Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

moving day?

Posted by JudyS on 11/05/01 at 20:52 (064196)

Is tomorrow (Tuesday) Nancy S' moving day? I supposed her computer is already packed up.....

Re: moving day? -- yep

nancy s. on 11/05/01 at 21:52 (064201)

outstanding memory, judy!
tomorrow IS moving day. but the whole past 7 to 10 days have felt like moving days -- and there were enough real estate snafus that some days we thought we might be packing up for nothing. i would guess there are about 1,805,925 boxes -- and we're getting up early tomorrow to finish before the movers arrive.

a word of advice: never do two closings in one day! we had the one to sell our house at 1 p.m. today. the buyer's mother, in houston TX, who is helping him buy, decided to make a fuss at the very last second about the closing costs. she had five people at the lawyer's offices on the phone with her trying to explain them, as the minutes ticked by and we twitched and went nuts because our buying closing was scheduled for 3 p.m., ten miles away (too near where M. Atta spent his last night, i might add).
1 p.m. closing finally gets under way at 1:25. then it turns out that money wired from houston last friday night had not yet arrived, and without it we would not get our closing check, without which we couldn't buy our new place at the 3 p.m. closing! stilll following? probably not, and i don't blame you! it was a nightmare! however, i'm starting to get used to being nerve-wracked, and sat tight, and the mother shut up and the wired money arrived, just in time for us to drive wildly across the city and hit our 3 p.m. closing.
after that, we headed down to old orchard beach and spent hours in the dark (power company neglected to turn power on) ripping out all the carpeting in the house, which we discovered only three days ago was filled with cat pee. also listened to the recently-moved-out tenant, who stopped by to talk our ears off for an hour about how he hadn't wanted to leave the house after 14 years of happiness there and letting his cats wreck the place. then we went into our store next door, where phil spent two hours demolishing a huge hideous 1960s counter and removing it from the center of the room. we had to do this right now, because the movers come tomorrow morning, and we are moving into the store until we can completely clean and repaint the house to get rid of the cat odor! i've always wanted to live in a store. heh heh. then it was home to more packing, after discovering two almost completely flat tires on the truck, and now i took a quick peek at the board and was just too tempted to *thrill* you all with the story of my day!
it's a true tale, but NOT a complaint. we feel some nostalgia about leaving our house and barn of 10 years -- but we've already begun to bond with the new place and what we'll do with it, and it was thrilling to look down the street in the dark and know the ocean was right there, and to hear two trains go by as we worked. completely ready and completely happy about this new life starting.
oh yes, my feet are sore -- they've taken a beating, but i've tried to make up for it in rest times, and the feet tell me each day that they plan to survive, so i'm not worried.
what a chatterbox. i have to get up in 6 hours, and i'm not sleepy yet! i'm going to go get sleepy right now. thanks for listening -- have a good week everybody.
all the best from nancy

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 22:17 (064202)

Dear Nnacy , Love your story . You sound so happy , what a great attitude you have. You sure deserve this new life . Sorry you had to go through al the BS today , but I guess you would of not had a storty to tell if you did not ...

Much love to you sweet friend , Laurie R

Julie on 11/06/01 at 03:00 (064207)

Hi Nancy

Happy moving day! I'm so envious of the ocean down the street - and so glad that life is good for you!

Love to you, Julie

Tammie on 11/06/01 at 09:11 (064221)

Oh Nancy I do hope moving day is not to awful for u and that things go much smootherrrrrr then closing day. How wonderful the first day of your new future like the first time across the threshhold new and exciting with hope and promise ! of course it may have to be in your store for a time but oh the adventures u will have and the good laughs later years from now as u sit and remember moving time! Take care and I do wish u the best, take care of those feet tho! Hugs to u

Suzanne D on 11/06/01 at 12:17 (064237)

My very best wishes to you as you make this move, Nancy! It would seem that you have already conquered much, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing the rest of the way! :-) How wonderful to be so near the ocean! I have only seen the ocean a couple of times, but I think it would be quite soothing to look at its vast beauty everyday.

Take care of your feet, and thank you for sharing your story with us!

Re: moving day? -- sounded like my previous owner

LINDA A on 11/06/01 at 17:05 (064254)

he was a very odd man . the house had not been lived in for over a year , but he still had junk in the basement and garage . so on moving day we not on had the pleasure of moving myself in on the famous ' oaks day ' in louisville ky , which i live 5 min away , but we also packed up his junk . i thought this would be the end of him . no way . i saw him another two weeks trying to finish up projects that he said , he promised the realtor . enough was enough i finally had enough of him coming around . all he was doing was talking my ear off . yacky --- yack ( don't come back ). guess what he did come back , 4 months later to give me an extra set of garage keys . good luck nancy ! where is old orchard beach ?

