Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Irritability after Nerve Conduction Study

Posted by Carol C on 11/08/01 at 20:18 (064456)

Has anyone experienced irritability in the foot following a nerve conduction study for TTS? I had a nerve conduction study today, that
was positive for TTS (This was a repeat, original test negative three months ago) and after this test, my foot is extremely sensitive tonight.
Just curious is others have had similiar experiences.

Thanks !

Re: yes

elliott on 11/09/01 at 08:37 (064483)

Supposedly totally normal reaction, should last only a day or two, a week at most. When I asked him about it, my respected neuroelectrodiagnostician (that's what it says on his card :-)) who tested me claims there is no proof anywhere that lasting damage can be done from the test. He gave some technical reason for feeling it, something to do with a temporary chemical reaction to the electric charges.

Carol C on 11/09/01 at 19:42 (064550)

Thanks for the feedback...this entire thing of TTS is enough to make one think they are insane. The sensitivity, tingling and foot pain is crazy and when they can't 'document' the findings with the nerve conduction study, you begin to believe you are crazy. As rediculious as it seems, I
am almost glad that the nerve conduction study is positive this time. At
least it gives some validity to all the whining I have done over the past
couple of months. Now, back to the Ortho doc to see what the next step
will be in this process.

Re: Irritability after Nerve Conduction Study

rich c on 11/15/01 at 19:41 (064849)

to carol c
yes but the opposite occured. it felt almost better. doc said that it is because the nerve was stimulated

Ron B on 1/06/02 at 12:14 (068954)

Yes! I went to my neurologist with a tingling in one foot. After the test I was not able to walk and I have not been the same since (8 months later)... I now have full blown TTS in both feet that I believe was in part agrivated by the nerve conduction test! Have your feet gotten any better?

elliott on 11/09/01 at 08:37 (064483)

Supposedly totally normal reaction, should last only a day or two, a week at most. When I asked him about it, my respected neuroelectrodiagnostician (that's what it says on his card :-)) who tested me claims there is no proof anywhere that lasting damage can be done from the test. He gave some technical reason for feeling it, something to do with a temporary chemical reaction to the electric charges.

Carol C on 11/09/01 at 19:42 (064550)

Thanks for the feedback...this entire thing of TTS is enough to make one think they are insane. The sensitivity, tingling and foot pain is crazy and when they can't 'document' the findings with the nerve conduction study, you begin to believe you are crazy. As rediculious as it seems, I
am almost glad that the nerve conduction study is positive this time. At
least it gives some validity to all the whining I have done over the past
couple of months. Now, back to the Ortho doc to see what the next step
will be in this process.

rich c on 11/15/01 at 19:41 (064849)

to carol c
yes but the opposite occured. it felt almost better. doc said that it is because the nerve was stimulated

Ron B on 1/06/02 at 12:14 (068954)

Yes! I went to my neurologist with a tingling in one foot. After the test I was not able to walk and I have not been the same since (8 months later)... I now have full blown TTS in both feet that I believe was in part agrivated by the nerve conduction test! Have your feet gotten any better?