Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

~~~~The Case of the Missing Pictures~~~~

Posted by Necee on 11/06/01 at 23:10 (064286)

Alright, who stole all the pictures! You bring them all back and bring them back now!
I hadn't looked at the gang in a while and decided to see what new faces had been added, well for some reason I can't get the pictures to come up. Is it me or are they really missing?
Necee

Re: Necee

Carmen H on 11/07/01 at 07:32 (064292)

they're there....I can see them on my end...

Re: i rexamine what these hippies look like and the nerd from texas

linda a on 11/07/01 at 17:26 (064335)

refresh my memory were the violent femmes headbangers tex barb ? i went to a catholic school also , but we did not have to study latin . in grade school we went to mass every day . one year i was punished and had to sit w/ the school principal , which was a nun at very back of the pews . i thought my penance would be over at christmas time . it lasted the whole year . sometimes i wonder if she just like my company . ha ha ! during my 8th grade one of the guys knocked over the virgin mary and got expelled from school . i cried for him ( there was no need for that kind of discpline ) . our high school was very small , so it was big surprise going to a public university where they didn't care about you . take care .

Barbara TX on 11/07/01 at 19:55 (064349)

I think that The Femmes were a band to which people 'slam danced,' so, maybe punk? Everyone (but me) was wearing black and jumping on top of each other and off balconies. Lemmings.

Pains me to hear sad stories of Catholic school tortures. They were pretty kind to me, and I deserved all my time in the infamous 'Room 309' for being lippy. It was a large hall where all the pictures of the recent Popes were hung, looking upon you with a sort of tender, wounded shame. All I had to do was do homework in silence for a half hour. I deserved it big-time. At mass (Latin mass, once a week), the priest said 'Oremus' (O - RAY- MOOSE), which means 'let us pray.' I sang (softly, to make my girlfriend laugh) 'O - KAY -MOOSE!' as a response, when everyone is to stand and remain silent. KA-Bam I am rooted out like a truffle by poor Sr. Ursula and justly punished for lippiness. I loved that nun though. She was a saint, although a very bad Latin teacher.

Mea Maxima Culpa! B.

Re: I too survived Catholic schools

Beverly on 11/07/01 at 20:43 (064357)

I too went to Catholic schools... just elementary school.
Of those tender years, I learned three things.

1. Everytime I received Communion, I was racking up Brownie points with God -- that is as long as I let the wafer melt in my mouth and didn't chew it up... Otherwise, I would be 'chewing up Jesus.'
Being an enterprising tyke and wanting to 'bank' extra points, I asked my mother if I could if I could take home a bag of wafers and some Holy Water for good measure. She was not amused.

2. The nuns were determined that the boys and girls never interacted with each other during recess. We lined up in single sex lines and marched in and out of recess. Fraterization was a grave sin. The color red was also known to excite boys and therefore should not be worn.

3. How to 'hold it' until Sister noticed my one finger pointing up in the air with a raised hand. (Maybe it was two fingers. Never could remember if it was one finger for the bathroom and two fingers for a drink of water or vice versa.)

In the 5th grade, Mother decided I needed to go to public school to avoid being too naive. I quickly enjoyed the freedom of public school and promptly joined a 'David Cassidy fan club.'
Beverly

Nancy N on 11/07/01 at 21:04 (064359)

Have you read Frank McCourt's book, Angela's Ashes? The story of his first communion is just hilarious--reminds me a little bit of your story above.

linda A on 11/08/01 at 17:30 (064446)

hello beverly ! i just wrote you down in my notebook ( i write everybody down and there location ). can you give me yours ? i converted in the 5th grade ( was baptist --- went to public school ------ so now here i am at this catholic school ) . first day the priest slammed a boy into the wall at church . what a impression . i did not like communion , still don't unless it is the real bread . i easily choke on things that have peculiar taste . our grade school uniform was maroon ( a deep red color ) . how much do you think this excited them ? there was only 8 boys and 7-9 girls . only had 98 students graduate from highschool . we were told not to wear minskirts under our gowns for graduation ( 1983 ). one girl showed up w/ one on . she did not get to graduate w/ us . i like david cassidy too . i am racking my brain over one of his songs . ' day dream believer ' that's me . linda

Re: Necee

Carmen H on 11/07/01 at 07:32 (064292)

they're there....I can see them on my end...

