Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Been a long time!!

Posted by Pat M. on 11/10/01 at 13:24 (064614)

It's been a very long time since I posted, but after reading about the surgeries I just had to. I had my surgery on August 2, 2000. Six months after surgery, I would not have recomended it to anyone. (Partial facial release and heal spur removal.) By the time school started again in August of this year I felt like a new woman. I do pretty much wear only New Balance shoes and I still get stiff after a LOT of walking, but I am having so few problems now that it is wonderful. I know that surgery is not for everyone, but it really helped me. I had to be very patient, though.
Good luck to everyone.

Re: Been a long time!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/10/01 at 14:44 (064618)

Hi,

Good point that in some cases it can take up to six months plus for pain to go aways with any type of plantar fascia release with or without heel spurs removal. Some patients will get pain relieve withs weeks, some with months, some six months or more and some well the pain will increase and get worse. The last is why we try to avoid heel spur surgery and is why I like ESWT before heel surgery

Re: Been a long time!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/10/01 at 14:44 (064618)

Hi,

Good point that in some cases it can take up to six months plus for pain to go aways with any type of plantar fascia release with or without heel spurs removal. Some patients will get pain relieve withs weeks, some with months, some six months or more and some well the pain will increase and get worse. The last is why we try to avoid heel spur surgery and is why I like ESWT before heel surgery