Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie in England

Posted by Carmen H on 11/07/01 at 13:19 (064310)

How are you???

Re: Julie in England

Julie on 11/07/01 at 15:45 (064325)

I'm fine, thanks, Carmen - what about you?

Re: doing better

Carmen H on 11/08/01 at 07:38 (064381)

I am doing much better right now. Due to a caudal Epidural (eased the burning in my lower back and glutes), and the consistent stretching in my hamstrings and feet I am much improved. I had 4 days with NO pain last week.....my feet didn't even tingle! I don't know why but it was nice! Now the pain is at a 2....and I'll take it compared to what I felt before!
Still no real exercise...just stretching and starting Pilates again Monday.
Geting settled in our new house with STEPS and thinking all the walking up and down is helping. The vitamin C and E has helped too for sure!
Iw as glad to start seeing your name again...I know how valuable your help is to people who are suffering.
Glad you are doing well. ;-)

Julie on 11/08/01 at 08:29 (064385)

Hi Carmen - I'm so glad to hear that you're improving. It's a long job, isn't it? I've been skimming the board, though not posting much, and have seen how much help you are giving to people.

Re: I am not sure about that...

Carmen H on 11/08/01 at 15:08 (064426)

I'm really not sure about how much I help but I do offer a word or two sometimes...probably moret han people like. ;-)
Yes it's a long road....I have been through Emg's, NCV's, Somato Sensory test, MRI, Caudal Epidural (WEIRD experience), blood work up the wazoo (not really..they took it from my arm hee hee) and all kinds of crying but am feeling like things are changing for the better right now. I hope it continues.

Suzanne D on 11/08/01 at 16:01 (064436)

Carmen, I am so glad to read posts from you recently telling of your progress and some pain-free days! Whenever I see your wedding pictures on the board, I wish for you improvement and less pain. I have observed your willingness to share information with others and reach out to help them, and I wish for you continued improvement!

Re: Suzanne

Carmen H on 11/09/01 at 07:25 (064472)

That was so nice of you! Thank you! Unfortunately I am going through a bit of a set back but still not as bad as it was....gotta keep the chin up!
Thanks again Suzanne...you are always so encouraging!

Re: Julie in England

Julie on 11/07/01 at 15:45 (064325)

I'm fine, thanks, Carmen - what about you?

Carmen H on 11/08/01 at 07:38 (064381)

I am doing much better right now. Due to a caudal Epidural (eased the burning in my lower back and glutes), and the consistent stretching in my hamstrings and feet I am much improved. I had 4 days with NO pain last week.....my feet didn't even tingle! I don't know why but it was nice! Now the pain is at a 2....and I'll take it compared to what I felt before!
Still no real exercise...just stretching and starting Pilates again Monday.
Geting settled in our new house with STEPS and thinking all the walking up and down is helping. The vitamin C and E has helped too for sure!
Iw as glad to start seeing your name again...I know how valuable your help is to people who are suffering.
Glad you are doing well. ;-)

Julie on 11/08/01 at 08:29 (064385)

Hi Carmen - I'm so glad to hear that you're improving. It's a long job, isn't it? I've been skimming the board, though not posting much, and have seen how much help you are giving to people.

Carmen H on 11/08/01 at 15:08 (064426)

I'm really not sure about how much I help but I do offer a word or two sometimes...probably moret han people like. ;-)
Yes it's a long road....I have been through Emg's, NCV's, Somato Sensory test, MRI, Caudal Epidural (WEIRD experience), blood work up the wazoo (not really..they took it from my arm hee hee) and all kinds of crying but am feeling like things are changing for the better right now. I hope it continues.

Suzanne D on 11/08/01 at 16:01 (064436)

Carmen, I am so glad to read posts from you recently telling of your progress and some pain-free days! Whenever I see your wedding pictures on the board, I wish for you improvement and less pain. I have observed your willingness to share information with others and reach out to help them, and I wish for you continued improvement!

Re: Suzanne

Carmen H on 11/09/01 at 07:25 (064472)

That was so nice of you! Thank you! Unfortunately I am going through a bit of a set back but still not as bad as it was....gotta keep the chin up!
Thanks again Suzanne...you are always so encouraging!