Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please send the TTS Angels

Posted by Carol C on 11/14/01 at 21:14 (064805)

Well---After Five Months of Discomfort, Pain, and Frustration, the Diagnosis is final and proven with symptoms as well as with a Positive
Nerve Conduction Study. Please send the TTS Angels to Alabama...
I will be having a TTS Release on Monday 11/19 and I pray that all
goes well. It has got to be a improvement. The last six weeks it has
been as if there are fireworks exploding in my toes randomly and I just
can not tolerate it any longer. So---the adventure begins and the
surgery is scheduled. This IS GOING TO GO WELL...I will let you all
know how it progresses.

Re: Please send the TTS Angels

BrianG on 11/15/01 at 09:15 (064815)

Good luck Carol. Try to follow the docors suggestions about your foot care after the procedure. If he says to rest it, then do it, no cheating!!! :*)

Good luck
BCG

Maureen S on 11/18/01 at 23:46 (064974)

I will be thinking of you as you have your surg on Monday. I will make sure I keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you recover as I know all too well how it is since I am now 5 wks pos-op myself. If you find that you have questions or concers there are many people here that you can reach out too that can give you some encouragement and help along the way. I have found many true and wonderful friends thanks to this wonderful site, as well as information necessary to assisting in the recovery from painful feet. As many of us here have said the road is ong and has many smooth spots and alot of potholes too, the best advise that I can give is be patient let time heal your feet and listen to all of what the dr has to say and follow his directions no matter what , and if you think that you have a problem make sure you stay in cintact with him/her.
I will give you my e-mail if you would like to send me an update rather than posting to the board of if you have a question---all you have to do is ask and there are lots of us here it help. Good luck, and I pray that all goes well for you on Monday.
Love and prayers,
Maureen
(email removed)

Re: Please send the TTS Angels/FIVE DAYS POST OP

Carol C. on 11/23/01 at 23:41 (065124)

Thanks so much for your reply, thoughts and prayers. I am pleased so far with my surgery for TTS...by the way, I also had surgery for Carpal tunnel in the left wrist at the same time, so my entire left side is out of comission somewhat.
I awoke from surgery with improved sensation in my foot from what I had experienced over the five months previous to surgery. My only real set back so far has been that with the surgery on Monday and the follow up visit on Wednesday, the doctor found that my stitches in the foot has partially popped open and I had about a 3-4 inch open incision ---he steri-stipped it---assured me that it would not affect healing...maybe just leave more of a scar and I can deal with that---and advised me to try and stay off the foot a little more that I have been. Of course.....since he also did my hand at the same time, I am having to walk with a quad cane and partial weight bearing right now....so I am just being as careful as I can. Fortunately, the physician, during surgery discovered a cyst the size of his thumb that was entwined in my nerve that
was causing a significant portion of my pain. He was able to remove the cyst with
minimal if any damage to the nerve and with some healing time for the nerve, hopefully, I will regain most all of the sensation in my foot and LOOSE most all of the
pain that I was feeling in that foot. Right now, FIVE DAYS POST OP, I would say,
I am 75% of the way to that goal. My foot, although still very bruised and sore from
surgery, feels much better than in did before the surgery.
Again, any advice and direction that you guys from the group can offer is most appreciated. I am working towards improving my quality of life here and can use
all the help that I can get from those that have already experience this before me.
I do appreciate all the support....it is definately appreciated in dealing with this often hard to diagnose and misunderstood problem.
Best wishes to everyone and thanks again!

Re: I find one thing very interesting

elliott on 11/27/01 at 08:55 (065383)

that you had two surgeries performed at the same time. How was that decided? I would have thought that especially with nerves they wouldn't want to do that in case you have a bad reaction to one surgery, thereby minimizing the damage. I take it your surgeon was some kind of peripheral nerve surgeon rather than a foot/ankle ortho or pod? Glad your foot's a lot better.

BrianG on 11/15/01 at 09:15 (064815)

Good luck Carol. Try to follow the docors suggestions about your foot care after the procedure. If he says to rest it, then do it, no cheating!!! :*)

Good luck
BCG

Maureen S on 11/18/01 at 23:46 (064974)

I will be thinking of you as you have your surg on Monday. I will make sure I keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you recover as I know all too well how it is since I am now 5 wks pos-op myself. If you find that you have questions or concers there are many people here that you can reach out too that can give you some encouragement and help along the way. I have found many true and wonderful friends thanks to this wonderful site, as well as information necessary to assisting in the recovery from painful feet. As many of us here have said the road is ong and has many smooth spots and alot of potholes too, the best advise that I can give is be patient let time heal your feet and listen to all of what the dr has to say and follow his directions no matter what , and if you think that you have a problem make sure you stay in cintact with him/her.
I will give you my e-mail if you would like to send me an update rather than posting to the board of if you have a question---all you have to do is ask and there are lots of us here it help. Good luck, and I pray that all goes well for you on Monday.
Love and prayers,
Maureen
(email removed)

Re: Please send the TTS Angels/FIVE DAYS POST OP

Carol C. on 11/23/01 at 23:41 (065124)

Thanks so much for your reply, thoughts and prayers. I am pleased so far with my surgery for TTS...by the way, I also had surgery for Carpal tunnel in the left wrist at the same time, so my entire left side is out of comission somewhat.
I awoke from surgery with improved sensation in my foot from what I had experienced over the five months previous to surgery. My only real set back so far has been that with the surgery on Monday and the follow up visit on Wednesday, the doctor found that my stitches in the foot has partially popped open and I had about a 3-4 inch open incision ---he steri-stipped it---assured me that it would not affect healing...maybe just leave more of a scar and I can deal with that---and advised me to try and stay off the foot a little more that I have been. Of course.....since he also did my hand at the same time, I am having to walk with a quad cane and partial weight bearing right now....so I am just being as careful as I can. Fortunately, the physician, during surgery discovered a cyst the size of his thumb that was entwined in my nerve that
was causing a significant portion of my pain. He was able to remove the cyst with
minimal if any damage to the nerve and with some healing time for the nerve, hopefully, I will regain most all of the sensation in my foot and LOOSE most all of the
pain that I was feeling in that foot. Right now, FIVE DAYS POST OP, I would say,
I am 75% of the way to that goal. My foot, although still very bruised and sore from
surgery, feels much better than in did before the surgery.
Again, any advice and direction that you guys from the group can offer is most appreciated. I am working towards improving my quality of life here and can use
all the help that I can get from those that have already experience this before me.
I do appreciate all the support....it is definately appreciated in dealing with this often hard to diagnose and misunderstood problem.
Best wishes to everyone and thanks again!

Re: I find one thing very interesting

elliott on 11/27/01 at 08:55 (065383)

that you had two surgeries performed at the same time. How was that decided? I would have thought that especially with nerves they wouldn't want to do that in case you have a bad reaction to one surgery, thereby minimizing the damage. I take it your surgeon was some kind of peripheral nerve surgeon rather than a foot/ankle ortho or pod? Glad your foot's a lot better.