Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

burning feet

Posted by Diane R on 11/07/01 at 18:23 (064342)

My pain is almost gone these days but the bottoms (and sometimes the tops) of my feet burn almost continuously. Sometimes it is quite severe. It also feels like I'm having small cramps in the bottoms of my feet or maybe like something is always moving around in there. This is not painful just annoying. Are these signs of healing? I don't remember the burning being this bad when my feet were really hurting but maybe I was just in such pain that I didn't notice it.

Re: burning feet

Carole C on 11/07/01 at 20:33 (064356)

I'm new to all this, so I don't know the answer to your question. I don't feel burning in my feet, though I do feel a lot of pain if I do something rash and precipitous, like, get out of bed in the morning! LOL Oh well. I'm not as bad off as most who are here, I suspect.

Deficiency of one of the B vitamins can result in burning sensations in your feet. It might be a good idea to take a multivitamin every day if you aren't doing so at present, just to play it safe.

Carole

Re: Diane

Carmen H on 11/08/01 at 07:35 (064380)

Hi Diane~

I don't really have the 'answer' for you but I used to experience the burning pain as well and found that a couple things could be happening. One you could have a nerve compression or entrapment problem in your back or feet, or it could be just plain old PF or a more serious thing called Erythmyalgia (sp?) but that is a long shot and a rare thing. It's more than likely not a deficiency as you have been experiencing PF anyway I would say it's related to your PF problem. BUT it never hurts to get a def. test at your doctor.
The burning in my feet lasted about 4 months and one morning POOF! It disappeared. The pain was completely gone for 4 days but slowly returned like an old 'friend' but not NEARLY as bad as it was. It used to be an 8-10 and now it's a 2 so I am grateful for any progress. Do your feet change colors or swell? Try ice to ease the burning...it could be just inflammation. Good Luck!

Kathy G on 11/08/01 at 09:02 (064391)

One of my major symptoms, a sort of precursor to developing heel pain, was intense burning in my arches. You're right; it's not the same as the heel pain of PF but it is annoying and uncomfortable. My Podiatrist said that it is a symptom displayed by some, but not most, people with PF. He suggested icing it, which I didn't think helped that much, but I did it. Mainly I have learned to live with it and sometimes it dissipates at night, which is nice.

Wasn't it nice in the old days when we all took walking and standing in comfort for granted?

Carole C on 11/07/01 at 20:33 (064356)

I'm new to all this, so I don't know the answer to your question. I don't feel burning in my feet, though I do feel a lot of pain if I do something rash and precipitous, like, get out of bed in the morning! LOL Oh well. I'm not as bad off as most who are here, I suspect.

Deficiency of one of the B vitamins can result in burning sensations in your feet. It might be a good idea to take a multivitamin every day if you aren't doing so at present, just to play it safe.

Carole

Re: Diane

Carmen H on 11/08/01 at 07:35 (064380)

Hi Diane~

I don't really have the 'answer' for you but I used to experience the burning pain as well and found that a couple things could be happening. One you could have a nerve compression or entrapment problem in your back or feet, or it could be just plain old PF or a more serious thing called Erythmyalgia (sp?) but that is a long shot and a rare thing. It's more than likely not a deficiency as you have been experiencing PF anyway I would say it's related to your PF problem. BUT it never hurts to get a def. test at your doctor.
The burning in my feet lasted about 4 months and one morning POOF! It disappeared. The pain was completely gone for 4 days but slowly returned like an old 'friend' but not NEARLY as bad as it was. It used to be an 8-10 and now it's a 2 so I am grateful for any progress. Do your feet change colors or swell? Try ice to ease the burning...it could be just inflammation. Good Luck!

Kathy G on 11/08/01 at 09:02 (064391)

One of my major symptoms, a sort of precursor to developing heel pain, was intense burning in my arches. You're right; it's not the same as the heel pain of PF but it is annoying and uncomfortable. My Podiatrist said that it is a symptom displayed by some, but not most, people with PF. He suggested icing it, which I didn't think helped that much, but I did it. Mainly I have learned to live with it and sometimes it dissipates at night, which is nice.

Wasn't it nice in the old days when we all took walking and standing in comfort for granted?