not help ,but we must remember the ones it does help ...

Thank you so much for your wonderful post .....

You sure doesever for things to change in a good way .

Much love and here is a extra special hug for you tonight .

(((((((((((((((((TAMMIE))))))))))))))))))))

Laurie R

Tammie on 11/06/01 at 08:02 (064212)

U know the just in case kinda thing, The swelling amazingly, after a full 9 hr work day,stayed to a minimum. I am so happy No the word is not all better no the feet are not totaly better as they tell me this but there is a change that is certain!Am I setting my self up for a disaster of let down, maybe but right now I dont care I will enjoy the moment! The SLEEP oh my I am forgetting what it is like to sleep more then a couple of hours. I better watch it or i might like sleeping to much heheheh!

I feel totaly renewed and refreshed , and entergetic I cant wait as today I will try to do some house things I had been shoving away as I just hurt to bad. I feel like a entergetic whirlwind. I will try to control some of it as I would like to maintain this happiness! Who would think one injection could work this magic? I had had several others thru allof this foot stuff none of them did anything, I wonder why this one did? And I am wondering if this can be forever? I must sound giddy as I write this as I certainly feel it. I keep staring at my much more normal looking foot it is even looking more pretty and not so ugly.

I just want to share so much as those who are in the darkness I had felt I want u to see that please never give up hope even a few days of happiness are worth the effort, at least I hope so! Since for months I have been whining with nothing good it is time I am able to give something positive back. I just hope this is not a dream and I wake up from a jolt, lol a bit of humor there (jolt).Well off I go now as I feel wonderful and I am going to enjoy thease moments,and attack some neglected chores. Hugs to all of u and I pray that each of you finds this joy even if it is for a moment when reading this,as tomorrow it may be u writing us with hope! Thank u friends from my heart thank u so much for helping me thru all of thease tough moments!

JudyS on 11/06/01 at 09:59 (064227)

What great news for you, Tammy! Now you just be careful with doing things around the house, OK? Take it easy!

BrianG on 11/06/01 at 17:55 (064259)

Great news Tammy. I don't think it was the cortisone. Nope, it was the prayers! Keep them coming friends.

BCG

Re: Thank u Brian and

Tammie on 11/06/01 at 18:22 (064262)

A warm Hug to u to!!!!!!!!!!! I will accept all prayers naturally and for the cortisone? Well if it is that I dont really like them but if it works I will take as many as needed!Tomorrow is a work day for me , I have noticed today a bit more discomfort in foot,I am hoping it is the risidual effects of yesterdays work day, and not long lasting.After tomorrow i have 2 days off to recoup before my 2 in a row weekend! This will be the great test.Hugs to u and thanks!

Re: thanks

Tammie on 11/06/01 at 18:23 (064263)

Thank u Judy, u still have the mothering touch lol!I am trying really I am ! Have a good day!