Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Maria G. on 11/14/01 at 14:40 (064787)

Hello,

My name is Maria and I am 18 years of age. I have had this condition for about five years now. I have tried physical theropy three times, I have had arch supports specially made and have tried all the icing and stretching they have told me to do. None of this seemed to have been working for me. I am in nursing school right now and do plan to be a nurse. I can not do this if I have constant pain on my feet. I feel this is getting worse too because I now have pain in my legs, my knees and my back. I would really like to know what you think I should continue to do. I really would love to have a perminant treatment for this for the future. Please write me back as soon as possible, for I am considering surgery at the moment. My email address is (email removed). Thank you for your time and I hope I will hear from you soon.

Maria

Re: Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis

declan c. on 11/16/01 at 12:28 (064876)

have you had any cortisone injections i had my left foot done
&had no more problems although ive just had my right foot done
for the second time today so im hoping this will work

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/16/01 at 18:57 (064890)

Maria:

You are very young to have plantar fasciitis. Generally when plantar fasciitis occurs in young people there are significant biomechanical problems that need to be addressed---overpronation, tight achilles tendons and more. Have you seen a podiatrist or someone who is able to assess you from a biomechanical point of view?
Ed

declan c. on 11/16/01 at 12:28 (064876)

have you had any cortisone injections i had my left foot done
&had no more problems although ive just had my right foot done
for the second time today so im hoping this will work

Ed Davis, DPM on 11/16/01 at 18:57 (064890)

Maria:

You are very young to have plantar fasciitis. Generally when plantar fasciitis occurs in young people there are significant biomechanical problems that need to be addressed---overpronation, tight achilles tendons and more. Have you seen a podiatrist or someone who is able to assess you from a biomechanical point of view?
Ed