Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hell spurs

Posted by Mary Lamb on 11/08/01 at 13:22 (064412)

I call my heel spurs by their true feeling 'hell spurs'. They have put my life & career on hold and my checkbook thur hell.
I loss my job because I can not preform all the physical requirments of my job as a Registered Nurse. And my employer wil
not give me lighter duties within the nursing scope. How has your heel spurs affected your live? Give me some feedback!

Re: hell spurs

Barbara TX on 11/08/01 at 14:20 (064419)

Mary - I think you'll find that this varies a bit, but lots of us have been deeply affected, some going on disability. I am lucky because I can stay at home and my husband is the wage-slave around here, but many people lose their livelyhoods and businesses. It is a hard time, but I am inspired to hear the stories of those who need to drop everything, and then get better and return to doing what they love. Hope your time comes soon! B.

wallyh on 11/08/01 at 14:44 (064421)

Mary..for ten years..walking like a ballerina, cortisone, orthotics, lots of new shoes, misunderstanding, people doubting my integrity, insurance battles, bad doctors, good doctors, and this web site which has been so helpful in providing more information and in most cases concurring opinions, with the two doctor's opinions I have received. It's just good to know you're not alone sometimes. Fortunately, my injury is work related and a compensable one, (which was a fairly drawn out battle),so I have been able to keep my head above water. There have been times where I have been symptom free, and times I couldn't walk. I've made the decision to have surgery, and I'm hoping for the best. Hang in there, and good luck to you.

Wally

Jane S on 11/09/01 at 21:50 (064565)

Let's just put it this way....I'm calling it 'hell spurs' from now on!!! Good name for it....I'm a stay at home mom and it is affecting my volunteer work with my children at school right down to taking my son a drink of water upstairs to his bed....because I can't take the stairs one more time....all he says is .....Mom....when are your feet gonna get better...it breaks my heart.

Barbara TX on 11/10/01 at 10:55 (064610)

Jane - hear you. Accepting the fact that this is going to change your life for a year or more is the hardest thing, but you have to do it to get better. That means maybe modifying your life to give yourself more rest. Are you doing that? Or thinking about how you might? I understand it is hard. I have two little ones I stay home with. I just have to move past the fact that I'm not the kind of mom theyh are used too, and be the best mom I can. I think they are more self-sufficent and compassionate because of my injury.

There was a woman who posted here who liked the Heel Huggers very much. Do a search on that product and you will get results.

All the best - B.

Barbara TX on 11/08/01 at 14:20 (064419)

Mary - I think you'll find that this varies a bit, but lots of us have been deeply affected, some going on disability. I am lucky because I can stay at home and my husband is the wage-slave around here, but many people lose their livelyhoods and businesses. It is a hard time, but I am inspired to hear the stories of those who need to drop everything, and then get better and return to doing what they love. Hope your time comes soon! B.

wallyh on 11/08/01 at 14:44 (064421)

Mary..for ten years..walking like a ballerina, cortisone, orthotics, lots of new shoes, misunderstanding, people doubting my integrity, insurance battles, bad doctors, good doctors, and this web site which has been so helpful in providing more information and in most cases concurring opinions, with the two doctor's opinions I have received. It's just good to know you're not alone sometimes. Fortunately, my injury is work related and a compensable one, (which was a fairly drawn out battle),so I have been able to keep my head above water. There have been times where I have been symptom free, and times I couldn't walk. I've made the decision to have surgery, and I'm hoping for the best. Hang in there, and good luck to you.

Wally

Jane S on 11/09/01 at 21:50 (064565)

Let's just put it this way....I'm calling it 'hell spurs' from now on!!! Good name for it....I'm a stay at home mom and it is affecting my volunteer work with my children at school right down to taking my son a drink of water upstairs to his bed....because I can't take the stairs one more time....all he says is .....Mom....when are your feet gonna get better...it breaks my heart.

Barbara TX on 11/10/01 at 10:55 (064610)

Jane - hear you. Accepting the fact that this is going to change your life for a year or more is the hardest thing, but you have to do it to get better. That means maybe modifying your life to give yourself more rest. Are you doing that? Or thinking about how you might? I understand it is hard. I have two little ones I stay home with. I just have to move past the fact that I'm not the kind of mom theyh are used too, and be the best mom I can. I think they are more self-sufficent and compassionate because of my injury.

There was a woman who posted here who liked the Heel Huggers very much. Do a search on that product and you will get results.

All the best - B.