Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

john ----- before eswt did you experience the numbness in feet

Posted by linda a on 11/07/01 at 17:40 (064338)

hello john ! i saw one of your posting to me about how you had the bilateral p.f. and then you went to have the ESWT . before doing that did you start to experience the numbness in the feet , especially around the toes and the burning sensations . it is driving me crazy . remember i had the surgery last yr for both feet open p.f. and t.t.r. ( had numness before the operation ) . after the operation i did not experience any numbness . this feeling only came about around august -sept . i experienced it standing , sitting , driving --pressing on pedal , lying on recliner , and sometimes on bed i can feel it go numb ( i am usually knock out from drugs for bi-polar when i go to sleep ) . the pain doc up the topomax that i am taking for bi-polar ( 330-----to 400 mg did calm me down from mania ) but no sign of nubness going away . started that on thurs . before i had surgery it was really , so bad the fascia was so tight ( i waited too long before i saw a doctor ) . did not know what my problem was . now after the surgery the foot looks the same as it did just as tight . more surgery will aggravate it is what i was told from two diff. pod . linda

Re: john ----- before eswt did you experience the numbness in feet

john h on 11/07/01 at 18:25 (064343)

I have never at any time experienced numbness in either foot Linda. When I first developed PF I did describe a burning sensation to my doctor. As a matter of fact it was summer time and I was running in 100 degree weather on hot pavement and I thought the heat from the pavement was causing the burning. I tried to run through all the sprinkler puddles I could find. The burning eventually turned into a pain that was not a burning pain but one that was very localized where the PF attaches to the heel on the inside of the foot ( the classic spot for PF pain).

Re: i remember doing that trick of pass the fire dept hose

linda a on 11/08/01 at 02:18 (064374)

it the lousiville marathon in april . very stupid of , because my shoes became water log . very hard to pick up . i was so hot thogh coming out of the hot and humid park . have a good day john !

Mary Lamb on 11/08/01 at 13:29 (064413)

Linda a
I had ESWT and after 6 months I have numbness in my feet. While driving I have to use cruise cuz i can not feel my foot on the pedal. ESWT would have been better expect I returned to full-time work as a nurse. my first big mistake, then sustained another injury to my feet moving heavy patient;s bed. So now, i have loss my job and my life is on hold waiting to find a job i can do
without using my feet.
Mary Lamb

Re: hello mary ! yes i know what you mean about moving heavy pt's beds

linda A on 11/08/01 at 17:06 (064443)

what part of the usa are you from ? i am from louisville , ky . i work at audubon hospital in surgery dept . talk about heavy lifting try flipping pt's over on o.r. tables on back braces when we due back surgery . if you don't have any male PCA in the room , you are out of luck . better hope you got the surgeon helping you ( usually not the case ) . one day we were transfering a pt from one o.r.table to another o.r.table . , when the o.r.table raised up and came down on my foot ( talk about the words that came out of my mouth **** ) at least the pt was a sleep . i finally got tired of missing around w/ employee health . i was already working on it that same day and employee health wanted me to schedule appt to see them every week or so . they were located downtown and i hated going there , so i finally said it was okay ( and the bruise finally did heal ) . . now days nurses and pca are not covered if they push a bed by theirselves ( that was something i never did ) . workmans comp will not cover you , that is what is being told to our employees . some of our guys do that crazy stuff and then they wonder why their backs are hurting . is your last name really LAMB ? take care mary . linda a

john h on 11/07/01 at 18:25 (064343)

I have never at any time experienced numbness in either foot Linda. When I first developed PF I did describe a burning sensation to my doctor. As a matter of fact it was summer time and I was running in 100 degree weather on hot pavement and I thought the heat from the pavement was causing the burning. I tried to run through all the sprinkler puddles I could find. The burning eventually turned into a pain that was not a burning pain but one that was very localized where the PF attaches to the heel on the inside of the foot ( the classic spot for PF pain).

Re: i remember doing that trick of pass the fire dept hose

linda a on 11/08/01 at 02:18 (064374)

it the lousiville marathon in april . very stupid of , because my shoes became water log . very hard to pick up . i was so hot thogh coming out of the hot and humid park . have a good day john !

Mary Lamb on 11/08/01 at 13:29 (064413)

Linda a
I had ESWT and after 6 months I have numbness in my feet. While driving I have to use cruise cuz i can not feel my foot on the pedal. ESWT would have been better expect I returned to full-time work as a nurse. my first big mistake, then sustained another injury to my feet moving heavy patient;s bed. So now, i have loss my job and my life is on hold waiting to find a job i can do
without using my feet.
Mary Lamb

Re: hello mary ! yes i know what you mean about moving heavy pt's beds

linda A on 11/08/01 at 17:06 (064443)

what part of the usa are you from ? i am from louisville , ky . i work at audubon hospital in surgery dept . talk about heavy lifting try flipping pt's over on o.r. tables on back braces when we due back surgery . if you don't have any male PCA in the room , you are out of luck . better hope you got the surgeon helping you ( usually not the case ) . one day we were transfering a pt from one o.r.table to another o.r.table . , when the o.r.table raised up and came down on my foot ( talk about the words that came out of my mouth **** ) at least the pt was a sleep . i finally got tired of missing around w/ employee health . i was already working on it that same day and employee health wanted me to schedule appt to see them every week or so . they were located downtown and i hated going there , so i finally said it was okay ( and the bruise finally did heal ) . . now days nurses and pca are not covered if they push a bed by theirselves ( that was something i never did ) . workmans comp will not cover you , that is what is being told to our employees . some of our guys do that crazy stuff and then they wonder why their backs are hurting . is your last name really LAMB ? take care mary . linda a