Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to Tammie: SOCK HOPS and the beginning of PF?! :-)

Posted by Suzanne D on 11/10/01 at 10:17 (064599)

Tammie, I posted under yours below concerning the 'Funky Chicken' and wanted to make sure you see it as it is 'quite a ways down' in the posts. Your comments made me think back to my junior high days and our 'Sock Hops'. Can you imagine what that would do to our feet now?! :-)

Re: to Tammie: SOCK HOPS and the beginning of PF?! :-)

Tammie on 11/11/01 at 20:11 (064700)

Hello , Yes those were the days for sure! Now I wasnt quite in the sock hop days but close I graduated in 77 and was 17 then so I think I just missed them.But yes the things we did barefooted, gosh half time I never wore shoes at all I mean there were 5 kids money tight and well we ran around barefoot allot ! Who knows what was the start of all thease foot troubles I wonder if it is ever known? I am about as flatfooted as u get and always have been but never new it was a problem, I loved the el cheepo shoes the cutsie plain white cheap tennys , I even wore them for years at work nursing .

Crazy I should have known better I kinda think that was a big no no, and I warn all girls now buy good shoes protect those feet so u are not like me . They call me peg leg , I tell them cause I was not smart enough to take care of feet and wer good shoes.Well I do hope u are doing well and that u enjoyed your weekend . I am done with my 2 day and off tomorrow ! I am happy to rest the foot. Take care and hugs to u!

Re: to Tammie: SOCK HOPS and the beginning of PF?! :-)

Tammie on 11/11/01 at 20:11 (064700)

Hello , Yes those were the days for sure! Now I wasnt quite in the sock hop days but close I graduated in 77 and was 17 then so I think I just missed them.But yes the things we did barefooted, gosh half time I never wore shoes at all I mean there were 5 kids money tight and well we ran around barefoot allot ! Who knows what was the start of all thease foot troubles I wonder if it is ever known? I am about as flatfooted as u get and always have been but never new it was a problem, I loved the el cheepo shoes the cutsie plain white cheap tennys , I even wore them for years at work nursing .

Crazy I should have known better I kinda think that was a big no no, and I warn all girls now buy good shoes protect those feet so u are not like me . They call me peg leg , I tell them cause I was not smart enough to take care of feet and wer good shoes.Well I do hope u are doing well and that u enjoyed your weekend . I am done with my 2 day and off tomorrow ! I am happy to rest the foot. Take care and hugs to u!