Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Boot For Inflamed PF and Weak Tendon

Posted by Angie on 11/10/01 at 22:43 (064648)

Hi Doctors . I have had PF for 17 months. I saw am Orthopedic Surgeon a week ago and he found I have a very week and inflamed Posterior Tendon. My foot does does swell on the inside arch when I walk and my orthotic seems to press right on it making it worse.
The Dr. has put me in a boot for 12 weeks and wants me to wear it 24 hours. He said I can take it off to shower. I am finding that I am having a lot of pain in my spine. I feel this is from walking lopesided as the walking boot is much higher than my regular shoe. It is also very heavy. I have been through the regement of treatments except for this boot. He said to rest the foot and the inflamation will go down. I want it to work, but my spine is realy aching. What can I do? Wht is the success rate with the boot?

Re: Boot For Inflamed PF and Weak Tendon

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/11/01 at 08:40 (064660)

Hi,

May want to discuss the use of an arizona ankle foot orthosis. This is a brace that fits into a comfort shoe and can be very effective for posterior tibial tendonits such as you describe.

matts on 11/11/01 at 11:16 (064670)

I am not a doctor, but have worn a boot. You might try to find some shoe for the other foot that will even you out when you walk. If you have an orthotic, you could try it in the shoe, it might be enough to even things out, also.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/11/01 at 08:40 (064660)

Hi,

May want to discuss the use of an arizona ankle foot orthosis. This is a brace that fits into a comfort shoe and can be very effective for posterior tibial tendonits such as you describe.

matts on 11/11/01 at 11:16 (064670)

I am not a doctor, but have worn a boot. You might try to find some shoe for the other foot that will even you out when you walk. If you have an orthotic, you could try it in the shoe, it might be enough to even things out, also.