Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hopeful!

Posted by Carole C on 11/15/01 at 12:19 (064831)

My pain has really diminished the last two days! It is still there, but so much less. Some of you will probably relate to my happiness this morning when I was able to walk fairly easily from my bedroom to my living room to get my shoes, barefoot on wall to wall carpet, first thing after waking up, and before Celebrex. I haven't been able to do this for quite a while!

The pain is still there, but much less. I can still tell that there is 'something wrong', and that I should be extra careful with my feet, and there is still a pain in the back of the bottom of my heel, but it's not as severe.

I have been wearing my new Easy Spirit 'Amigo' shoes nearly constantly and tying them pretty tightly. Thank goodness they did not need any breaking in. Also, I have been massaging my feet with hand lotion every night at bedtime. It feels good and who knows, maybe it helps too. I've been doing some very very light stretching, shaking, and general loosening up of my feet and ankles. I try not to do anything that would push my arch down too hard. I stopped riding my exercycle for the time being just in case I was doing something on it that was causing problems (I was just beginning to ride it regularly so it won't take me long to get back up to speed when my feet are better). Taking the advice of those here, I haven't been wearing my Nike Airs very much.

Next Wednesday I have my regular appointment with my rheumatologist, and had planned to get my foot x-rayed while I'm there (he does x-rays in his office). However, by that time I am hoping that I am recovered.

Carole

Re: Hopeful!

BrianG on 11/16/01 at 10:36 (064868)

Hi Carole,

Sounds like you are on the right track. Even if you feel better next week, get the x-rays anyway. They just might show something that you didn't know about, or they can be a good baseline for future x-rays, if your healing drags out. AND no more walking barefoot, OK! I keep my Birks next to my bed. I never, ever go barefoot. But then again I'm still hurtin' and your healing, so I guess your doing something right, hahaaaa Good luck

BCG

Carole C on 11/16/01 at 19:22 (064893)

You are right about walking barefoot. I had left my shoes in the living room after massaging my feet with hand lotion (didn't want to put them back on after that. Next time, I will do that in bed. It is only about 20 feet from my living room to my bed, but not walking barefoot makes a big difference.

I'm hurting a little bit more today (not a good change!) but I'm still a lot better than I was last week. I will see if I can get some x-rays, if I can. I probably was overly optimistic in my original post. (sigh)

Carole

BrianG on 11/16/01 at 10:36 (064868)

Hi Carole,

Sounds like you are on the right track. Even if you feel better next week, get the x-rays anyway. They just might show something that you didn't know about, or they can be a good baseline for future x-rays, if your healing drags out. AND no more walking barefoot, OK! I keep my Birks next to my bed. I never, ever go barefoot. But then again I'm still hurtin' and your healing, so I guess your doing something right, hahaaaa Good luck

BCG

Carole C on 11/16/01 at 19:22 (064893)

You are right about walking barefoot. I had left my shoes in the living room after massaging my feet with hand lotion (didn't want to put them back on after that. Next time, I will do that in bed. It is only about 20 feet from my living room to my bed, but not walking barefoot makes a big difference.

I'm hurting a little bit more today (not a good change!) but I'm still a lot better than I was last week. I will see if I can get some x-rays, if I can. I probably was overly optimistic in my original post. (sigh)

Carole