Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What to do next?

Posted by Carmel M on 11/13/01 at 21:02 (064763)

Hi all,
I haven't posted in a while. I'm still suffering from PF (2.5 years) and now after all the treatment options (custom orthotics, rest, ice,cortisone shots, physical therapy, occasional use of night splint) I am developing other problems. The peroneal tendon on the outside of my foot hurts on a daily basis (it hurts just sitting here), even if I'm not feeling pain on the bottom of my heel. And I still have pain on the back of my heel probably due to insertional achilles tendonitis.

The last time I spoke to my Pod was to tell him the pt wasn't helping. He isn't willing to talk with me about ESWT, he says it's 'too new, not enough data to really know if it works.' He is NOT pushing for surgery though, and for that I'm grateful.

So is ESWT my next option? And will it make the tendons (achilles and peroneal) better too with out having to treat them seperately?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Carmel

Re: What to do next?

Steve P on 11/15/01 at 20:20 (064853)

Carmel -- You could well be a candidate for ESWT. I suggest that you re-post on the 'Ask The Foot Doctors' message board & get an opinion.

best......Steve

Re: What to do next?

Steve P on 11/15/01 at 20:20 (064853)

Carmel -- You could well be a candidate for ESWT. I suggest that you re-post on the 'Ask The Foot Doctors' message board & get an opinion.

best......Steve