Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

wendyn & others: supportive but sexy dress shoes?

Posted by elliott on 11/09/01 at 07:58 (064474)

I recall you were on the lookout for such shoes. I just got a catalog yesterday in the mail from Sierra Trading Post, a company which sells other company's overstocks at big discount. I already bought from them two pairs of Birkenstock Atlantas w/nubuck leather for $59.95 each. Anyway, on the first inside page of the catalog is a women's dress shoe that claimed to have some support. Here's the web link to the shoe:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.asp?mscssid=TPGQ9J1NAESR2GQA0G0KN0SFNHR97NR7

Great price, and IMHO doesn't look too bad either. I won't bet any money on it working for the heelspurs.com crowd (safer to bet against :-)), but might be worth the risk of the return shipping charges. Who knows? Maybe it will be good enough to hold up for an occasional night out. (If anyone orders, my experience has been that if you do it by phone and pay $1.50 or so extra upgraded shipping, you get it in 4 days. If you order by internet and use the cheapest shipping, it takes 3 weeks.)

There's also loads of other sandals at this site (home page is

http://www.sierratradingpost.com

and they have loads of other shoes of possible interest here, e.g. Dansko clogs reduced 40%, Birkenstock etc.)

Re: first link didn't take

elliott on 11/09/01 at 08:03 (064475)

(Scott, what gives?)

Go to the home page (the second link), page down a drop, and in the bottom left section titled PRODUCT FINDER, click on ITEM NUMBER. Type in 62694 and it will bring it up.

Re: or even simpler...

elliott on 11/09/01 at 08:07 (064477)

just type in 62694 in the box in first link.

(Scott, in general it seems totally unpredictable what will happen when we post a link.)

Re: wendyn & others: supportive but sexy dress shoes?

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/09/01 at 16:55 (064535)

A very stylish, supportive dress shoe designed to accept orthotics is the Munro line available at Nordstrom Dept. Store.
Ed

scott r on 11/09/01 at 18:56 (064549)

elliot, links work well if an @ symbol is not in it. the problem in your previous post was that the other website changed. You'll notice it gives a different address for that product now.

elliott on 11/09/01 at 08:03 (064475)

(Scott, what gives?)

Go to the home page (the second link), page down a drop, and in the bottom left section titled PRODUCT FINDER, click on ITEM NUMBER. Type in 62694 and it will bring it up.

Re: or even simpler...

elliott on 11/09/01 at 08:07 (064477)

just type in 62694 in the box in first link.

(Scott, in general it seems totally unpredictable what will happen when we post a link.)

Re: wendyn & others: supportive but sexy dress shoes?

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/09/01 at 16:55 (064535)

A very stylish, supportive dress shoe designed to accept orthotics is the Munro line available at Nordstrom Dept. Store.
Ed

scott r on 11/09/01 at 18:56 (064549)

elliot, links work well if an @ symbol is not in it. the problem in your previous post was that the other website changed. You'll notice it gives a different address for that product now.