Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

carmen h------ my other california friend// how are my northern friends dealing w/ the cold wheather ( burrr!!!!!)

Posted by linda a on 11/08/01 at 02:36 (064376)

laurie never teases me about the wheather . she is from san francisco area . where exzctly are you from . somebody said that you just moved . how is zoe doing ? my throat is soar and i just know i am coming down w/ something . i just went out to buy those 99 cents stretchy gloves , so my cold hands would not stick to the steering wheel . this weeek began to scrap off the frost . have not bought a electric garage opener for the garage door . the gargage is not attach to the house . this is the only time you will hear me complain . i hate the cold . i don't even complain about my feet , but when it comes down to the whether just look out . my bones begins to ache ( i am only 36 ) . so , how does ellen and wendy from NY & NJ , wendyn from canada , brian , and the rest of the northerners put up w/ it . now you southerners just indulge me w/ the temp right now . tex barb and necee you also write back . i used to rent out summer videos to marm me up . ha ha !!!! better get clean up for work 3:30 am . linda

Re: carmen h------ my other california friend// how are my northern friends dealing w/ the cold wheather ( burrr!!!!!)

wendyn on 11/08/01 at 07:56 (064382)

We've been very fotunate so far this year. This year the temp is only still dropping to freezing and down to about -10 to -14 C. This I can handle. It's the -20, -25, -30,-35 stuff that I can't handle.

When it's like that - you just go outside as little as humanly possible.

Re: Hi Linda

Carmen H on 11/08/01 at 15:01 (064423)

Well let me just tell you this....my husband and I have had a couple of arguements about the temperature of our new home since we moved.....
I told him it's no wonder the last owners didn't have a dog....it would have frozen to death!
My bulldog sleeps with his little feet all tucked under his big belly. Thanks for asking about Zoe...she was actually to the vet yesterday for more glucose curves and is still high but we are keeping a close eye on her and keeping her on her shots.
She acts fine though...how is your cat??
Are you adjusting?
The weather is 75 today but plummeting into the 40s tonight. br.
I don't miss Minnesota COLD but I do miss the place.

Re: carmen h

linda A on 11/08/01 at 16:27 (064440)

i am confused . what this about minnesota . i thought you lived in california . so when somebody talk about you moving , i thought you were moving across town . give me the facts again . i know about zoe . did not know about the bulldog that was a secret . did know about the hubby ( noname for him yet ) . are you a past hippie like brian and the rest of the crew , except for the wild concert swinging flute player texas barb . ha ha !!!! i always wanted to play the sax . well had to sprinkle some flea powder on chico 2 days ago ( still has a few fleas on him ) . will shampoo him on sat , then apply biospot one more time afterwards . during my mania phase i was teaching him numbers ( # 4 ) , classical music , and history facts . i believed there was not enough time devoted to the cat ( too much was for the dolphin and the dog ) . now my cat wanted to be left alone . he didn't just wanted to sleep by the floor register . silly cat . we had lots of work to do . the 4000mg topomax have brought me down from saturn at least that is what the therapist told me today . linda

Re: Linda

Carmen H on 11/09/01 at 08:27 (064480)

I live in Georgia but was raised in Minne. Not sure where CA. came from?
My husband's name is Toby.....sounds like the cat is getting good love...keep stroking his ear...they are the best friends you can have.

Re: carmen h------ my other california friend// how are my northern friends dealing w/ the cold wheather ( burrr!!!!!)

wendyn on 11/08/01 at 07:56 (064382)

We've been very fotunate so far this year. This year the temp is only still dropping to freezing and down to about -10 to -14 C. This I can handle. It's the -20, -25, -30,-35 stuff that I can't handle.

When it's like that - you just go outside as little as humanly possible.

Re: Hi Linda

Carmen H on 11/08/01 at 15:01 (064423)

Well let me just tell you this....my husband and I have had a couple of arguements about the temperature of our new home since we moved.....
I told him it's no wonder the last owners didn't have a dog....it would have frozen to death!
My bulldog sleeps with his little feet all tucked under his big belly. Thanks for asking about Zoe...she was actually to the vet yesterday for more glucose curves and is still high but we are keeping a close eye on her and keeping her on her shots.
She acts fine though...how is your cat??
Are you adjusting?
The weather is 75 today but plummeting into the 40s tonight. br.
I don't miss Minnesota COLD but I do miss the place.

Re: carmen h

linda A on 11/08/01 at 16:27 (064440)

i am confused . what this about minnesota . i thought you lived in california . so when somebody talk about you moving , i thought you were moving across town . give me the facts again . i know about zoe . did not know about the bulldog that was a secret . did know about the hubby ( noname for him yet ) . are you a past hippie like brian and the rest of the crew , except for the wild concert swinging flute player texas barb . ha ha !!!! i always wanted to play the sax . well had to sprinkle some flea powder on chico 2 days ago ( still has a few fleas on him ) . will shampoo him on sat , then apply biospot one more time afterwards . during my mania phase i was teaching him numbers ( # 4 ) , classical music , and history facts . i believed there was not enough time devoted to the cat ( too much was for the dolphin and the dog ) . now my cat wanted to be left alone . he didn't just wanted to sleep by the floor register . silly cat . we had lots of work to do . the 4000mg topomax have brought me down from saturn at least that is what the therapist told me today . linda

Re: Linda

Carmen H on 11/09/01 at 08:27 (064480)

I live in Georgia but was raised in Minne. Not sure where CA. came from?
My husband's name is Toby.....sounds like the cat is getting good love...keep stroking his ear...they are the best friends you can have.