Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by Marsha S. on 11/06/01 at 22:10 (064284)

HELLO DOCTOR,
I GO TO STEP CLASS BUT HAVE HAD TO STOP BECAUSE OF THE PAIN THAT OCCURS IN THE BACK OF MY HEEL...IT IS SWOLLEN AND KIND OF RED...MY QUESTION IS, COULD THIS BE HEEL SPURS??I HAVE NOT GONE EXERCISING FOR TWO WEEKS AND THE PAIN IS NOT SO BAD BUT IT IS STILL SWOLLEN. CAN YOU HELP ME??I THOUGHT HEEL SPURS WERE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE HEEL> WHEN I SET DOWN I HAVE A THROBING PAIN IN BACK MY HEEL..ANYTHING U CAN TELL ME THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL..THANK YOU SO MUCH..MARSHA S.

Re: heel pain

Peter on 11/07/01 at 20:26 (064352)

Good Evening......

I have heel pain where the bursa sack is inflamed to the point where I have had to have cortisone shots 3 times in the right heel to relieve the pain. It has been to no avail. My right heel is still swollen, tender, and hurts to walk on. Is there any remedy????
My Podiatrist says that one shot works, but I have had 3 already. The time span in between shots is getting shorter and I wonder if I have some other problem with my heel.
The pain radiates around my ankle, heel and achilles tendon. The whole heel seems to be swollen and larger than the left.
Please help.

Respectfully,
Peter

Jam on 11/12/01 at 09:31 (064714)

I am no doctor but yes, heel spurs can be formed on the back of the heel. I know because I have one on each foot, on the back of my heel. They are very painfull, in the morning when first walking and also every time I get out of my car after about a ten minute drive.

Peter on 11/07/01 at 20:26 (064352)

Good Evening......

I have heel pain where the bursa sack is inflamed to the point where I have had to have cortisone shots 3 times in the right heel to relieve the pain. It has been to no avail. My right heel is still swollen, tender, and hurts to walk on. Is there any remedy????
My Podiatrist says that one shot works, but I have had 3 already. The time span in between shots is getting shorter and I wonder if I have some other problem with my heel.
The pain radiates around my ankle, heel and achilles tendon. The whole heel seems to be swollen and larger than the left.
Please help.

Respectfully,
Peter

Jam on 11/12/01 at 09:31 (064714)

I am no doctor but yes, heel spurs can be formed on the back of the heel. I know because I have one on each foot, on the back of my heel. They are very painfull, in the morning when first walking and also every time I get out of my car after about a ten minute drive.