Nancy N on 11/06/01 at 21:25 (064279)

Nancy--

Good luck with your move--it sounds like such a great house for you!! Be sure to take care of yourself through the process, and let us know how you are!

nancy s. on 11/05/01 at 21:52 (064201)

outstanding memory, judy!
tomorrow IS moving day. but the whole past 7 to 10 days have felt like moving days -- and there were enough real estate snafus that some days we thought we might be packing up for nothing. i would guess there are about 1,805,925 boxes -- and we're getting up early tomorrow to finish before the movers arrive.

a word of advice: never do two closings in one day! we had the one to sell our house at 1 p.m. today. the buyer's mother, in houston TX, who is helping him buy, decided to make a fuss at the very last second about the closing costs. she had five people at the lawyer's offices on the phone with her trying to explain them, as the minutes ticked by and we twitched and went nuts because our buying closing was scheduled for 3 p.m., ten miles away (too near where M. Atta spent his last night, i might add).
1 p.m. closing finally gets under way at 1:25. then it turns out that money wired from houston last friday night had not yet arrived, and without it we would not get our closing check, without which we couldn't buy our new place at the 3 p.m. closing! stilll following? probably not, and i don't blame you! it was a nightmare! however, i'm starting to get used to being nerve-wracked, and sat tight, and the mother shut up and the wired money arrived, just in time for us to drive wildly across the city and hit our 3 p.m. closing.
after that, we headed down to old orchard beach and spent hours in the dark (power company neglected to turn power on) ripping out all the carpeting in the house, which we discovered only three days ago was filled with cat pee. also listened to the recently-moved-out tenant, who stopped by to talk our ears off for an hour about how he hadn't wanted to leave the house after 14 years of happiness there and letting his cats wreck the place. then we went into our store next door, where phil spent two hours demolishing a huge hideous 1960s counter and removing it from the center of the room. we had to do this right now, because the movers come tomorrow morning, and we are moving into the store until we can completely clean and repaint the house to get rid of the cat odor! i've always wanted to live in a store. heh heh. then it was home to more packing, after discovering two almost completely flat tires on the truck, and now i took a quick peek at the board and was just too tempted to *thrill* you all with the story of my day!
it's a true tale, but NOT a complaint. we feel some nostalgia about leaving our house and barn of 10 years -- but we've already begun to bond with the new place and what we'll do with it, and it was thrilling to look down the street in the dark and know the ocean was right there, and to hear two trains go by as we worked. completely ready and completely happy about this new life starting.
oh yes, my feet are sore -- they've taken a beating, but i've tried to make up for it in rest times, and the feet tell me each day that they plan to survive, so i'm not worried.
what a chatterbox. i have to get up in 6 hours, and i'm not sleepy yet! i'm going to go get sleepy right now. thanks for listening -- have a good week everybody.
all the best from nancy

Laurie R on 11/05/01 at 22:17 (064202)

Dear Nnacy , Love your story . You sound so happy , what a great attitude you have. You sure deserve this new life . Sorry you had to go through al the BS today , but I guess you would of not had a storty to tell if you did not ...

Much love to you sweet friend , Laurie R

Julie on 11/06/01 at 03:00 (064207)

Hi Nancy

Happy moving day! I'm so envious of the ocean down the street - and so glad that life is good for you!

Love to you, Julie

Tammie on 11/06/01 at 09:11 (064221)

Oh Nancy I do hope moving day is not to awful for u and that things go much smootherrrrrr then closing day. How wonderful the first day of your new future like the first time across the threshhold new and exciting with hope and promise ! of course it may have to be in your store for a time but oh the adventures u will have and the good laughs later years from now as u sit and remember moving time! Take care and I do wish u the best, take care of those feet tho! Hugs to u

Suzanne D on 11/06/01 at 12:17 (064237)

My very best wishes to you as you make this move, Nancy! It would seem that you have already conquered much, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing the rest of the way! :-) How wonderful to be so near the ocean! I have only seen the ocean a couple of times, but I think it would be quite soothing to look at its vast beauty everyday.

Take care of your feet, and thank you for sharing your story with us!

Re: moving day? -- sounded like my previous owner

LINDA A on 11/06/01 at 17:05 (064254)

he was a very odd man . the house had not been lived in for over a year , but he still had junk in the basement and garage . so on moving day we not on had the pleasure of moving myself in on the famous ' oaks day ' in louisville ky , which i live 5 min away , but we also packed up his junk . i thought this would be the end of him . no way . i saw him another two weeks trying to finish up projects that he said , he promised the realtor . enough was enough i finally had enough of him coming around . all he was doing was talking my ear off . yacky --- yack ( don't come back ). guess what he did come back , 4 months later to give me an extra set of garage keys . good luck nancy ! where is old orchard beach ?

Nancy N on 11/06/01 at 21:25 (064279)

Nancy--

Good luck with your move--it sounds like such a great house for you!! Be sure to take care of yourself through the process, and let us know how you are!