Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Insurance Coverage

Posted by Ron G on 11/05/01 at 20:19 (064193)

I'm seeing more and more success on getting ESWT covered. I am scheduled for the appeal of my denial next week. What are going to be my best tactics to get the board to reverse it's decision? They denied my coverage based on my insurance doesn't cover experimental procedures. I was going to explain that this procedure is in the FDA investigational category and not experimental. Any other great ideas?

Re: Insurance Coverage

RACHAEL T. on 11/07/01 at 21:49 (064367)

I, too, am anticipating ESWT Ossatron treatment - along with insurance payment difficulty. What ESWT did you receive? Pls. advise me of what you learn along the way towards getting ins. co. to pay for this....I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Insurance Coverage

RACHAEL T. on 11/07/01 at 21:49 (064367)

I, too, am anticipating ESWT Ossatron treatment - along with insurance payment difficulty. What ESWT did you receive? Pls. advise me of what you learn along the way towards getting ins. co. to pay for this....I'd appreciate it. Thanks!