Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

any comments about the new design?

Posted by scott r on 11/13/01 at 17:16 (064756)

Any comments about the message board design? Complaints, suggestions, etc? Hopefully this overhaul will last a long time, have few bugs, and make it where I can work on it more easily. Seems kind of dead around here.

Re: any comments about the new design?

nancy s. on 11/13/01 at 19:43 (064760)

well, i like it. it's very neat, as in orderly. i also like not having to click and go elsewhere to read social/support posts -- gives me pleasant deja vu, like the good old days, the last century.
and is there now automatically a space between the name/subject/etc. and the text of the post? much easier to read.
thanks, scott.

Richard, C.Ped on 11/14/01 at 09:56 (064776)

I like it. It would be cool if you could have midi music in the background such as 'Walking on Sunshine' or 'Walk this Way'. Ha ha.
Impossible...I know...but it would be cool... :-)
Richard

JoAnn Fl on 11/14/01 at 13:13 (064783)

I have a suggestion..... you could add a 'last reply' date after the view thread, so we wll know if there as been any new ideas added to the post. Or, like some message boards I've seen... the thread moves to the top when someone replys.

Nancy N on 11/14/01 at 16:45 (064797)

Scott--

Along that line, I know the old format used to show the number of replies in parentheses--could that be restored? It was very useful for giving a sense of whether new posts might have been added.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/14/01 at 22:38 (064807)

Scott:

The new design looks more streamlined but it takes a lot longer to scan than when all the posts and responses were listed. Why mess with success?
I like the old format better.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/14/01 at 22:40 (064808)

PS:
Keep in mind that fewer 'clicks' are better. Particularly for those who don't have broadband.
Ed

scott r on 11/15/01 at 14:49 (064833)

thanks for feedback on the design. as I wrote before, replying to old messages which are more likely to be on the second page will cause a new thread because i made an error in the transfer. the old design was broke because it made people lose hard-typed messages, overloaded the server with too many files, and made orders that were placed get lost. except for minor cosmetic changes that have illicited a compliment or two, it is the same message board design.

scott r on 11/15/01 at 14:54 (064834)

nancy, i deleted the number counting routine because it complicated the program and required some memory. it also 'cluttered' the index a little by making people wondered what it was.

nancy s. on 11/13/01 at 19:43 (064760)

well, i like it. it's very neat, as in orderly. i also like not having to click and go elsewhere to read social/support posts -- gives me pleasant deja vu, like the good old days, the last century.
and is there now automatically a space between the name/subject/etc. and the text of the post? much easier to read.
thanks, scott.

Richard, C.Ped on 11/14/01 at 09:56 (064776)

I like it. It would be cool if you could have midi music in the background such as 'Walking on Sunshine' or 'Walk this Way'. Ha ha.
Impossible...I know...but it would be cool... :-)
Richard

JoAnn Fl on 11/14/01 at 13:13 (064783)

I have a suggestion..... you could add a 'last reply' date after the view thread, so we wll know if there as been any new ideas added to the post. Or, like some message boards I've seen... the thread moves to the top when someone replys.

Nancy N on 11/14/01 at 16:45 (064797)

Scott--

Along that line, I know the old format used to show the number of replies in parentheses--could that be restored? It was very useful for giving a sense of whether new posts might have been added.

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/14/01 at 22:38 (064807)

Scott:

The new design looks more streamlined but it takes a lot longer to scan than when all the posts and responses were listed. Why mess with success?
I like the old format better.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/14/01 at 22:40 (064808)

PS:
Keep in mind that fewer 'clicks' are better. Particularly for those who don't have broadband.
Ed

scott r on 11/15/01 at 14:49 (064833)

thanks for feedback on the design. as I wrote before, replying to old messages which are more likely to be on the second page will cause a new thread because i made an error in the transfer. the old design was broke because it made people lose hard-typed messages, overloaded the server with too many files, and made orders that were placed get lost. except for minor cosmetic changes that have illicited a compliment or two, it is the same message board design.

scott r on 11/15/01 at 14:54 (064834)

nancy, i deleted the number counting routine because it complicated the program and required some memory. it also 'cluttered' the index a little by making people wondered what it was.