linda a on 11/07/01 at 17:26 (064335)

refresh my memory were the violent femmes headbangers tex barb ? i went to a catholic school also , but we did not have to study latin . in grade school we went to mass every day . one year i was punished and had to sit w/ the school principal , which was a nun at very back of the pews . i thought my penance would be over at christmas time . it lasted the whole year . sometimes i wonder if she just like my company . ha ha ! during my 8th grade one of the guys knocked over the virgin mary and got expelled from school . i cried for him ( there was no need for that kind of discpline ) . our high school was very small , so it was big surprise going to a public university where they didn't care about you . take care .

Barbara TX on 11/07/01 at 19:55 (064349)

I think that The Femmes were a band to which people 'slam danced,' so, maybe punk? Everyone (but me) was wearing black and jumping on top of each other and off balconies. Lemmings.

Pains me to hear sad stories of Catholic school tortures. They were pretty kind to me, and I deserved all my time in the infamous 'Room 309' for being lippy. It was a large hall where all the pictures of the recent Popes were hung, looking upon you with a sort of tender, wounded shame. All I had to do was do homework in silence for a half hour. I deserved it big-time. At mass (Latin mass, once a week), the priest said 'Oremus' (O - RAY- MOOSE), which means 'let us pray.' I sang (softly, to make my girlfriend laugh) 'O - KAY -MOOSE!' as a response, when everyone is to stand and remain silent. KA-Bam I am rooted out like a truffle by poor Sr. Ursula and justly punished for lippiness. I loved that nun though. She was a saint, although a very bad Latin teacher.

Mea Maxima Culpa! B.

Beverly on 11/07/01 at 20:43 (064357)

I too went to Catholic schools... just elementary school.
Of those tender years, I learned three things.

1. Everytime I received Communion, I was racking up Brownie points with God -- that is as long as I let the wafer melt in my mouth and didn't chew it up... Otherwise, I would be 'chewing up Jesus.'
Being an enterprising tyke and wanting to 'bank' extra points, I asked my mother if I could if I could take home a bag of wafers and some Holy Water for good measure. She was not amused.

2. The nuns were determined that the boys and girls never interacted with each other during recess. We lined up in single sex lines and marched in and out of recess. Fraterization was a grave sin. The color red was also known to excite boys and therefore should not be worn.

3. How to 'hold it' until Sister noticed my one finger pointing up in the air with a raised hand. (Maybe it was two fingers. Never could remember if it was one finger for the bathroom and two fingers for a drink of water or vice versa.)

In the 5th grade, Mother decided I needed to go to public school to avoid being too naive. I quickly enjoyed the freedom of public school and promptly joined a 'David Cassidy fan club.'
Beverly

Nancy N on 11/07/01 at 21:04 (064359)

Have you read Frank McCourt's book, Angela's Ashes? The story of his first communion is just hilarious--reminds me a little bit of your story above.

linda A on 11/08/01 at 17:30 (064446)

hello beverly ! i just wrote you down in my notebook ( i write everybody down and there location ). can you give me yours ? i converted in the 5th grade ( was baptist --- went to public school ------ so now here i am at this catholic school ) . first day the priest slammed a boy into the wall at church . what a impression . i did not like communion , still don't unless it is the real bread . i easily choke on things that have peculiar taste . our grade school uniform was maroon ( a deep red color ) . how much do you think this excited them ? there was only 8 boys and 7-9 girls . only had 98 students graduate from highschool . we were told not to wear minskirts under our gowns for graduation ( 1983 ). one girl showed up w/ one on . she did not get to graduate w/ us . i like david cassidy too . i am racking my brain over one of his songs . ' day dream believer ' that's me . linda