Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ed.....recovery time

Posted by wallyh on 11/06/01 at 14:48 (064246)

Hi Ed,

Just keeping you updated, and a question for you too. I am scheduled for a partial release next Wednesday. I would like to know about reasonable recovery time. The company I work for has no light duty for me to return to, so when I return I will have to return to my full time duties which require a lot of walking on hard floors, weight bearing activities and stepping up and down a truck onto pavement. Quite a lot of pounding. I know that post op I have to do a certain amount of therapy, keeping stretched etc. which will probably be done at home, seeing as there is no way to work back slowly into my job. I know this is kind of subjective question, but given the circumstances of my employment and my regimen of home care, what would you consider a reasonable amount of recovery time before I should resume these activities full time, an amount of time that would leave me less prone to re-injury. Thanks for any help, any opinion. My doc said about 6-8 weeks, but there was a case worker from the insurance company breathing down his neck. I lost your e-mail address Ed. If you need my e-mail to answer it's wjh876@hotmail.com .

Thanks again,
Wally

Re: ed.....recovery time

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/06/01 at 20:54 (064272)

Wally:

I think 6 to 8 weeks is a good estimate. Your doc nor yourself are bound to that estimate and it can be revised based on the speed of your recovery.
Ed

Re: ed.....recovery time

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/06/01 at 20:54 (064272)

Wally:

I think 6 to 8 weeks is a good estimate. Your doc nor yourself are bound to that estimate and it can be revised based on the speed of your recovery.
Ed