Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Taping Question...

Posted by Jam on 11/12/01 at 09:38 (064716)

I'm new here and have read a few post about taping the bottom of your feet for pain relif.

My question, does taping have any effect if you have spurs on the backs of your heels? I have a spur on the back of each of my heels and have a great pain every morning when I wake up and also after a drive in the car.
My doctor recommended heel lifts and streching, both of which have resulted in some relief but NOT ENOUGH. This has been going on for about a year now and I am still in pain.

Re: Taping Question...

Jam on 11/18/01 at 03:10 (064927)

Wheres the love?

scott r on 11/18/01 at 06:13 (064928)

jam, your question didn't get much attention because the message board went through an overhaul the day before you posted. Taping on the front of the foot won't help and may hurt a spur on the back of the heel. The skin on the back has to move so much I don't think you can tape on the back, but if you can it should help ease the pain.

Jam on 11/18/01 at 03:10 (064927)

Wheres the love?

scott r on 11/18/01 at 06:13 (064928)

jam, your question didn't get much attention because the message board went through an overhaul the day before you posted. Taping on the front of the foot won't help and may hurt a spur on the back of the heel. The skin on the back has to move so much I don't think you can tape on the back, but if you can it should help ease the pain.